DO YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER OF J.K.ROWLING?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Books are sent.
kakashi

Post by kakashi »

Thanks so much! :)
liandcy

Harry Potter

Post by liandcy »

Hi,fellas!
Do you like reading story? Say, if only some of you were not reading story lovers, have you ever read Harry Potter? I’m sure almost you all have. Yeah, it’s really a wonderful story I have read up to now. It has given me great bravery, optimission, and spirit I’ve never got before-above all my efforts- to face life with all minds, no matter how hard it is.
Knowing the fact that his life is just like a stone throw to the death, moreover while facing his enemy, Lord Voldemort, he never ran back frightenedly. On the other hand, Harry optimistically fought though there may be only little chance left.
He has too great responsibility as a very young teenager to solve witch world’s problem. Furthermore, he has been suffered many times since he was baby. I can’t figure out how he faced those horrible moments.
Getting uncountable experiences, lessons, and wise words from that story, I appreciate the author so much, J.K. Rowling. She motivates me to move on and never give up along my life.
Well, friends! Now, tell me what you got and you felt after experiencing a lot of wonderful heart breathing situations with Harry Potter!
Nu

Post by Nu »

hmm... very interesting why here is no answer ) i thought Harry Potter is liked throughout the world )

P.S. don't know why but not for me... read Mark Fray better... i don't know if there are any translations from Russian...
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I have just read the first one, and consequently I have only seen the first movie :twisted:
liandcy

Post by liandcy »

Dixie wrote:I have just read the first one, and consequently I have only seen the first movie :twisted:
oh. I think you should go on to the second one and so on. I promise you won't be dissapointed.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

liandcy wrote:
oh. I think you should go on to the second one and so on. I promise you won't be dissapointed.
I was told there are spiders in the second movie. I have arachnophobia, so I decided I wouldn't read the book because then I would want to watch the movie and I just can't stand those creatures :roll:
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

i've read the Harry Potter books and i've watched the first 3 movies.

they are fine books... the only thing which annoyed me in the 6 books i've read was that i knew Harry will survive till the last book... so it was somehow knowing the end of the first 6 published book...
but i liked the kind of suspect in the story and also the way secret things were revealed in the end.

waiting for the 7th book... can't guess if Harry will survie this time or no... gotta wait :wink:
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

Dixie wrote:I was told there are spiders in the second movie. I have arachnophobia, so I decided I wouldn't read the book because then I would want to watch the movie and I just can't stand those creatures :roll:
yeah Dixie... there are spiders in the second book and movie... i hate spiders and i'm scared of them too(i sometimes wonder why i'm afraid of such small creatures, though... but the spiders in the movie are not small at all!)... i read the book with no problem but for the movie, except for the first time i watched it, i try to look to some other thing when the spiders are coming down over Harry & Ron :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Dexter wrote: i read the book with no problem but for the movie, except for the first time i watched it, i try to look to some other thing when the spiders are coming down over Harry & Ron :wink:
When I watch a movie, I want to have a good time. I can't have a good time with those creatures :roll:
Nu

Post by Nu »

2 Dixie

Sorry for spamming... but u don't like only spiders or every arthropod u know?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Nu wrote:2 Dixie

Sorry for spamming... but u don't like only spiders or every arthropod u know?
Neither of them! I can stand the vision of a scorpion, yes... not that I like them...
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

I like to play Harry porter games very much because of its fancy attractions. :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Waiting for book 7th. I got a mail last time that I could sign up for a 40% discount when purchasing the book. However, the stupid link didn't work, so I guess I'll have to wait in line on the first day it's here. I hope I'm not gonna fight with any high school kids for it. :lol:
laetetia

Hi

Post by laetetia »

I'm new here, but this theme calls my attention. I love all the books of Harry Potter :oops: .
I see the films, but it doesn't equals, the book always is better than the film.
But well, now i am reading "Narnia".
I recommend those books, all of them (like 11).
There are very similar of Harry Potter, but at the same time....very different...
:D
nien

Post by nien »

Hi Len,

I heard from a friend that Harry Potter 7th was out already. Is it?
Probably, it will be available at bookstores here in six months after it's released. Maybe more. Depends on how thick this new book.
Must be patient :p
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I only know the title and the cover, not the book. It will be available in July. I can't wait. If I'm free on that day, I'll get in line to buy the book. :D
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I quited reading on #4 and watching on #3... you inspire me with your excitement to make and effort and give my brain a rest from all that moody literature I read and plunge into magic harry :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Tora wrote:I quited reading on #4 and watching on #3... you inspire me with your excitement to make and effort and give my brain a rest from all that moody literature I read and plunge into magic harry :lol:
I love HP so much, for it's always been my dream since I was a little kid. The magic world: flying, using magics, fighting the evils, etc. I still have some dreams of flying at night in me. That's why it always gives me a good feeling when I read the books. As a result, I tend to re-read it when I'm in a bad mood.(my own psychological therapy session).
Boris

Post by Boris »

What do you think who will be murdered in the last part?
I’d like to ask your opinion about plenty violence scene in each Rowling’s book. Is it acceptably for children's literature?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I want Harry Potter to be killed :twisted: . And I think it's acceptable since this world is full of violence. Therefore, we should teach them why it's wrong instead of shielding them away without teaching.
jmiya

Post by jmiya »

Hmmm, I dont like the idea of harry being kill in his last story...I must say that Im an avid fun of harry potter. I have a collection of all the books(except for the last) and DVD copy of the movies. Though its more fun reading... Its great to have books for the kids like HP series. Actually I think its not just for kids, adults also can relate to it...i've also watched Narnia and Im interested in reading the book also.Right now Im waiting for the last book to be release in my country and Im sure it will be selling like hotcakes :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I think she might not kill Harry since it's still a children book after all. How would the kids feel if the main character was killed? Dumbledore's death was devastating enough. :cry:
melip

Post by melip »

Hello I'm new here, but I just saw this forum and it caught my attention because I love all HP books. I also think that Harry should not been killed because he is the main character and I agree with Lennye, Dumbledore's death really was devastating.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hehehehe I know she shouldn't kill him, but I wanted him to be killed. I don't want her work to be continued by some other lame authors. I mean, get your own imagination, for crying out loud.

My cousins and I have been really excited to wait for book 7th in July. I'm kinda sad that I won't be able to buy the book in the night it comes out. On the other hand, I'll have my cousin's wedding that day to cheer me up.
medattes

Post by medattes »

whoever wants to get harry potter novelscan contact me on my messenger : *******.fr
for my point of view, I think that harry potter is the best novel I ever read i my life. I read all books now and I'm waiting for the HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HOLLOWS last novel by J.K.Rowling. I keep on advising everyone to profit from it. I also like the movies except the third one. It went absolutely out of the book story. well, don't forget to email me if you want the books.
melip

Post by melip »

LennyeTran wrote:Hehehehe I know she shouldn't kill him, but I wanted him to be killed. I don't want her work to be continued by some other lame authors. I mean, get your own imagination, for crying out loud.

My cousins and I have been really excited to wait for book 7th in July. I'm kinda sad that I won't be able to buy the book in the night it comes out. On the other hand, I'll have my cousin's wedding that day to cheer me up.

Well I think that you are right, but I still don't want Harry to be killed....but that's a good reason why the author has to kill him.
I want to have that book in my hands and see what happens at the end.... :D
funnyclick

Post by funnyclick »

I've read Harry Potter since I was 10, and I'm 17 now. This book has been attracted many readers's hearts especially teenagers.
Do you think Ms. Rowling will continue writing the book 8?
melip

Post by melip »

I don't think so because she already said that the 7 book is the last one and I think that if she said that is because the series is over. but I will be very happy if there are going to be more books. :D
pharmart

Harry Potter novels AND vocabulary....PLEASE HELP ME?

Post by pharmart »

Hi, I am not an English speaking native and I thought I could improve my vocabulary by reading the Harry Potter novels. What do you think? I want to improve my understanding of English by reading the Harry Potter novels. Will the words used in those books be helpful?
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Harry Potter novels AND vocabulary....PLEASE HELP ME?

Post by illusion »

pharmart wrote:Hi, I am not an English speaking native and I thought I could improve my vocabulary by reading the Harry Potter novels. What do you think? I want to improve my understanding of English by reading the Harry Potter novels. Will the words used in those books be helpful?
reading any kind of book in English is a great idea. It will definitely improve your understanding and enrich your vocabulary. That's how I always feel after having read something in English ;) I think the potter books are good because you can get a lot of everyday British English in it :)
khangminh

DO YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER OF J.K.ROWLING?

Post by khangminh »

Harry Potter is a good novel.I like Harry Potter so much. It has a lot of magic.It is risky and it takes me to discover many exciting places. It shows me a lot of mithological animal.
HARRY POTTER IS REALLY EXCITED AND ATTRACTIVE.
how about you? Can you tell me your idea?
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by **Elena** »

As for me I read only first book and watched first movie and thats all! Enough!!!
I was not so impressed like you KHANGMINH, sorry!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

**Elena** wrote:As for me I read only first book and watched first movie and thats all!
Just like me!
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I haven't read any of the books. It's for kids!
khangminh

Post by khangminh »

you are right,Xkalibur.I am just 13 and i love it so much. :D .But a lot of adult also love it like me.So you do not like Harry Potter,which kinds of novel do you like?
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

khangminh wrote:you are right,Xkalibur.I am just 13 and i love it so much. :D .But a lot of adult also love it like me.So you do not like Harry Potter,which kinds of novel do you like?
A lot of adults likes because they haven't grown up mentally, they are the same kids deep inside themselves.

I prefer realistic books..
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

It's so good to be able not to be grown up by mentally. I have read all potter's books, except last one. I will wait until they translate it and someone buy it that I can borrow it to read. It's no point to me to buy that book. If I could have kids my self, it would be different I could buy it to them. :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Xkalibur wrote:I haven't read any of the books. It's for kids!
That's what I used to think until somebody convinced me to read the first book. I loved it! I watched the movie right after that.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Dixie wrote:
Xkalibur wrote:I haven't read any of the books. It's for kids!
That's what I used to think until somebody convinced me to read the first book. I loved it! I watched the movie right after that.
The first book was the best one.. next ones can hardly be good as first. Because they are continues of the first one, they stay always: second, third and.. etc. But movie was only first one that was good. next ones I even did not watch.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Nuh huh, the fifth HP is the best one, to me. And evidently, the fifth one got sold the most; 200-300-something millions books were sold.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

LennyeTran wrote:Nuh huh, the fifth HP is the best one, to me. And evidently, the fifth one got sold the most; 200-300-something millions books were sold.
Fifth one was worst.
YAYO

Post by YAYO »

By all means Harry to poter is one of best books than I have written in this world, the problem occurs when they made the films, I personally likes but the books, I believe that they are better.
jmiya

Post by jmiya »

I I agree with Yayo...the books are better than the movie. I had read all the Potter book except the last one, and I must say its a cool and wonderful... im looking forward in reading the last and hope to be the best of Harry Potter series
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I don't care about Potter guy, if he will die or not. He's a stupid kid anyway. I'm interested about Severus Snape. He's most interesting character in that book.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hardi wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:Nuh huh, the fifth HP is the best one, to me. And evidently, the fifth one got sold the most; 200-300-something millions books were sold.
Fifth one was worst.
You didn't read it, then. I believe the seventh surpassed the fifth's record because it's the last book. I'm not saying it's not good; it is good. However, the epilogue just killed it. I wished she wouldn't have soften it up.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hardi wrote:I don't care about Potter guy, if he will die or not. He's a stupid kid anyway. I'm interested about Severus Snape. He's most interesting character in that book.
I've always believed he was a good guy, and boy, was I right or what! My cousins were mad since they had no faith in him as a loyal person to Dumbledore.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

LennyeTran wrote: You didn't read it, then. I believe the seventh surpassed the fifth's record because it's the last book. I'm not saying it's not good; it is good. However, the epilogue just killed it. I wished she wouldn't have soften it up.
I did read it. But I'm really not sure what about it was. I think there was Dolores Umbridge right? ..But it was still worst.
Predin

Post by Predin »

Hell yeah, I like them. Actually finished reading The Deathly Hallows the day before yesterday and really liked it. The bad thing was I didn't remember what the previous book was about. I ended up kinda confused in some parts of the book because I had forgotten some characters and stuff about Horcruxes.
ERPS

Post by ERPS »

I already ended this book... and I loved it... every single part of it... I dunno why peple tend to say it's stupid and that it's for kids... hey... I began reading HP books when I was 11... is it my fault that it took so many years to be done with the whole thing?

And just pointing one thing out... Voldemort is so cool and great that only he could kill himself