what are you currently listening to?

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello:)
it is me again ... hmmmm... I have to wait a bit before posting here latest (?) Silesian hit about one very strange local soup :roll: . In the meantime one old French song about yellow taxi ( if I can understand the title of the song well)...

Vanessa Paradis Joe le Taxi

See me soon!:)
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello again :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Today some Italy and France... (Ingrid sings in French but she comes from italy)
Haha :)

Ingrid Tut es foutu

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello :)))

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello, hello - new day new song :))))

Today something COMPLETETY different :)))

Status Quo in the army
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello today :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello :)

I wanted to present here some contemporary Asian (Chineese) pop but I only found some very awful pieces of music :(.

The best what I found is music done by south-Korean group Shingwa.

Well... what do you think about it?
I think it is quite OK.
The song about kung-fu fighting. We all know what is kung-fu, don't we? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Shingwa Kung-fu fighting

:)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello again :)

And now something bit different. Just to practise your...imagination...shut your eyes and ... :)

Snow patrol shut your eyes

OKI. Next the best music from around the world soon :)
Specially I hope to find some extraordinary tunes of India ... :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

New day - new song. Straight from India like I wrote yesterday. Well... I found plenty of different India songs on-line. Many videos are colourful, full of cultural elements. The same with melodies and instruments (any or almost any bass guitars I am afraid).

OK. The song I want to put here today is about... hate.
YES - HATE :(. Well... to justify my option I have to write it is THE ONLY video I found that has some words in English at all! What a pity that someone sings about hating Mallika or maybe Mallica hates someone but how can I help it...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And here is a proper link:
Mallica I hate you

OK. I must only add people in this pop video don't look typically Hindu at all! On the other side I would ask them at once to represent Poland during comming Eurovision singing contest. Really!
The song is nice and they could wear nice Indian costumes... unlike hellish masks Lordi wore last year (and hellish tunes of that band)... what do you think about it? Noone could guess they all come from India! Everyone sings in English during Eurovision!

what do you think about my ideas?

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello dear Readers of this sometimes more and sometimes less interesting plot... :)
Well... I have to write that one net friend of mine (from India) sent me some ...Indian musical possibilities to hear but hmmm... I think "Mallica I hate you" is still my number one.
Nethertheless I will present you new options soon :)

But in the meantime I want to write that Nelly Furtado still rocks as deals total amount of records sold lately but... but they say new album of Avril Lavigne will be first everywhere soon. I must write I ...am scared (YES-SCARED) to watch her latest video... but the song sells so well they say... how can it be I am just wondering...? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Well...probably I am getting older and older... and she doesn't get older at all! Maybe it is a point? Who knows?
Avril is still 17 at her latest video... young and fresh... that's why she rocks again? :roll:
Probably that's the only reasonable answer... :roll: :roll: :roll:

In the meantime some Nelly back... :
Timbaland, Timberlake & Furtado Give it right to me

And something COMPLETELY different :)
Always great and calming music of Luis Armstrong. So some lines about "Wonderful world" :)

Luis Armstrong What a wonderful world

To be continued soon :)
LM
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

I'm listening to Way Back Into Love by Hugh Grant and Haley Bennett. Many times I listen to but still not bored... like both song and singer(Hugh Grant) :)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello fans of good music as I can read (or rather hear):)

India music soon and in the meantime... snow patrol once again. The music is good (my opinion), the video is bit strange (US version). I think other versions are better but this version (US) I know from MTV :)

Snow patrol chasing cars

See you and your music soon :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

today...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Today - short :)

I hope you like this song :)

Audrey Hepburn Moon river

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Right now I'm listening to Nelly Furtado- Say It Right ,nice song..
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello .... Say it right ...hmmm great! :) .... I also wanted to put it here but you are first as everyone can see! Sooooo... what can I do - if not to continue my yesterday's choice...

Deep Blue Something Breakfast at Tiffany's

:)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello once again today - do you remember THAT song? :)

I would also like "something got me started"...really... :roll: :roll:

Simply Red something got me started

See you later... :)
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Really last video today (in the series Musical Trips of Lady Macbeth :) ). Well.. today some California landscapes... (any sharks appear in this nice video :) )

Red Hot Chilli Peppers Road Tripping

your turn now... in another case India will rock here soon again !!! :)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

I have been trying time and again to find a very good video where a man one day is in a dump and another is a king or someone but I cannot find it somehow... :(
Well... so I have decided to put here a song with some hindu tunes :). I think it is quite nice song too :)

Anastacia sick and tired

See you later...alliagators ;)

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I'm currently listening to

Post by Vega »

Хворостовский Дмитрий - Журавли (Песни военных лет, Year 2002, Opera)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

well...probably some tunes in the video above are more African than Indian but who knows it for sure ? :roll:

Well... unfortunately I am not able to read Russian letters here:(. But I can guess someone thinks I still put here to little Russian music (earlier I had presented one waltz from Anna Karenina movie)...

So instantly I am putting here Tatu band both in English:

Tatu all the things she said

and Russian version:

Tatu ja szasła suma

I hope everyone is enjoying it now :)

LM

PS. sorry for my language errors here but I am often very tired and don't have too much time to re-read...however, I try hard to avoid mistakes... really :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

And here is another big hit in two versions - black and white :)

Seal crazy

Alanis Morissette crazy

Which version you like better? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Read me soon :)

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello all music fans :)

New day new songs... well... as we all can see music has many faces. Actually sometimes seems to me videos are more important than tune and melody. Fast, jumping cars, beautiful girls, rich and handsome (?!?) guys... but still there are people who create music that cannot be categorised only as a commercial junk :( And we all love them for it !

Well.. Eurovision semi-final is past us. Poland lost again. That was our song for this event. For me - total rubbish :(

The jet set time to party

Well...I would choose "Mallica I hate you" instead - no doubt.

Another problem of mine today (if I can call it a problem) are people who try to change classical music into something more modern. Do they do it because they really think it works or they do it only in order to earn more money?
What is your opinion? :roll:
At this moment I am listening such a video. What do you think about it? :roll: :roll: :roll: Do you like it? :roll:

Techno remix of Vivaldi by Vanessa Mae

Well... and now some more sounds produced by Vangelis. They are about the great event known as discovering America (that in fact had been discovered many thousand years before Columbus). No cars were then - so only ships on this video! :(

Vangelis Conquest of paradise

See you later ...alligators :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

another song for today...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

OKI. And do you all remember that song? :) It is really an old piece of music haha :)

4non blondes What's up?

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

last piece of music for today... :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Today you can also listen to some contemporary Irish music :)

I hope you will like it :)

U2 Elevation

LM :)
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

I have just discovered Maria Mena and I am addicted to her voice and songs. Its my new addiction.

http://mariamenamusic.no/
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi everyone today :)

Maria Mena... hmmm... well, I have seen one her video on MTV but it was some time ago.

Maria Mena you are the only one

I think this video and song are good but I generally I would recommend her not to sing so many songs about love. Why? I think she hasn't got a voice good enough to sing about love. Don't know why but somehow it seems to me that songs about love are popular mostly when performers have really, really good voices (except of good melody).

Hmmm... so she looks well, she is young enough (born in 1986). Perhaps she should sound more optimistic and change lyrics a bit. That's all. Of course probably then she wouldn't be herself but... hmmm... some people will make a devil an angel to earn some more money or gain some fame... all in all good luck! :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

and here is a proof for my ideas above:

Celine Dion because you loved me

A nice day :)

LM
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: ps.

Post by Butler »

LadyMacbeth wrote:and here is a proof for my ideas above:

Celine Dion because you loved me

A nice day :)

LM

I was about to ask you for an example of someone who has a good enough voice to sing about love, then I saw this post. Celine Dion has a voice like a dentists drill. She "oversings" every song, so much like Anastasia, Whitney, Mariah and so on. What I like about singers like Maria Mena, Beth Orton, Kate Bush, Natalie Merchant, Julia Fordham, Katie Melua and so on is that they are about their songs and not all about ther "status". How much would you have to pay to see Celine in concert? You can be sure you are paying way over the top compared to what you would be asked to pay to see for example, Maria Mena.
Music should be about sings.. not singers.... of course I know it isnt like this.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

well....

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Well, well, welll dear Butler. You are aggresive like an attacking shark or alligator or whom! :roll: Maybe you are right (to some level) but it is your opinion and what is opinion of shops selling music? Would you rather sell Natalie Merchant or Julia Fordham than Celine Dion or Mariah Carey? :roll:

Well... if you had a shop with bit less popular artists... as deals Katie Melua the most I like her "bicycle song". Really. It is very tuneful and charming. Even a video is similar to Maria's Mena. I am even starting to wonder who was first? :roll: :roll:

Don't think I want to offend your musical taste. No. I think it is first class but we must all remember business is business... and is better weight what pays and what not before you will lose everything :(

Probably that's why "Loose" rocks :)

Hahaaaaaaaaaa :)

LM

And now:
Kaoma Lambada

Do you remember this hit?

See you soon :)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

a duel! :))

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Attention!!! Attention!!!

An on-line duel now - Celine Dion versus Maria Mena

Who sings better?
First Celine:
Celine Dion a new day has come

Then Maria:
Maria Mena just hold me

Apart from videos think - how would sound Mena's song performed by Celine Dion... :roll:

Haha - and now something for all who realy love music (they must because they can be definitely discouraged by this little bit crazy Silesian traditional song about... one Silesian soup called "wodzionka" = watery soup.... :roll: :roll:

Wodzionka song

The guys sing about how the watery soup tastes and how to prepare it... hahaha:)

LM
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: well....

Post by Butler »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Well, well, well dear Butler. You are aggresive like an attacking shark or alligator or whom! :roll: Maybe you are right (to some level) but it is your opinion and what is opinion of shops selling music? Would you rather sell Natalie Merchant or Julia Fordham than Celine Dion or Mariah Carey? :roll:

Im sorry if you think I was being agressive, I am not that type of person, i just despise these "celeb" singers. Of course its just my opinion, I feel very strongly about music so if you felt offended I am sorry.
As for selling music, it would be a disaster for me to have a music shop,I would be out of business so fast as I woudnt have the heart to sell rubbish to people

Well... if you had a shop with bit less popular artists... as deals Katie Melua the most I like her "bicycle song". Really. It is very tuneful and charming. Even a video is similar to Maria's Mena. I am even starting to wonder who was first? :roll: :roll:

Don't think I want to offend your musical taste. No. I think it is first class but we must all remember business is business... and is better weight what pays and what not before you will lose everything :(

Not for me..I am a fan of music, if any artist makes money or not is of no concern to me, I want the music, its life football, most fans dont care about bank balances, we want trophies.

Probably that's why "Loose" rocks :)

Hahaaaaaaaaaa :)

LM

And now:
Kaoma Lambada

Do you remember this hit?

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello:)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello Butler and everyone else:)

Well.. I don't have any shop with music now and I am not planning to set up anything like that. Probably I would also go bankrupt soon cause I would sell folk music the best. And it is not so popular today... but isn't folk great?

To soothe bit "hot" situation here I would like to put benath some "high" Silesian folk (of course "Wodzionka" song is bit stupid but we also have many other tuneful and great melodies) - so the melody below comes from Sielsian mountains - Beskidy. It is very dramatic and difficult music but I like it very much :)

Silesian "high" folk

Of course the music in the video is also bit "modernized" but it sounds really interesting, I think.

So some Silesia again... :)
I hope you will like it and soon I will send you more of it :)

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello hello today :)

Hmmm... Eurovision 2007 is over. Serbia won. My conclusions - well... they had song bit similar to Polish in year 1992. That year Poland won the higest place in Eurovision contest - second place. It was our debut and we were second then with our song. Polish singer was sent there who was able to sing and she sang in Polish. Since that - any successes :(

Well... everyone in Poland says that Eurovision contest is very political, that Balcans support one another and noone likes Poland but I think our song was a total rubbish :(. Really :(.

If we had there a song from 1992 back, it would take high place back (my opinion). Cause the song was good and the singer sang well.

Well... my idea is to send there next year something like the song beneath. It is Polish moutaineous folk in contemporary version.
The band that performs it was a huge success here some years ago but isn't alive any longer or a least they are not as visible as they used to be (main performer delivered a child, married and qurreled with the rest of the band as far as I know)). They are called Brathanki. The song is about love - I mean the girl sings that she can give to her lovely boyfriend everything but sex that she can give after wedding.
I think the song is very tuneful and funny.

How do you think? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brathanki siebie dam po slubie

Do you like the song?

Soon -more :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

That piece of Brathanki (The Brothers) music isn't the worst too!

Brathanki W kinie w Lublinie

The song above is about a girl who wants to be loved by her boyfriend especially in the cinema in Lublin!
I think it is a very funny song! :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Well... some additions more.
1. as deals the title of the song above - Lublin is Polish city in the east.
2. here is a winner of Eurovision 2007:
Molitva - Serafovic
3. Here is number two - Ukrainian song (for me the best only lyrics very stupid)
Verka Serdyuchka - Dancing
4. and here is Polish number 2 from 1994 (long and very long ago)
Górniak To nie ja
The singer sings that she isn't blame of Adam and Eve first sin.

Well... besides this year Russia was third (as I remember) and Ireland ...last (what a shame!).
They played folk but this folk was so strange that I was stunned in front of TV...

PS. Here is a table with final results:

Eurovision 2007 final results
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

WHAT ???? Ireland finished with only 5 points? WOW.. how bad was our song?? I didnt get to hear any songs though the whole Eurovision has lost all credibility lately. We used to always try to win.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello Butler and everyone else... well, hmmm... maybe in fact Irish song wasn't as bad as the results show but Irish performer should have sung better! Really!
In the video below the song has melody but yesterday it seemed to me the song had neither melody nor lyrics.
I don't know :roll: This song really sounded...strange.
Besides I expected the band would acclerate at the end of the song - you know - many folk songs are firstly slow and then faster and faster. But no. The same slow rhythm till the very end. For me it sounded really strange and the performer's voice is rather average. ...:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dervish "They Can't Stop The Spring"

Of course I know Irish songs used to win - I remember once Ireland won two times running or something like that! Let's hope next year will be better both for Poland and Ireland :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

last ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hmmm... after some thought more I have come to conclusion that in case of Ireland the performer caused a diseaster. Really. Musicians played faster and sounded more cheerful at the end but she didn't :roll:
Maybe that was a reason why they ended up at last stage? :roll:

Your ideas? :roll: I am curious :roll: :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

last, really last...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

some corrections of my TRAGIC mistakes in the post above :
Instead of they ended up at last stage should be rather they ended up on last place

Sorry for numerous mistakes :oops:

LM
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: hello :)

Post by Butler »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hello Butler and everyone else... well, hmmm... maybe in fact Irish song wasn't as bad as the results show but Irish performer should have sung better! Really!
In the video below the song has melody but yesterday it seemed to me the song had neither melody nor lyrics.
I don't know :roll: This song really sounded...strange.
Besides I expected the band would acclerate at the end of the song - you know - many folk songs are firstly slow and then faster and faster. But no. The same slow rhythm till the very end. For me it sounded really strange and the performer's voice is rather average. ...:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dervish "They Can't Stop The Spring"

Of course I know Irish songs used to win - I remember once Ireland won two times running or something like that! Let's hope next year will be better both for Poland and Ireland :)

LM

We won it 3 times in a row.. and it was a problem as hosting the Eurovision is very expensive. We didnt want to keep winning it.
As for next year..well I didnt see where Poland finished but we will not be in next years as we didnt finish high enough to qualify. I am not really bothered anyway. :P
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ups...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello everyone here :)

This time I have only one important thing to write three times IN ROW (!!!) ... REALLY! :oops: :oops: :oops:

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

last ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

And last PS. at last - here is Great Britain during Eurovision 2007. I think Brits are very practical and decided to choose a commercial of airlines all over the world as their emblem. What is particularly interesting they don't forget about their darest cousins called US even during Eurovision Song Contest and take some of their habits (like flying the flags ) as their own... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Probably thus they have lost their double game this year... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Great Britain Eurovision 2007

Many happy days to everyone though! :)
LM
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: ups...

Post by Butler »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hello everyone here :)

This time I have only one important thing to write three times IN ROW (!!!) ... REALLY! :oops: :oops: :oops:

LM

Actually we won it 4 times in 5 years and 7 times in total, highest number of wins.

1992 Why Me? Linda Martin Ireland

1993 In Your Eyes Niamh Kavanagh Ireland

1994 Rock 'N' Roll Kids Paul Harrington & Charlie McGettigan Ireland

1996 The Voice Eimear Quinn Ireland
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello today :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi on Monday :)
1. Well... I will try to make some more analysis of Eurovision contests soon. Though I don't know what for :roll: Some of them are really hopeless. How many times Spain won?
That's Spanish song this year:
Nash - I Love You Mi Vida

2. In my post above I wrote darest cousins instead of dearest cousins - another typing error of mine :(

3. And here is a song for today:

Tanita Tikaram -Twist In My Sobriety

Interesting - which place would win Tanita during Eurovision? Probably she would lose. Too sad, too slow and her voice isn't to skilled too. But some years ago she sold quite a big amount of records as I far as remember...and truly speaking that matters :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nice day :)
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Very hot afternoon in Poland... hmmm... I have just come to conclusion that Brits should have sent to Eurovision ....Britney Spears. Her commercial of British Airlines was better after all.

Britney Spears Toxic

Well... besides I have just heard that Germans say the song that has been chosen for Eurovision 2007 should not be called music at all!
Well... you can judge it on your own :roll:

German song for Eurovision 2007

And do you know the winner of this year Eurovision contest speaks English fluently?
Well... when you want to be next year winners -start practising your English now! :)

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

This was quite popular here last year.

Серега- Мел судьбы

Серега is a cool guy. :)

And these guys are Братья Гримм (Bratya Grimm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zhllSOTsvo
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

This is one of my favorite song. She's awesome. :D

Gorod 312- Ostanus
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Wow - how many new songs here :)
Great! :) Next please :)

I am putting Elvis Presley today :

Elvis Presley A Little less conversation extended remix

LM
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

Bryan Adams :arrow: Right here waiting
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

This is probably one of the best song of HI-FI, released in 1999. They sing in russian, lyrics is very meaningful. I like them.

Hi-Fi - Ne Dano
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello, hello :)

I can see some more songs today here.
Really great! Fantastic!!! :)
More songs, please... :)

Today I wonder who can sing better - Brits or Americans? Thus I chose two videos to compare :)

Please give your options - Spice Girl or Eminem?

Spice girls 2 become 1

versus:
Eminem lose yourself

It was a time (some time ago) when I was really sure Eminem came from Russia! I don't know why :(
Of course it is a nonsense ... :)
LM