A book recommendation

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

Pudding

A book recommendation

Post by Pudding »

Can anyone recommend a good English novel for an intermediate level, 12 year old Chinese boy, to read to improve his English. I have been looking but, not having children myself, I am unsure what might be relevant or interesting for him. Many thanks
rosalynr

Re: A book recommendation

Post by rosalynr »

Hello {-;
My favourite novel is "The Home and the World". I've read it many times in college .
But, if you do not like to read books, you can simply listen to the audiobook. I have found the full version on this resource:
https://freebooksummary.com/category/th ... -the-world
Let me know if you would like it as well:)
violar

Post by violar »

Sherlock Holmes short stories are a great place to send them - short, engaging and full of detail. A good longer read is O. Henry. His style is very easy and they can read some really beautifully crafted short stories.
Stamesko

Post by Stamesko »

jojoz wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:25 am I like Sherlock Holmes short stories too. They are easy to read
It is important to understand all the details, because it is easy to read, but not everyone is able to go deeper and understand the essence of the same deduction.
When writing text or book it is very important to check it for plagiarism.I already know that you can find plagiarism checker with percentage https://fixgerald.com/ and they help with this difficult case,because often you need to check for plagiarism.
Astropower

Post by Astropower »

jojoz wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:25 am I like Sherlock Holmes short stories too. They are easy to read
agree with you ;-)
Stamesko

Post by Stamesko »

Astropower wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:48 pm
agree with you ;-)
By the way another important feature that suits any age, I read when I was 25 and now my son also reads at 13 and he is also interested.
When writing text or book it is very important to check it for plagiarism.I already know that you can find plagiarism checker with percentage https://fixgerald.com/ and they help with this difficult case,because often you need to check for plagiarism.