BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

MaureenQC

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS

Post by MaureenQC »

I have a lower intermediate English student who is looking for reading material for her level. Her reading preferences are spiritual journeys, fictional or real voyages of personal discovery, philosophical, etc.

As I don’t share her preferences, I am at a loss to direct her to books for her ESL reading level on these subjects. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS

Post by Joe »

Hard to imagine "spiritual journeys, fictional or real voyages of personal discovery, philosophical" at lower-intermediate. But you could always check out our recommended reading, which includes works by age groups.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
casual

Post by casual »

Could anyone recommend a good book to read? It could be fiction or some psychologic novel.

Thanks
Murazik
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Murazik »

That's not "spiritual journeys, fictional or real voyages of personal discovery, philosophical" but Sophie Kinsella's novels are perfect for this level.
As far as I was concerned Can't wait to see whatever movie they're filming in London right now.