Bill Gates!

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Bill Gates!

Postby quicksilver » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:14 am

I was really surprised when i read a book ( by First News) about Bill Gates. It is " The path to the future".This book is about Gates' career. He is a billionaire , has a great brain .The man who changed the entire world.It is not as interesting as other novel but i think it is really attract me.Bill Gates didnt graduate the university but he was so cool.The more i read about his life, the more i felt admire him.You can learn how to go into business.
" If you dont believe in your self, who will?" ( Bill Gates)
What do you think about Bill Gates?

weenixbreath
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:49 pm

Postby weenixbreath » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:48 pm

He just did what he should do. I think. When we using microsoft windows operating systems, we should agree with his works are so great. It's no doubtful.

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.
Contact:

I hear in scool

Postby tikay » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:15 pm

I hear that Bill plans to give most of his (is it billions still?) to charity so i think that is pretty cool...he made it really big and he is being a good example to give much to charities...he should help sooner than later maybe...but he will do way more than I ever will so I can't say a word! :lol:

Admiral

Postby Admiral » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:37 pm

He is very loyal towards his wife Melinda Gates. For such a rich businessman, I think that schould be a great moral example.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: I hear in scool

Postby MissLT » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:54 am

tikay wrote:I hear that Bill plans to give most of his (is it billions still?) to charity so i think that is pretty cool...he made it really big and he is being a good example to give much to charities...he should help sooner than later maybe...but he will do way more than I ever will so I can't say a word! :lol:

I don't know about this, but one thing for sure is he's been giving his money to charities. Some people doubt his motive because they think that he's trying to build a nice reputation instead of the one about using ruthless, illegal or monopolistic business practices in computer world. Whatever people think because to me he's still a generous person, even if he does his charity with a purpose. It is still better than some rich people who don't like to pour a single dime out of their pockets. Those are the worse :x .

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.
Contact:

That is right!

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:24 am

I was just laughing about the way my professor and I were battling about the celebrety and how he said that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were just actors who had no business dipping into politics and we had a huge argument about it in class...me defending those two. He acted as if because they were actors they had no brains or hearts, I got so mad because he is not very smart and he thinks because he is a lawyer and teacher, he has the right to judge them? I asked if he was doing anything in politics...and doing anything to help the worlds children and such.
In the end I told him he may be just jealous of their money and the resulting influence.
Angelina and Brad have every right to be political...who isn't right? And to give to any charity they like...be involved in their goals....so what if they are actors, that does not mean they are not human. Same with the money-man... Mr.Bill right? :lol:

User avatar
hoangthuong
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:12 am
Location: VIET NAM

Postby hoangthuong » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:00 am

I haven't read it,but I think it's very interesting, can U share the information with me

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: That is right!

Postby MissLT » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:01 pm

tikay wrote:I was just laughing about the way my professor and I were battling about the celebrety and how he said that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were just actors who had no business dipping into politics and we had a huge argument about it in class...me defending those two. He acted as if because they were actors they had no brains or hearts, I got so mad because he is not very smart and he thinks because he is a lawyer and teacher, he has the right to judge them? I asked if he was doing anything in politics...and doing anything to help the worlds children and such.
In the end I told him he may be just jealous of their money and the resulting influence.
Angelina and Brad have every right to be political...who isn't right? And to give to any charity they like...be involved in their goals....so what if they are actors, that does not mean they are not human. Same with the money-man... Mr.Bill right? :lol:

:? Hmmmm... are you answering my post? It's because I don't see it has anything to do with my post. I was not talking about politics, and whether Bill Gates could be involved in politics or not.

Anyway, about your post, I have to say I'm with your professor on this one right here. I meant, celebrities have every right to be involved in politics like everyone else, but I do not like to see them in office. They could discuss about politics, donate their money for the side they're with, raise funds for the campaign, etc. but do not try to run for a position. They have no experiments for it. Look at Anorld Schwarzenegger! :x

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.
Contact:

Re: That is right!

Postby tikay » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:40 pm

:? Hmmmm... are you answering my post? It's because I don't see it has anything to do with my post. I was not talking about politics, and whether Bill Gates could be involved in politics or not.

Anyway, about your post, I have to say I'm with your professor on this one right here. I meant, celebrities have every right to be involved in politics like everyone else, but I do not like to see them in office. They could discuss about politics, donate their money for the side they're with, raise funds for the campaign, etc. but do not try to run for a position. They have no experiments for it. Look at Anorld Schwarzenegger! :x


Are you trying to get nasty with me? Funny I thought I was agreeing with you....whatever, i am still standing with my opinion...are you trying to say that actors should stay away from politics? Even if some have failed others may do a great job...just like anyone else. Would you like to be told to stay away from politics? Bill Gates is big money, actors are big money...it is all connected. We may not like the ridiculous way it looks when actors and even so called "wrestlers" like Jesse Ventura become our politicians but political arena is full of clowns anyway who sell out their morals for money...in the long run.
If you are being mean to me just ask me to leave your post and I will gladly get lost. (with no hard feelings LT) :roll:

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.
Contact:

Re: Bill Gates!

Postby tikay » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:44 pm

[quote="quicksilver"] It is " The path to the future".This book is about Gates' career. He is a billionaire , has a great brain .The man who changed the entire world.


I think I will have to read this book now thanks for the heads up. (quicksilver) peace.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: That is right!

Postby MissLT » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:10 pm

tikay wrote:Are you trying to get nasty with me? Funny I thought I was agreeing with you....whatever, i am still standing with my opinion...

Let's get this clear out of the way first, shall we? I try not to mix personal feelings in a debate, this is one. Two, I haven't really known you well to get 'nasty' with you. And three is you haven't crossed any personal line for me to get 'nasty' with you. According to these three reasons I do not see why I'm behaving the way you said I am.

My post was about Bill Gates and how he does charities. You were talking about actors wanted to do politics. How are my post and yours connected? Where was the point that you agreed with me? Enlighten me because I think I've missed it :? .

tikay wrote:are you trying to say that actors should stay away from politics?

This is exactly what I was saying in my previous post.

tikay wrote:Even if some have failed others may do a great job...just like anyone else. Would you like to be told to stay away from politics?

I would gladly take the hike if I knew nothing in something and still tried to stick my nose in it.

tikay wrote:Bill Gates is big money, actors are big money...it is all connected.

Well, it could be conntected; however, for years Bill Gates haven't shown any sign that he's interested in politics. All we know for sure is he's interested in computer. Anything that is related to computer. Even when he does something for charity, people still think he does it to clear his reputation in the computer field.

tikay wrote:We may not like the ridiculous way it looks when actors and even so called "wrestlers" like Jesse Ventura become our politicians but political arena is full of clowns anyway who sell out their morals for money...in the long run.

Politicians are different kinda clowns. They went to their clown schoold and did their clowny things before being in office. Just look at any politician's background and you'll see half of his life has been involved with politics. Actors, on the other hand, only discuss about politics. It's a big difference there.

tikay wrote: If you are being mean to me just ask me to leave your post and I will gladly get lost. (with no hard feelings LT) :roll:

You are being too sensitive. I believe I have not insulted you in any way. Well, I've checked my previous post three times, so I'm 100% sure I have not. If you continue to stay here long enough, you would know there are a lot of members at this board do not like the way I talk. Some of them talk behind my back. Some of them say it to my face and then leave. Whatever. I do not give a d**n. They can say it straight to my face they hate me and wish me dead, but my answer to them will forever be, "So?" Why should you care what others think of you if you know you have not done anything wrong? :?

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.
Contact:

I am not worried about it...

Postby tikay » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:45 pm

You are so angry...
I meant to say that it IS connected...if you knew anything about money or politics you would see it is SO very very connected and giving to charities IS political and a move to keep ones money away from the IRS and make a political statement so Bill Gates is in effect making his political statement on the way the money should be spent and on what programs....etc. sorry if I pushed your buttons.
I just want to know why you made me feel like a dope...i know what i am talking about .

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: I am not worried about it...

Postby MissLT » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:23 am

tikay wrote:You are so angry...
I meant to say that it IS connected...if you knew anything about money or politics you would see it is SO very very connected and giving to charities IS political and a move to keep ones money away from the IRS and make a political statement so Bill Gates is in effect making his political statement on the way the money should be spent and on what programs....etc. sorry if I pushed your buttons.
I just want to know why you made me feel like a dope...i know what i am talking about .

Ok, let's step back and see what I wrote to you, shall we?
This is what I wrote,
LennyeTran wrote: :? Hmmmm... are you answering my post? It's because I don't see it has anything to do with my post. I was not talking about politics, and whether Bill Gates could be involved in politics or not.

Those two bold parts right there. The first one is a question following with a confusing smiley. The second one is "I don't see," which is a personal opinion.

And then,
LennyeTran wrote:My post was about Bill Gates and how he does charities. You were talking about actors wanted to do politics. How are my post and yours connected? Where was the point that you agreed with me? Enlighten me because I think I've missed it :? .

Another question that goes along with a confusing smiley. If you think you know what you are talking about, then you should enlighten me. Once again I repeat myself clear and loud to you and to any of you out there, I do not hide any mockery in my posts. When I ask a question, it's a question. I'm not here to embarrass anyone; I'm here to share and discuss information. Do not cross my personal boundaries and I won't cross yours. It's as simple as that.

Anyway, if you sit down and think about it, you would realize I could have just asked you a question and it could have been good enough; I didn't have to make any personal opinion about whether actors should be involved in politics or not. However, I did give you what I thought about this issue. You took it wrong; you thought I was getting 'nasty' with you. Whatever, man. I'm done with explaining myself. You can think whatever you want, okay. You're too uptight.

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.
Contact:

one more eye opener 4 U.

Postby tikay » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:52 pm

I was raised by hippy's. Check out my people.
try thefarm.org or stephen gaskins farm...in search engine of your choice...then you can call me a dirty hippy too.
I am not upset, just "tripping" on you a little bit.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: Me uptight?

Postby MissLT » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:09 pm

tikay wrote:You now call me uptight...great. I want to leave you with two things.
One: I was raised by the loosest people in the world so i am very open minded and no one who knows me calls me too uptight...more like too relaxed and too easy going...thus I try to begin to defend myself, which ironically results in accusations in the opposite direction...so ...life is funny that way, sometimes you cant please anyone.
Two: we live on a planet....where to some of us...especially the beat generation,everything is connected! SO...I found some proof for you since you asked.
(see) http://joliestar.com/index.html
P.S> Aren't you forgetting the angry face you made, the one that connotates & = "mad" in the smileys? You said it yourself there. Maybe you are the one who is being uptight here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fine, if this is what you say you are, then to me you're a forum-virgin. This :x smiley was for Anorld Schwarzenegger, the idiot who bought people to vote for him, not for you. Now I understand why you said I was getting 'nasty' with you. Oh gosh.... :lol:

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.
Contact:

Hey there Lennye Tran...

Postby tikay » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:48 pm

I am a virgin....

just kidding!
Do you think we can be friends now? :cry:
I would like that.

if you would like to see just how wierd I truly am you can try my profile in amazon...the wish lists are my lazy way of creating (mostly books) guides for everyone who wants to know where I am coming from. peace. :lol:
T.K.Faleofa in the search engine will get you to me.
(the great self-promoter) thought it was creative...my poll.

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.
Contact:

ahhhnold.

Postby tikay » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:03 pm

arnold s....one of the silliest thinks since jesse ventura and reagan.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: Hey there Lennye Tran...

Postby MissLT » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:44 am

tikay wrote:I am a virgin....

just kidding!
Do you think we can be friends now? :cry:
I would like that.

if you would like to see just how wierd I truly am you can try my profile in amazon...the wish lists are my lazy way of creating (mostly books) guides for everyone who wants to know where I am coming from. peace. :lol:
T.K.Faleofa in the search engine will get you to me.
(the great self-promoter) thought it was creative...my poll.

Sure, why not.... :wink:

Admiral

Postby Admiral » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:57 pm

Lennye, please don't get angry so many times, it's not good for your health, and for others' eyes which have to read so much.

I also like Gates and Jolie and Pitt, not that I'm interested in them, but they are very successful.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Admiral wrote:Lennye, please don't get angry so many times, it's not good for your health, and for others' eyes which have to read so much.

I also like Gates and Jolie and Pitt, not that I'm interested in them, but they are very successful.

Okay now hold your horses, excuse me? EXCUSE ME? EXCUSE ME? Do you frigging know what you are talking about here? It was a misunderstanding between my posts and Tikay's. I was not angry at her, but right now I am angry at you. Who the heck do you think you are that you have the frigging right to tell me how to feel? Please do not talk to me if you try to stir some arguments here, so I will get kicked out, okay. I know what you have been trying to do. This is the last message I have for you with this issue. I said it publicly so everyone can know and judge it themselves.

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.
Contact:

I am a butthead.

Postby tikay » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:29 pm

wow now I realise what a serious side there is to our posts...or that there can be and of course even though I came here to get over my too serious side at times it is going to come up for anyone who is being honest. Thanks for being that about what you were thinking LT I think maybe you are very smart and probably want your topics to be taken seriously for what you are saying. Maybe you were on the track of just talking about Bill gates and I went off....somewhere else, and you were offended. For this I was planning to say sorry, so that I am, I apologise if I did upset you that was not what i meant to do. also i apologise if I am not suppose to just jump in to any topic...I am new and thought that was how it worked. Yesterday I looked at a topic where the banter was between you and (apparent pals) ...your friends , and I was chagrined...it made me think maybe I have been doing this all wrong (being the "virgin" to the forum) and I felt swayed...so even though it was interesting and I would have maybe jumped in, just like I would 'ave at school....walk up to a bunch of near strangers and listen to the conversation, usually in the smoking area, and eventually, if they were my kind of prople, I would add my input.
That is just how I thought it was in here. There is more to it I think, now. Thanks for the nuance...the knowledge of this.
I think I will be more careful. You have been on my mind. i hope you are feeling better about our (small) conflict because I am.
sorry :( for the trouble I am at times...I was confused :?
tracey


Return to “Books & Authors”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests