To turn email notifications ON or OFF go to [Username] > User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit notification options

What Are Your Favorite Quotations?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

User avatar
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:50 pm

What Are Your Favorite Quotations?

Post by Miss. Ladybird » Wed May 02, 2007 8:56 pm

Don't you sometimes feel "stuck" to a problem or a no-win situation and you find yourself very depressed and unable to do anything? It even gets worse when you find nobody to talk to.

Well, I had gone through this a lot. One of the things that helped me is reading these lines every time I feel depressed. They're a part of a novel called" Robinson Crusoe" written by Daniel Defoe. It's a story of a sailor who was desolated in an island alone and with nothing to help him survive. Believe me! It will help you to see the bright side of any problem.


"I had now brought my State of Life to be much easier in it self than it was at first, and much easier to my Mind, as well as to my Body. I frequently sat down to my Meat with Thankfulness, and admir'd the Hand of God's providence, which had thus spread my Table in the Wilderness. I learn'd to look more upon the bright Side of my Condition, and less upon the dark Side; and to consider what I enjoy'd, rather than what I wanted; and this gave me sometimes such secret Comforts, that I cannot express them; and which I take Notice of here, to put those discontented People in Mind of it, who cannot enjoy comfortably what God has given them; because they see, and covet something that he has not given them; All our Discontents about what we want, appear'd to me, to spring from the Want of Thankfulness for what we have."

From "Robinson Crusoe" by Daniel Defoe

User avatar
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:59 am

Post by Chet Baker » Thu May 03, 2007 7:14 am

"If I lose my freedom, I would rather die."

This is my famous quotation and also my dream. :!:

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Thu May 03, 2007 8:18 pm

Chet Baker wrote:"If I lose my freedom, I would rather die."

This is my famous quotation and also my dream. :!:

There is a quote on the vehicle plate from the state of New Hampshire says "Live free or Die". It's my famous quote too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Free_or_Die

User avatar
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:59 am

Post by Chet Baker » Fri May 04, 2007 2:30 am

vince90 wrote:
Chet Baker wrote:"If I lose my freedom, I would rather die."

This is my famous quotation and also my dream. :!:

There is a quote on the vehicle plate from the state of New Hampshire says "Live free or Die". It's my famous quote too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Free_or_Die
Thank you Vince90. Unfortunately, how many people can live free? If you are an office clerk, you have to stay in office for more than 10 hours a day, you may have 1.5 days off if you are lunck. :? "Free" is too expensive for someone who don't have money to support themseleve and their family.

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Fri May 04, 2007 3:12 pm

Chet Baker wrote:
vince90 wrote:
Chet Baker wrote:"If I lose my freedom, I would rather die."

This is my famous quotation and also my dream. :!:

There is a quote on the vehicle plate from the state of New Hampshire says "Live free or Die". It's my famous quote too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Free_or_Die
Thank you Vince90. Unfortunately, how many people can live free? If you are an office clerk, you have to stay in office for more than 10 hours a day, you may have 1.5 days off if you are lunck. :? "Free" is too expensive for someone who don't have money to support themseleve and their family.
At least you are free to choice to be an office clerk and work for the company you like. There are many people in this world don’t even have a basic human right. You’re lucky buddy. :D

User avatar
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:59 am

Post by Chet Baker » Sat May 05, 2007 3:10 am

vince90 wrote:
Chet Baker wrote:
vince90 wrote:
There is a quote on the vehicle plate from the state of New Hampshire says "Live free or Die". It's my famous quote too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Free_or_Die
Thank you Vince90. Unfortunately, how many people can live free? If you are an office clerk, you have to stay in office for more than 10 hours a day, you may have 1.5 days off if you are lunck. :? "Free" is too expensive for someone who don't have money to support themseleve and their family.
At least you are free to choice to be an office clerk and work for the company you like. There are many people in this world don’t even have a basic human right. You’re lucky buddy. :D
Yes Vince90, there are many people still living in the living hell, they may suffer from war or personal health condition. let's pray. :cry:

User avatar
monic
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by monic » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:59 pm

Best of all he loved the fall
The leaves yellow on the cottonwoods
Leaves floating on the trout streams
And above the hills
The high blue windless skies
Now he will be a part of them forever

Ernest Hemingway - Idaho - 1939

This may not be my favorite quote but this author besides is one of the best riders ever born his history was full of turbulent episodes...
"Many of his works are now considered canonical in American literature"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Hemingway

Melek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Melek » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:07 pm

Gabriel Garsia Markes
13 aphorisms about life

1.I don’t love you for who you are, but for that who I am when Im with you..

2.No person in the world deserves ur tears &but who deserves, will never make you cry..

3.Only for the reason that someone doesn’t love u as u want,doest mean that he doesn’t love u by all his heart..

4.The worst way of missing someone is to be with him & to realize that he will never be yours..

5.Never stop smiling,even if u you are sad,coz someone will fall in love with ur smile..

6.A real friend is who will hold your hand & feel your heart..

7.Maybe in this world you are merely a person,but for someone you are the whole world…

8.Dont waste ur time on the person who doesn’t srive to spend it with you..

9.Dont cry that all have passed,but smile that it happened..

10.Always there exist people who hurt u…You must continue trusting people,but be a little bit careful..

11.Become better & u urself first understand who u r ,untill u meet a new one & hope that he will understand u..

12.Dont make so much efforts, all the best happens suddenly..

13.Maybe God wants us to meet not that person until we meet that sole person,in order we should be grateful,when we meet him..



p.s.my favourite ones!

sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:35 pm
Status: Other

Post by sweets » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:48 pm

my faviourt qoute "TO BE OR NOT TO BE" it gives me the power to try make my life better :)

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:30 am


"Here I am. Not there. Not where I used to be or where I will be someday or where I wish I were. But here. In this place. Amid this specific circumstances. Here I am. Not as I was yesterday, or as I will be tomorrow or as I wish I were. But as I am. In this condition, this shape. With this particular thoughts and feelings.
Here I am, GOD."

This was shared to me. And I love it. I'm sharing this to all.
This has touched the very core of my heart and has given me a meaningfull life.

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:27 am

:D This is also one among my favourite.

"Always make room for beauty in your life; in your home, in your work, your leisure, your relationship, your prayer. No beauty no life. Beauty is essential for survival and growth."

User avatar
milococosiro
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 2:42 pm

Post by milococosiro » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:03 am

sweets wrote:my faviourt qoute "TO BE OR NOT TO BE" it gives me the power to try make my life better :)
Is it quoted from "HAMLET"?

my favourite quotation is "Think all of what you say but don't say all of what you think."

sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:35 pm
Status: Other

Post by sweets » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:48 pm

yes :D ihave quated it form HAMELT i like this play :lol:

cheeeeeeeeeeers

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:37 pm

This is an excerpt from a book I have read,
"Carry on, no matter what happens. Hide your private sorrows under a smile and carry on." difficult though. Still shows.
In fairness, this is nice really. I like this.

Melek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Melek » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:02 am

10 things GOD won't ask on doomsday:


1...GOD won't ask what kind of car u drove,HE'll ask how many people u drove who didn't have transportation.

2...GOD won't ask the square footage of ur house,HE'll ask how many people u welcomed into ur house.


3...GOD won't ask about the clothes u had in ur closet,HE'll ask how many u helped to clothe.

4...GOD won't ask what ur highest salary was,HE'll ask if u compromised ur character to obtain it.

5...GOD won't ask what ur job title was,HE'll ask if u perfomed ur job to the best of ur ability.

6...GOD won't ask how many friends u had,HE'll ask how many people to whom u were a friend.

7...GOD won't ask in what neighbourhood u lived,HE'll ask how u treated ur neighbours.

8...GOD won't ask about the color of ur skin,HE'll ask about the content of ur character.

9...GOD won't ask why it took u so long to seek Salvation,HE'll lovingly take u to ur mansion in the Heaven,and not to the gates of Hell.

10...GOD won't ask how many people u forwarded this to,HE already knows ur decision.


User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:01 am


Here's another among my favourites;

"Life is a succession of lessons
which must be lived to be understood."
-HELEN KELLER-

Bazooka
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Bazooka » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:52 am

" ... It is not important who I am, what I do will define me ... " I am really fond of this quotation.

(((Edu)))
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:22 pm

Post by (((Edu))) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:54 pm

We don't need more strength or more ability or greater oportunity. What we need is to use what we have. (Basil S. Walsh)

User avatar
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other

Post by Tora » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:56 pm

GOD, Melek, you hurt my eyes 8)

User avatar
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Bambang » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:04 am

"Life is a drama. Take and play your own role."

= Old Uncle Bambang =

User avatar
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Post by illusion » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:43 pm

"What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving, how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension, how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me; no, nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so."


"Hamlet" by William Shakespeare

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:12 pm

illusion wrote:"What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving, how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension, how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me; no, nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so."


"Hamlet" by William Shakespeare
I love a quotation from Hamlet. I will look for it.

EDIT: Can't find it! Anyway it's the one that starts with Gertrude saying something like: "Hamlet, you have thy father much offended"...

User avatar
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Bambang » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:38 pm

Dixie wrote:
illusion wrote:"What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving, how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension, how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me; no, nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so."


"Hamlet" by William Shakespeare
I love a quotation from Hamlet. I will look for it.

Once upon a time, there was a nice curious uncle. He wanted to know about Hamlet. Then he bought a DVD entitled "Hamlet". It contained 3 compact discs. Then he watched the movie. He almost cried in the middle of the movie. Not because of the story but .... he needed more than 4 hours to watch it through. Finally he just watched the first 20 minutes, then 20 minutes in the middle, and 10 minutes at the end.

After that he put the DVD under his cupboard in the hope that he would never find it.

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:41 pm

bambang wrote: Once upon a time, there was a nice curious uncle. He wanted to know about Hamlet. Then he bought a DVD entitled "Hamlet". It contained 3 compact discs. Then he watched the movie. He almost cried in the middle of the movie. Not because of the story but .... he needed more than 4 hours to watch it through. Finally he just watched the first 20 minutes, then 20 minutes in the middle, and 10 minutes at the end.

After that he put the DVD under his cupboard in the hope that he would never find it.
OH my dog! Please read the book.

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:43 pm

Found it!

Act 3, Scene 4

HAMLET

Now, mother, what's the matter?

QUEEN GERTRUDE

Hamlet, thou hast thy father much offended.

HAMLET

Mother, you have my father much offended.

QUEEN GERTRUDE

Come, come, you answer with an idle tongue.

HAMLET

Go, go, you question with a wicked tongue.


I just loved this part. Note that when Gertrude says "thy father" she means Claudius, and when Hamlet says "my father" he means his real father.

source

User avatar
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Bambang » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:49 pm

Dixie wrote:
bambang wrote: Once upon a time, there was a nice curious uncle. He wanted to know about Hamlet. Then he bought a DVD entitled "Hamlet". It contained 3 compact discs. Then he watched the movie. He almost cried in the middle of the movie. Not because of the story but .... he needed more than 4 hours to watch it through. Finally he just watched the first 20 minutes, then 20 minutes in the middle, and 10 minutes at the end.

After that he put the DVD under his cupboard in the hope that he would never find it.
OH my dog! Please read the book.

I don't even like dogs.

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:52 pm

bambang wrote:
I don't even like dogs.
How about books? ;)

User avatar
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Bambang » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:31 am

Dixie wrote:
bambang wrote:
I don't even like dogs.
How about books? ;)

C'mon Dixie. I don't like books on dogs.

It's not Shakespeare's era any more.

It's Steven Spielberg's and Steven Hawking's.

User avatar
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Post by illusion » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:28 pm

Dixie wrote:Found it!

Act 3, Scene 4

HAMLET

Now, mother, what's the matter?

QUEEN GERTRUDE

Hamlet, thou hast thy father much offended.

HAMLET

Mother, you have my father much offended.

QUEEN GERTRUDE

Come, come, you answer with an idle tongue.

HAMLET

Go, go, you question with a wicked tongue.


I just loved this part. Note that when Gertrude says "thy father" she means Claudius, and when Hamlet says "my father" he means his real father.

source



yeah, I know what you mean. I've read Hamlet more than 10 times. I nearly know it by heart in English. It's the best tragedy that Shakespeare has ever created...I am so in love with Hamlet, his intelligence and wicked sense of humour. He was a very sensitive character and I couldn't stop crying when I read the scene of his death... "the rest is silence"

User avatar
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Post by illusion » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:35 pm

bambang wrote:
Dixie wrote:
bambang wrote:
I don't even like dogs.
How about books? ;)

C'mon Dixie. I don't like books on dogs.

It's not Shakespeare's era any more.

It's Steven Spielberg's and Steven Hawking's.

For Shame! Shakespeare's era was, is and will be forever because the truths contained in his works are immortal and despite the huge amount of time that has passed since he wrote, the things he wrote about and emotions he exposed are simply timeless!

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1254
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 6:26 pm

about ...Sheakspeare.

Post by LadyMacbeth » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:00 pm

Hello :)
For Shame! Shakespeare's era was, is and will be forever because the truths contained in his works are immortal and despite the huge amount of time that has passed since he wrote, the things he wrote about and emotions he exposed are simply timeless!
I would like to suggest one thing. My nickname is what it is but I would never ever tried to ...overestimate meaining of Sheakspeare in the world of biggest world's literature.

During his lifetime he was a successful author/actor in times where theatre was extremely popular. Many reasons of it.
Then he was forgotten for long, long times as far as I know.
Finally his compatriots found him to have someone who could beat all what ancient Rome has left till today.
Doth Brits have always been sure they happened to be the best people in the world.

Well... did they really beat all ancient big poets with one Sheakspeare? :roll:

But... but... they did the best business on his plays. That is rather no doubt to me. Rome's poets performances must have been not half as expensive as Sheakspeare's have always been! :(

LM

User avatar
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: about ...Sheakspeare.

Post by illusion » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:43 am

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hello :)
For Shame! Shakespeare's era was, is and will be forever because the truths contained in his works are immortal and despite the huge amount of time that has passed since he wrote, the things he wrote about and emotions he exposed are simply timeless!
I would like to suggest one thing. My nickname is what it is but I would never ever tried to ...overestimate meaining of Sheakspeare in the world of biggest world's literature.

During his lifetime he was a successful author/actor in times where theatre was extremely popular. Many reasons of it.
Then he was forgotten for long, long times as far as I know.
Finally his compatriots found him to have someone who could beat all what ancient Rome has left till today.
Doth Brits have always been sure they happened to be the best people in the world.

Well... did they really beat all ancient big poets with one Sheakspeare? :roll:

But... but... they did the best business on his plays. That is rather no doubt to me. Rome's poets performances must have been not half as expensive as Sheakspeare's have always been! :(

LM

oh yeah, why did you ever choose that nickname? Do you want to follow your nickname's character's path?

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1254
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 6:26 pm

hello illusion :)

Post by LadyMacbeth » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:05 pm

Hello all Sheakespeare's fans :)

Well... I would never ever tell anyone from Warsaw what should be done! Never ever indeed!!!

But what I like much more than my own gory personality are - for example - nice, fresh and sound Celtic poems...

I would rather cite them than my own words here or there (still not a single word about my deeds )! :ups:

So one of my favourite cites if anyone cares... :)

A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise up
To meet you.

May the wind be always
At your back.

May the sun shine warm
upon your face.

May the rain fall soft
upon your field,

And until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

A Celtic Prayer

Deep peace of the
running waves to you.

Deep peace of the
flowing air to you.

Deep peace of the
quiet earth to you.

Deep peace of the
shining stars to you.

Deep peace of the
Son of Peace to you.

LM

User avatar
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Bambang » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:50 pm

I didn't mean to let the Shakespeare's fans down. However, let's analyse one of his "spectacular" work of art namely Romeo and Juliet.

At the end of the drama, we could see that finally the couple commit suicide in the name of love.

What kind of lesson can you give to the next generations? Commiting suicide is the best solution?
I would say that it's stupid instead of dramatic and touching ending.

Today's generation thinks that loving the opposite sex is everything. Life will be empty without that love. In some extent it's correct. But it's not totally correct.

Why not watch or read movies or books which can encourage us to face this life optimistically.

This is good advice:

DARE TO LIVE

instead of

LET'S DIE.



Ohhh... more advice:

Watch FEAR FACTOR or SURVIVAL. You'll be more realistic and optimistic in facing this beautiful life.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:59 pm

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." (Amy Tan)

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:49 pm

Proverb:

"A great man is always willing to be little."

by: Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Bambang » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:51 am

krisi wrote:Proverb:

"A great man is always willing to be little."

by: Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes, be a humble person.

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:42 am

The best index to a person's character is
(a) how he treats people who can't do him any good, and
(b) how he treats people who can't fight back.


- Abigail van Buren -

User avatar
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other

Post by Tora » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:47 am

bambang wrote:
krisi wrote:Proverb:

"A great man is always willing to be little."

by: Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes, be a humble person.
Since I have read "David Copperfield" I can consider an attitude of "humble" as mean, disgusting, cunning slimy Uriah Heep only... it is more a negative characteristic of a person for me now

but I love krisi's posted quote :wink:

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:41 am

Tora wrote:
Proverb:

"A great man is always willing to be little."

by: Ralph Waldo Emerson
I love krisi's posted quote :wink:


Thanks. (I find you one among the great! :wink:)

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:06 am

I don't think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that still remains.
- Anne Frank -
Image

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:43 pm

Many of our disappointments and much of our unhappiness arise from our forming a false notions of things and persons.

-Abigail Adams-

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:52 pm

Happiness is a direction, not a place.
-Syndey J. Harris-
Image

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:44 pm

Never take away hope from any human being.

By: Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:18 am

Happiness is a perfume, you can't pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.

User avatar
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Post by Vega » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:15 am

Ех nihilo nihil

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:22 pm

Each day is a little life.

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:56 am

Don't be afraid to fail, don't waist energy trying to cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It's OK.
If you're not failing, you're not growing.


H. Stanley Judd

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:18 pm

There are many things in life that will catch your eye. But only a few will catch your heart...

-Ben Crenshaw
Image

User avatar
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Krisi » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:55 am

Believe you can and you're halfway there.

-Theodore Roosevelt

Post Reply