Song Covers... New Versions!

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

Do you agree with covers?

Yes! I do!
25%
Just some of them...
75%
Absolutely NO!
No votes

Total votes: 4

Honey

Song Covers... New Versions!

Post by Honey »

Do you agree with covers? :roll:
Why are they good/bad?
Have you ever heard a cover is better than its original version? Whose is it? :mrgreen:
What song would you like to hear a cover from?
do you agree with the change of genre of a song when singing a cover? (e.g. from Rock to Pop)

And so on. :P
See you! :wink:
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

If the covers are better, why do we object it? Actually, I rarely see covers of famous songs. Each singer has his/her own songs so others may dare not to cover such songs. For example, when we mention "Happy New Year", we also think of ABBA, "Yesterday"-The Beatle, "A new day has come"-Celine Dion etc. It seems these songs are sticked to their name and the listeners don't care about the covers of these songs. They just find the original ones. I also heard the cover of "Happy New Year" but don't remember which band performed it. It is worse. Pity! I agree with covers if they are really better. It is not easy, though.

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...
Honey

Post by Honey »

I've heard a version from A-Teens, but I guess it's not the same you're mentioning. :D

Some people hate covers, since they see it as a lack of respect to songs. I don't see it like that... most of the times, they're a way to let young people know old songs... :roll:
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday