Herman Hesse

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

DeadDream

Herman Hesse

Post by DeadDream »

Hello!
i'd like 2 know your opinion about my favorite author Herman Hesse. This is German romanist who, i think, the genius. His books are always full of depthm 100% optimizm, love to people and passion to live. He can describe human soul and their mystery impulse. After his book you realize that you can change yourself and all world around. Hesse's books teach u to fight with circumstances and obstacle. The light flowing from Hesse's books shines our ordinary universe and makes it better.
Fight 4 your L!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I think I read something by him in college, but can't remember what :roll:
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

Even if Hesse is not my favourite author, I like him very much!
I've read almost all his books and my favourite is 'Siddharta', but I must say most of his writings are not very easy, maybe because he describes human souls and feelings.
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

I've read "Klingsor's last summer" and found it very, very, very interesting :)

Perhaps I should try other books by Herman Hesse.
danielle626

Post by danielle626 »

I have never heard of Hernann Hesse until about 2 summer ago when I read "Siddhartha." I love that book. One of the reason that I love the book is because I'm Buddhist. I can relate my religion to the book, and understand it more, and it also help me understand more about my religion. It's kind of weird. The reason I read the book is because I took a class during that summer, and it's the book that the class had to read. We had many disscussions and it just make the book more interesting. I encourage anyone to read that book.
louvicine

Post by louvicine »

Siddhartha is my favorit. To deep.
Danielle626 It is a big surprise for me to find a budhist her. That´s a very very intrestin religion. Please talk about your religion. Open a topic please.
Louvicine D´amour
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Buddhist here...

Post by tikay »

If you are interested in Buddhism there are so many ways to read about it by so many interesting people! I love it because anyone can become buddhist with no problem...the basic tenants are loose in a way unless you follow a strict sect of the philosophy...I will open a post so we can discuss it if you are interested more...you can find out much more about me and things I am interested in at amazon.com (amarica) and in the search box put in T.K. Faleofa for my (lazy-mans) quides which are called wish lists because that is a quick way for me to get the news out there for all to do what they like with...I am very strange in my interests maybe so get ready! I was raised by hippies in 1960's U.S.A.............PEACE! :wink: You can see my picture there too...wish I knew how to input one here....anybody?
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

oh Herman Hesse...

Post by tikay »

I cant remember Siddartha, by Hesse but i read some of it when I was about fifteen...so I have preety much forgotten it now...the story is one I know well though Gautama Buddah! Yes. Great stuff his life was made of. :lol: forgot to mention it in the last post!