FANS OF SHERLOCK HOLMES

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Dixie wrote:Well, I think he's sooo passive I still wonder what his role is in the story except that of the narrator.

And how come Sherlock is soooooo single!?

Does anybody think there's something going on between those two? :lol:
lol you're not suggesting our Sherlock's gay, are you? shame on you Dixie! Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would be appalled to hear that lol but speaking of Dr. Watson. Yeah, he is passive but I guess that's how he must be as it's Holmes who has to do all the job. ;)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

illusion wrote: lol you're not suggesting our Sherlock's gay, are you? shame on you Dixie! Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would be appalled to hear that lol but speaking of Dr. Watson. Yeah, he is passive but I guess that's how he must be as it's Holmes who has to do all the job. ;)
hehehe Sir Conan Doyle would have me impaled :lol: Yes he's passive, he just loves to see how his friend works and all... I wonder how his wife's not jealous :lol:
Laxuan

Post by Laxuan »

Dr.Watson is a very loyal friend, he helped Holmes in many cases, maybe he isn't intelligent but he can enlighten Holmes and protect holmes with his best effort
And about watson's wife, she died, didn't she
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Laxuan wrote: And about watson's wife, she died, didn't she
Not in my book :roll:
Jaime

Post by Jaime »

I find the relationship between Holmes and Watson absolutely fascinating. If you read all the books (and, this time, you should!) in chronological order, you'll see how their acquaintance developed into a lasting friendship. The frienship between these two men is the other "story" Conan Doyle wrote about in all Sherlock Holmes' books. So I guess Watson is not that "passive" character...
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

if your book is an e-book can you share your book for me. my email: diendx@fsoft.com.vn

Glad to meet you in this forum. If you want i will share of many classical story for you such as: Crime and punishment, Dracula, War and Peace..
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

wanderer wrote: If you want i will share of many classical story for you such as: Crime and punishment, Dracula, War and Peace..
Crima and punishment. that's what i'm reading right now. I though it's gonna be too difficult to read in English, but so far it's good