what are you currently listening to?

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: what are you currently listening to?

Post by LadyMacbeth »

ps. Here I am once again today - look what I have found. Latest Lady Gaga.
They say THRILLER 2009. What do you think? :roll:

Lady Gaga Bad Romance

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello today...

still noone but me here. Well... maybe it means something. Something good or something bad. Today in Poland rather lazy day. Cloudy and rainy. People are bit sleepy after yesterday, I think. National Day in some countries is always a kind of day to think more... or to drink more...

Well... thus today I want to put some songs about Polish capital that is Warsaw.
Yes - why Emipre State of Mind in New York only. Why? - someone can ask. Yes indeed - why?

Lets go to Warsaw this time. I think every capital city has its songs. How do you like songs about Polish capital? Let me know.

1. Something older, views around year 1944 - "Song about my Warsaw" sung by Polish singer Mieczysław Fogg (dead today).

Piosenka o mojej Warszawie

2. Next song is sung by Polish contemporary pop band T-LOVE and it is called WARSAW . It describes how modern Warsaw looks like. I like this song very much. It is the best song about Warsaw I know- full of drunkards, full of bad words, dirt everywhere, troubles, many cars, depression...well... some historical additions about Hitler and Stalin... but it is a spring - T Love sings -and some love after all can be felt... sometimes nature is beautiful here and there ...well ... also the singer loves this city after all. The video is a bit stupid but the song is OK I think.

T Love Warszawa

3. Next song about Warsaw is similar to the one above - a very noisy, dirty city. The singer (or whom) came there to make his career but he misses his girlfriend who is far from him. So he loves and hates Warsaw at the same time. But he wants to stay there to go on with his career (as I understand).

Lady Pank Stacja Warszawa

4. Last song about Warsaw that I am putting here today is sung by famous Polish singer from Bialorus - Czesław Niemen. It is called "A dream about Warsaw" and shows Warsaw as the most beautiful dream of his. Well... :roll:

Czesław Niemen Sen o Warszawie

Ok. And what to do when someone isn't from Warsaw or isn't from any big city?
Well...I have something for such people. Polish singer Grzegorz Ciechowski died too
soon but he was doing things that I like very much - folk music in modern version.
These days noone in Poland sings such things. Pity. Beneath his best hit as deals modern
folk - a song about hens who are singing cause no cock nearby. All Poland was singing that song 10 years ago. Though it is very little to sing there cause all lyrics are 1 sentence repetaed and repated and repeated all time.
The video is very OK I think. Typical eastern Polish countryside. No changes till today.
English title of the song "The singing hens" - how do you like the song about Polish singing hens? I hope I didn't put it here earlier...

[url=p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7_4gcjwbhk]Grzegorz z Ciechowa Piejo kury piejo[/url]

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello today...

Ups ... I can see some problems with opening attachments I put here yesterday.
Well... I am going to repair 2 faults. Will I succeed? If not you should open
youtube.com program, put the singers and songs into proper place on the screen
(main bar) , press a button "SEARCH" and you will find something - no doubts.

Here is my attempt nr 2 to present:

1. Czesław Niemen from Bialorus and his dream about Warsaw "Sen o Warszawie"
2. Grzegorz z Ciechowa who died too early and his hit- "Piejo kury piejo"

I hope this time I will be more successfull than yesterday...if not - hmmm...
cope on your own :(

1.Czesław Niemen Sen o Warszawie

2.Grzegorz z Ciechowa Piejo kury piejo

OK. In the meantime something in the travelling mood. Why not? "Meet me halfway"... some New York, some Warsaw, some Polish countryside. So lets travel a bit. I have 2 songs for keen travellers today. First is "Journey" by Dolores O'Riordan, second is Will.I.am's "Travelling song". Do you like songs about travelling? I hope you will open both links without problems.

1. Dolores O'Riordan the journey

2. Will.I.am the travelling song

Soon more songs again...

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello - today 3 next songs... U2 from Ireland and...

1. Their "Beautiful day" to give a welcome to the next beautiful day

U2 - Beautiful Day

2. Next song for today will be U2 about ...searching and...finding ( or rather not finding). Well... interesting what can they look for? How do you think?

U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

3. Finally last song for today - as I presume - will be U2 for the third time and their
"flying" song- Elevation. How do you like the video? It is a good WAKE-UP song I think.

U2 elevation

That's all more or less for today. Next songs will be Polish - probably. Or not Polish at all. I don't know. I will live I will see.

Have many happy moments in you life...
LM

Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

listening to Paul Mauriat (1925-2006) - a french composer, arranger and conductor.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello Xkalibur and everyone who loves music...

Some time passed away again and some new songs apperead in the meantime. Not only here :) Today my entry will be rather short and I am putting latest Norah Jones here. A
very good answer for all French and bluesky landscapes -Norah Jones with Hindu roots.
Well... maybe she doesn't sing like an opera singer but much better than techno-machine-like-INNA and who else? My opinion of course.

Soon more latest and older songs from me again :)

Norah Jones Chasing pirates

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello today again...

Here I am for a moment to discuss(?) about musical career (whatever it is) and put some new pieces of music ...learning English by the way (or rather just still using English in my case I hope).

So writing about musical career and what is a musical career/different musical careers - I want to start with French composer Paul Mauriat (mentioned earlier by Xkalibur) and fruits of his musical career like his composition "Love is blue".
Is love blue by the way - I don't know - I would rather say love is red but who knows? Anyway some Paul Mauriat and his music (why not?)

Paul Mauriat Love is blue

Did he make any musical career? Someone can still hesitate - hmmm...I never heard about this guy... what music was he making...? but reading more about him...yes, he isnot very famous at first sight indeed but he sold a lot of records with his music during his lifetime so I think he was a successful musician. No doubts. We can say he made a career.

Now Norah Jones mentioned earlier by me. In case of Norah Jones we have quite less doubts. She is world famous, everyone knows she sells many, many records with her songs. She also have a lot of awards. And this isnot any mystery at all. The same about her personal life or rather about her early life cause she is still rather a young person. Do we need to know it, by the way? Well... some facts are important - for example what family are you from. So we know such things about Norah Jones and something about her education - a musical education, musical family background. Do you like her music? Her voice? Her? It is up to you.

about Norah Jones

Why am I writing about Norah Jones? Cause she is famous and she made and a musical career - no doubts. But what to think about a singer who is presented by Xkalibur a bit earlier - INNA. Who is Inna? Will she make a world career? Have she made SOME career? What can we know about her? What is her voice? Does she like music at all? How do you think? What can be her future? A great career or what career?

Some music of INNA:

INNA Hot

And something more about INNA:

about Inna

Well... maybe you will write to me some your conclusions. My conclusions after reading about INNA are - she will be a profesor one day - or rather she WANTS to be a profesor one day but what will be her branch? I have very few ideas, really. A profesor of music?
Will she make a world career? Will she sell millions of copies of her albums around the world? How do you think? I would specially like to know Xkalibur's opinion.

And now last but not least - leaving all discussions apart - latest Beyonce and Lady Gaga in their - "videophone" song.
Maybe that's the hit Xkalibur and his friends have been really waiting for... :roll:
How do you think? :roll:

Beyonce feat. Lady Gaga Videophone

Soon more from me...

LM
iilovepsycho

Post by iilovepsycho »

You and I by Bom Park who is South Korean. That's fantastic. In addition, Please don't go by CL and Minzy who also are South Korean, and they - Bom Park, CL, and Minzy - all belong to 2NE1 that is the best singer group in South Korea. The other member of 2NE1 is Sandara Park.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth wrote:
So writing about musical career and what is a musical career/different musical careers - I want to start with French composer Paul Mauriat (mentioned earlier by Xkalibur) and fruits of his musical career like his composition "Love is blue".
Is love blue by the way - I don't know - I would rather say love is red but who knows? Anyway some Paul Mauriat and his music (why not?)

Paul Mauriat Love is blue

Did he make any musical career? Someone can still hesitate - hmmm...I never heard about this guy... what music was he making...? but reading more about him...yes, he isnot very famous at first sight indeed but he sold a lot of records with his music during his lifetime so I think he was a successful musician. No doubts. We can say he made a career.
He was born in Marseilles in musicians family, he began playing piano when he was 4 years old. Later he studied at the Paris conservatory. He became famous by his music arrangements for Charles Aznavour. By the 60's he were already famous in France.
Apart from that, I like his music, I recently downloaded his album.
LadyMacbeth wrote: Some music of INNA:

INNA Hot

And something more about INNA:

about Inna

Well... maybe you will write to me some your conclusions. My conclusions after reading about INNA are - she will be a profesor one day - or rather she WANTS to be a profesor one day but what will be her branch? I have very few ideas, really. A profesor of music?
Will she make a world career? Will she sell millions of copies of her albums around the world? How do you think? I would specially like to know Xkalibur's opinion.

Maybe that's the hit Xkalibur and his friends have been really waiting for... :roll:
How do you think? :roll:
I was going to post this song here today :-) Well, what can I tell you about her? She's quite beautiful, I think I would marry her :lol: ...I can often see her clips running on Viva Polsca channel. I used to watch some other channels too, but they'd been expired, so currently I watch music on Viva Polsca. :-)
Today I saw another good song from Pink on this channel:

Pink - Funhouse
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello everyone in this thread... specially Xkalibur :)

X... you seem to be rather nervous in your last post. Why? About my LATEST MUSIC? Well... I realise I have probably become too modern lately in this thread. But you know - the only TV I have at home these days is...MTV (plus Viva). Thus I am so pop probably.
Though I am not sure if it is the only reason...
By the way - is it possible to listen to contemporary Mozart? I mean to put up with modern classical music?
Mostly these compositions are so complicated and so difficult that I can really HARDLY find some tunes inside them. And you? :roll:
It is not about art and soul - I mean it is not the picture of my soul, of anyone's soul. Even so called classical music is just money for many composers these days.
Maybe thus - I think - the best music these days is ... movie music.
You know - music composed to illustrate the movie.
Have you thought about it? For example this guy - Paul Mauriat and his LOVE IS BLUE.
Ocean can be blue to me or heaven can be blue but love?
I don't like "classical" music in this style too much. But you know what is surely blue to me? Rhapsody in blue - by George Gershwin. And that's what I am recommending to listen to you :)

As deals VIVA POLSCA hahaha - it is copied from German Tv and I prefer German version cause they are better. They have many German songs there and these songs are Ok.
What Polish have you got on VIVA POLSCA, hm? Polish presenters. But they are so ...I don't know. Stupid? Boring? They don't care. They don't have their style. They talk about everything and nothing. About nothing cause you cannot talk about everything.
It is a tragedy. Do they really have to spoil original version? Besides why noone cares? They make bad fame for real Viva TV. I always wonder why these western guys do sell these all TV things here and there?
Just to earn more. The result? Does anyone apart from Germans care about German language or songs? I don't think so. It is just another proof to me not everything can be bought in this world. But... you know lets leave sleeping lion lie.

Ok. So you like Inna very much and you would like to marry her. What can I say? Many happy kids or what? Many happy free downloading Paul Mauriat's albums?
OK. So I am not going to disturb you with Rihanna's Russian Roulette today.

Maybe some men instead this time?

First Robbie Williams and his song YOU KNOW ME. Do we really know him? I don't know. I didn't know for example Robbie Williams would like to be a rabbit or whom. Do we know him? I really doubt.

Robbie Williams You know me...

Another song from me here today is latest Mando Diao and their "You got nothing on me". I wish all the best to MANDO DIAO - mostly 60'ties style band (or how to call it).

Mando Diao you got nothing on me

I must confess I worry about future of Mando Diao. Their last songs are mostly shouting and they should be more about singing. Watch the video above - hard to say where is a real video to this song? Who ate it - we can ask ;( However I hope still many younger and older people around the world will find some spirit in Mando Diao music to buy some more music of theirs.

OK. That's all for today.
LM

PS. I hope that one day I won't put here some cat-singing at last because I will find it the most interesting music at all. :roll:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hello everyone in this thread... specially Xkalibur :)

X... you seem to be rather nervous in your last post. Why? About my LATEST MUSIC? Well... I realise I have probably become too modern lately in this thread. But you know - the only TV I have at home these days is...MTV (plus Viva). Thus I am so pop probably.
Though I am not sure if it is the only reason...
I was't nervous at all :-) ..a little surprised.
LadyMacbeth wrote:Maybe thus - I think - the best music these days is ... movie music.
You know - music composed to illustrate the movie.
Have you thought about it? For example this guy - Paul Mauriat and his LOVE IS BLUE.
Ocean can be blue to me or heaven can be blue but love?
Why not love can be blue? Gay love is an example...Blue heaven? :roll: Is that comes to your mind because souls of deads goes to the sky which is blue?

LadyMacbeth wrote:OK. So I am not going to disturb you with Rihanna's Russian Roulette today.
It's a gloomy clip. Reminds me a little of SAW movie. :-D

All right, I talked too much today which is not inherent to me. Here's a song:

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everyone else....
I was't nervous at all ..a little surprised.
Hmmm... good to know. I was sure you were nervous a bit.
Why not love can be blue? Gay love is an example...Blue heaven? Is that comes to your mind because souls of deads goes to the sky which is blue?

Well... where souls of the dead ones go is up to your faith and we cannot talk here about faith (religion). Blue love? Yes - gay love can be blue. Why not? you are right.
And lesbian love also can be blue. But with or without children is their love blue, hm? Answer if you can. :roll:
It's a gloomy clip. Reminds me a little of SAW movie

Yes. I agree. Why?

Next - I know very little about Steppenwolf what I regret naturally but... well... maybe soon I will have more will to know more... hmmm...

Anyway , now I would like to put something around the topic of blue heaven and blue love. Something musical of course.
Two songs today to wonder a little bit about passing time and who is a real artist?

1. latest Mariah Carey
Mariah Carey I want to know what love is

2. Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson This is it

PS1. By the way - has anyone seen "THIS IS IT" movie yet? Did you like it?
PS2. What do you think about latest Mariah C.? Do you like her?

Soon next songs from me...

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everone else...

Wow - I have not listened to Breaking Benjamin yet. I know very little about this band.
To be truthful - nothing. But I think they are only few valuable pieces of music these days so I decided to rest a bit and focus on my inside voice - on the voice of my soul (if I still have any soul) :roll:

My song for today is latest Nelly Furtado. Don't know why- Somehow.

Nelly Furtado Mas

What more can I say? I am going to write more poems soon. Or rather do some CREATIVE WRITING about big problems of our world to solve.
Find me rather on creative writing . I want to write about :
1. a really good A bomb
2. really good western people
3. homelessness
4. diseases
5. death
6. ideal state
etc. etc.

Such things. Philosophical.

In the meantime I hope to hear some new good music again.
A kind of boring musical break has come these days, don't you think?
Any big hits. Breaking Benjamin also gives me only few hope to change it...
I like Mando Diao better but the last lately have been singing really horrible :(

Lets hope some new sunrise will come soon. Some brand new day... or how to call it.

LM

PS. Do you write poems Xkalibur? Are you a poet or a great thinker sometimes? :roll:

LM
bomb

Post by bomb »

soooo many great artist

i like greenday /good charlotte/mcfly/fall out boy(infinity on High is my favorate!)

my favorate rock band is simple plan!!!

some pop songs singer

lady gaga(sooooo cool!!) lisa shaw(grown apart!!!!).........too many!!
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Wow - I have not listened to Breaking Benjamin yet. I know very little about this band.
I also untill my old best friend gave me a bunch of mp3's. He's a music geek....There is also an acoustic version of "The diary of Jane" song, currently I use it as ringtone for my cellph. And what music you set as a ringtone?
LadyMacbeth wrote:What more can I say? I am going to write more poems soon. Or rather do some CREATIVE WRITING about big problems of our world to solve.
It is good thing when you able to express feelings through poems. I was writing them too and even posting on Creative writings forum a long time ago.
LadyMacbeth wrote: or a great thinker sometimes? :roll:
Yeah I'm great thinker. But nowadays I'm steering more to businees than eternal issues. I've found the way of making money by investing. :-) ...Soon you'll see me driving a fancy car. :lol:

About poems. Here's a little poem of mine:

*a starlit night*

How lonely on a starlit night,
I shiver, forgotten in a world chasm,
And stars in a misterious light,
Are rushing past, to eternity on a curve..

And some music, better jazz: Dinah Washington - Call Me Irresponsible
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello Xkalibur and everyone who cares...
There is also an acoustic version of "The diary of Jane" song, currently I use it as ringtone for my cellph. And what music you set as a ringtone?

Haha - it is a bit funny but in my cell phones I have ... traditional music as alarm clock music. I don't know if these are kind of cobra-dance sounds or Arabic sounds but something like that. Any western hits - I would go mad at the morning. As deals ring tones - traditional ring tone, too. Any hit again. Just ringing. I am boring, amInot? I have to do something with it, I know :roll:
It is good thing when you able to express feelings through poems. I was writing them too and even posting on Creative writings forum a long time ago.

I am asking cause I have noticed you on this board so I thought you probably must write something creative, too. Good luck! Are you going to publish your writings somewhere or these are just your thoughts to collect them in some more peaceful moments of your life? :roll:
Yeah I'm great thinker. But nowadays I'm steering more to businees than eternal issues. I've found the way of making money by investing. ...Soon you'll see me driving a fancy car. About poems. Here's a little poem of mine:
Your poem is very nice. It is very poetical poem. My creative writing is just to collect some thoughts. It is a good start to make real poems from those texts. Kind of poems I produce but these texts are kind of ... useful texts more than real poems. I don't know.
I don't need these all HIGH words when I want to say this or that. You know... starlit... chasm...but I know this is poetry.

Last but not least - thanks for your interesting musical attachment. A musical picture to your text. My musical attachment today will be a bit ...faster. It is an old hit. A real western hit I would like to hear again these days. A nice song - fast and witty.
Do you like it? A story about marrying a prince and how an ideal prince should look like.
Performed by SPIN DOCTORS.
Why this song? Well... I know my poems are far from love. They are more about terrorists and IIIWW so I am choosing GO AHEAD NOW song to feel a bit better or what.
Anyway it is a real western hit and that rocks!

SPIN DOCTORS Go ahead now

PS1. Are you an ideal guy to marry you? How do you think? Just theoretical.
PS2. Do you listen to jazz at all?

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMachbeth wrote:I am asking cause I have noticed you on this board so I thought you probably must write something creative, too. Good luck! Are you going to publish your writings somewhere or these are just your thoughts to collect them in some more peaceful moments of your life?
I used to write and post poems for first time when I joined this website. Soon I realised that I looked stupid writing them because I wasn't fluent in English enough. So I decided to postpone this little hobby for better times. But sometimes I do write down little sketches of a poem when something especial come to my mind.
LadyMachbeth wrote:My creative writing is just to collect some thoughts. It is a good start to make real poems from those texts. Kind of poems I produce but these texts are kind of ... useful texts more than real poems. I don't know.
Yes, I think so. You should try yourself. A long road begins with one step. :)

LadyMachbeth wrote:PS1. Are you an ideal guy to marry you? How do you think? Just theoretical.
PS2. Do you listen to jazz at all?
PS 1: The only real people are the people who never existed
PS 2: Yes, I listen to it...sometimes.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everyone else who cares!

Look how many viewers we have here. We should get some virtual prizes here, shouldn't we? All people who contributed something to this thread.

Well... it is very nice to have so many viewers and imagine they all pay us... such things.
I used to write and post poems for first time when I joined this website. Soon I realised that I looked stupid writing them because I wasn't fluent in English enough. So I decided to postpone this little hobby for better times. But sometimes I do write down little sketches of a poem when something especial come to my mind.
Oh I think it is very useful to write poems to improve English only you should have some words you HAVE TO USE. You know - you should have some OBLIGATORY words to use or be given a subject to write down some your thoughts about. Otherwise it makes much...less sense. My opinion. When younger teacher I had some fun with my pupils to write and read their haiku but it was too difficult. Today I would give them some words (one category) and I would ask them to write a funny or sad poem using these words.
Do you want to try my idea? Let me know.
PS 1: The only real people are the people who never existed
PS 2: Yes, I listen to it...sometimes.

Well... mostly you are right but what - do you exist or you don't exist Xkalibur. You have to decide. Some people say we don't exist. Are you one of them?

Sad you didn't attach any musical hit. Maybe you can attach any real last musical hit from Phillipines? In Poland we have no hits these days. Many TV stars and no real musical hits (no real TV star too). It is very sad for real music lovers like me.

Well... I think jazz isn't what I like the most. It is not my history, I know very little about jazz. I think white people performing jazz are bit funny. Don't know why.
Everyone will prefer Afro-American jazzmen. They are real jazzmen. Thus I avoid jazz.
It is not my cup of tea - whatever it means. I mean - it is not that I don't like jazz but generally it is not my cup of tea. That's all.

Ok. And to finish my post I want to put here another real US musical hit - a song to a TV series "FRIENDS". Billboard hits list number 1 for 18 weeks! So another real hit song.

The Rembrants I will be there for you

Soon next entries of mine and I am waiting for other entries! Thanks for your entry bomb!

LM.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Sad you didn't attach any musical hit. Maybe you can attach any real last musical hit from Phillipines? In Poland we have no hits these days. Many TV stars and no real musical hits (no real TV star too). It is very sad for real music lovers like me.
Sorry, I forgot. :-)

Unfortunately, I am unaware of Philipines music, dear LM.

Audio Bully - Shot you down
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello Xkalibur... and everyone else who cares... :)

Sorry for my failure. I think it must be englishhelps who is from Philippines here. I miss poeple sometimes :(. I took your nickname for englishhelps nickname... probably. Sorry!

By the way - where are you from Xkalibur?

I can see your music. Some movie music. Well ...very interesting. Do you like James Bond movies?

My hits for today are:

1. some jazz - Jamie Cullum during North Jazz Festival sings Rihanna's "Please, dont stop the music"

Jamie Collum please don't stop the music

2. Latest SNOW PATROL with their "Just say yes" - snowy song before Christmas;)

SNOW PATROL Just say yes

3. Kesha and her TIK TOK - kind of older Miley Cirus who sings "Party in the US"? :roll:
Will Kesha rock the city at last, how do you think? :roll:

Kesha TIK TOK

LM

PS1. Which song do you like the most and why?
PS2. Well...no Polish latest hits cause they do not exist. A bit pity specially when Christmas time is comming and Polish singers could sing something to make some charity or to let everybody know - here we are - your stars :) . Why not? :roll: But hmmm... somehow it is my honest wish and nothing more... I am afraid...

why?

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello to everyone today :)

I am comming to say MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year 2010 to everyone in this thread and others. And here is musical Christmas gift from me:

Destiny's Child - Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

Soon more music from me.

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hello Lady M.

Merry X-mass and New Year!

All I want For X-mass Is You

See you in the New year. :-)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everyone else still in the year 2009 :)

Well...Christmas 2009 is almost over. To point this fact I want to put here a solemn English choir Christmas song - ADESTE FIDELES - what can be translated as "COME ALL PEOPLE TO BETHEJEM" (to see the child that has been born there to make you free one day)

In Latin the title of this English Christmas song is ADESTE FIDELES.

It is very popular Christmas theme all over the world I think and only few people are aware that no French, no Austrian, no German, no Italian but the most probably British composer wrote it in XVIII century. Do you like this music?
The song is performed all over the world.

I want to put 3 versions of this a bit older song.

1. performed by my native Music nad Dance Band "Silesia" in their home seat here where I live

Music and Dance Band "Silesia" ADESTE FIDELES
2. performed by Irish Enya during one TV Christmas show

Enya ADESTE FIDELES
3. performed by Pavarotti, Careras and Domingo - 3 the most famous opera singers.

Pavarotti, Careras, Domingo ADESTE FIDELES
Which version do you like the most? :roll:

Soon some different music... or similar? I don't know... :roll:
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

ps. in my post above I wrote about MUSIC AND DANCE band "SILESIA" when in fact it is SONG AND DANCE band "SILESIA". So I want to correct my error and here Polish version of German world famous Christmas song.

SONG and dance Band SILESIA Stille Nacht Heilige Nacht in Polish version

Which Christmas song do you like better- German or British? :roll:

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi again ... after Christmas but before New Year's Eve so still in Christmas mood...

this time listen to one of the most beautiful traditional Polish Christmas songs performed by three tenors. They are singing in Polish and Italian.
What a nice finding to me these days!

The three tenors dormi, o bambino

Ok. Soon Vienna's New Year concert before us and later... later I am going to come back with some more modern music though I have to say I prefer classical music most. Probably it is from old days when I was learning to play the music.

or I don't know why... :roll:

LM
bomb

Post by bomb »

lady gaga-boys boys boys/dANCE IN the dark...

i love her new album soooo much

kesha-tik tok

:!:
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello today on first day of New Year 2010.

A lot of good musical pieces, a lot of people who come to take part in this thread, a lot of health, joy and many achievements in this comming year!

wishes for everyone,
LM

And here is a musical New Year's gift from me to you:

Abba Happy New Year

Soon next songs...

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello today :)

It is the third day of new year 2010. Well... what new today from me?

Well...Something old and something more modern. Why not?

So lets start with a great piece of the guitar playing skills - maybe in New Year 2010 someone will start to learn how to play the guitar or other musical instrument?
Why not?
G. Bizet Habanera performed by James Edwards

Second piece of music is also very Spanish and it is Julio Iglesias from Spain.

Julio Iglesias&Willy Nelson To all the girls

Third piece of music from me today is a little bit less about different playing skills and also far from singing about love. It is a song about freedom. We all need freedom so much. So lets sing about it at least at the beginning of the 2010 as far as it is still not forbiden for us...feel free here as you are able to do it. :roll:

Lighthouse family free

Soon more songs again...

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hello everybody,

Very beautiful song:

Demis Roussos - Say You Love Me
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi today...

Some new songs from me. Lighthouse family once again... :roll:

Lighthouse Family - Forever you and me

Next Some&any in rather technological song Last man standing. I hope I didn't put this song here before.

Some&any Last man standing

Thanks for encouraging Demis Roussos but for example Lady Macbeth is rather more technological and historical and mathematical than about singing and dancing.
Singing and playing music - yes but singing and dancing no. I think dance is dance.
And I am not much about singing and dancing. I am about singing or dancing. Cause
you need to have a good voice to sing. Thus you cannot sing and dance at the same time.
Some people can. But they don't sing any breath-taking songs as it seems to me. :roll:

So to sum up - as someone about music I am the more about playing the music and singing than about singing and dancing.
?

LM

Soon next songs from me... or next music to listen to...

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello hello again here...

Why nobody here? Today I have been watching my favourite music TV and I realised WITH SOME FEAR that numer 1 hit 2009 was... ? guess who?

I am waiting for your ideas.

In the meantime some slow super german German:

Daniel Schumacher Honestly

and some slow super american US:

Queensberry Hello Hello

LM

PS. I must tell you that 2 days ago I had a dream about Michael Jackson's mother.
Can you imagine? I don't understand why I had this dream at all. I don't think about Michael Jackson at all! :roll: Can anyone explain it? This dream was horribly realistic.
Do you believe in dreams? I mean do you believe that dreams can mean something?

PS2. After some slow super german German and some slow super american US - what should I put here as a next song? Who can help me?

PS3. Ups! I have just checked that Queensberry is a... German band. Hmmm... do Germans have any queen at all? :roll: How strange. And look at this video beneath. They don't sound like Germans at all! What a surprise - sorry! :geek:

Queensberry The song

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hello LM and everyone else who cares.. :-)

Today I'm putting here one of my favourite song:

Carmen Mercedes McRae (April 8, 1920 - November 10, 1994) - American jazz singer, a composer, a pianist and an actress. One of the most influential jazz vocalists of 20th century. She was distinguished with a strong voice of unforgettable timbre, original phrasing, ironical interpretations of texts. During career she has written more than 60 albums on many labels including Bethlehem, Decca (1954-58), Kapp, Columbia, Mainstream, Focus, Atlantic (1967-70), Black Lion, Groove Merchant, Catalyst, Blue Note, Buddah, Concord and Novus.

Carmen McRae - If I Should Lose You
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello here Xkalibur and many, many other people...:)

Well... I don't know what should I put here today. I notice you chose a dead musical star Xkalibur. So I am putting here someone...still alive.
Plus a short mini biography - why not? :) The one beneath comes from imdb base. Why not?

Sir Elton John is one of pop music's great survivors. Born 25 March, 1947, as Reginald Kenneth Dwight, he started to play the piano at the early age of four. At the age of 11, he won a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Music. His first band was called Bluesology. He later auditioned (unsuccessfully) as lead singer for the progressive rock bands King Crimson and Gentle Giant. Dwight teamed up with lyricist Bernie Taupin and changed his name to Elton John (merging the names of saxophonist Elton Dean and Long John Baldry). The duo wrote songs for Lulu and Roger Cook. In the early 1970s, he recorded the concept album "Tumbleweed Connection." He became the most successful pop artist of the 1970s, and he has survived many different pop fads including punk, the New Romantics and Britpop to remain one of Britain's most internationally acclaimed musicians.

And the song - rather sad like my mood last days... maybe next days will bring some more cheerful tunes to my mind again? Who knows?
In the meantime - in the same mood like the song above:

Sir Elton John candle in the wind

All the best to everyone in this thread wishes,
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello again...

Well I have come back with a little bit more cheerful piece of music today.
Not to make impression that I want to die or what... so today Marit Larsen from
Norway and her tuneful song " Under the surface".
To be quite honest I wanted to put here another singing man but songs I could find werenot proper. Only Marit Larsen seemed to be OK choice after "candle in the wind" Don't know why... your opinions? :roll:

Marit Larsen under the surface

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello again today...

How do you like young Norwegian star - Marit Larsen? I hope you like her a bit :roll: .
Today turn for someone...more English. Daniel Merriweather from Australia and
his song "RED".

Daniel Merriweather 'Red'

PS1. I tried to find another woman as a next singer to add her to this thread but unfortunatelly only the song "RED" seemed to me to be OK as the next song here.
PS2. Whom next should I put here to look well... any help?
As I wrote some posts earlier jazz isn't my favourite music at all. :roll:

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi today... how silent... :roll:

Well... so my turn again. I don't know if you like or don't like young Australian Elvis Presley (has Australian Daniel Merriweather any chances to be another Elvis Presley in future by the way?) today I have something ...completely different.

What? A new album of Nigerian SADE will be released on 9th February 2010. Its title is Soldier of Love. A single beneath that comes from this album has the same title.

What do you think about SADE's latest song?

Sade soldier of love

PS1. Do you know how old is Sade from Nigeria? 51. No joking. What do you think about her music? I like it.
PS2. Sorry for not youtube.com version of SADE's video. I wasn't able to find her song on youtube.com yet... :roll:

Soon more again,
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi today!

Why so silent here? :roll:

WORDS ARE SILVER, SILENCE IS GOLD - I know but sometimes would be just nice to
see someone here or there ( or hear something interesting).

So when noone else 2 next songs from me. First a man and a woman (or a woman and a man)

Timbaland feat. Katy Perry - If We Ever Meet Again

Then a man without a woman (where is any woman in this video, by the way?) :roll:

Jason Derulo whatcha say

How do you like my 2 next songs in this thread. I think they are ...perfect. Really perfect if any perfection exists at all... by the way - do you look for any perfection in your life? :roll:

LM
SuMoNe

Post by SuMoNe »

I've been listenning to "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles, & "Island blues" by Koop these days.
Both songs are amazing.
so for those who like slow songs & blues, I recommend them 4 u. enjoy!
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hello here,

I am listening to jazz lately. The following song comes from the king of swing genre Benny Goodman (1909-1986).

Benny Goodman - Moonglow

It was also featured in "Aviator" film.

:-)
SuMoNe

Post by SuMoNe »

Xkalibur wrote:
Benny Goodman - Moonglow

It was also featured in "Aviator" film.

nice 1 ..
SuMoNe

Post by SuMoNe »

kings of conveniece by Royksopp
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

These guys are pioneers of Progressive Rock. The group exists from 1964 and counted as the most oldest rock group still active. Their latest album "December" were issued in 2003.

A greatest hit from them:

Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin

Beautiful song, isn't it? :-)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello again :)

Thanks for your nice last contributions to this thread.
Here are my ideas for new songs here:

1. A slow song but not quite...latest Wyclef Jean&Mavado

Wyclef Jean ft. Mavado - Hold On

3. Still faster... latest Nelly Furtado. How do you like the song? I think poor chances for a big hit.

Tiësto feat. Nelly Furtado - Who Wants To Be Alone

3. And last but not least - latest Avril Lavigne - good or bad she sings new songs.
Well... this time we can hear Avril as singing Alice in Wonderland (rather in Underground what some Net users suggest). Such a shouting Alice! Does it make any sense? Write your opinions, please. :roll:

Avril Lavigne Alice

Soon next new hits from me!

LM

ps. To be frank I wanted to post 4 songs today- Robbie Williams "Morning sun" was about to be my first song today. Unfortunately only 3 URLs are allowed on englishclub.com these days so I cut out Robbie cause I wasnot able to find original video to his song and Avril Lavigne seemed to me to be more important so I left her ALICE ! :(
Was I right? I don't know.

Read me soon again!
ayat

Post by ayat »

i am listening to (I cry)
i like this song
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth wrote:
What? A new album of Nigerian SADE will be released on 9th February 2010. Its title is Soldier of Love. A single beneath that comes from this album has the same title.

What do you think about SADE's latest song?
Hi,
That's an exiting song, recently I've obtained complete album. There are 10 songs in it. All are good!

Do you still write poems? When new ones likely to come?
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everyone who cares!

Did you really buy last Sade's album? do you like it? I used to buy a lot of music albums when younger. I can say it devasted me financially somehow. Really. The same with going to the cinema.
These days in my country you can buy almost for free most older cinema hits.
Some years ago it was immpossible to imagine. So nowadays I am choosing this option to practise my English. Is it good? It is chepaer than watching latest hits and still something to watch in English. :roll: Maybe one day I will come back to my old hobbies...who knows? :roll: These days I don't live in a big city. I have to commute to the cinema. I don't like it specially in winter. :roll:

What besides? Do you like to read my next poems? I can write something again - why not?
I can see some Vancouver stories in creative writing section. Maybe I will put there some my latest ideas about how things change around the world.
Something about history and culture and what does it mean to be smart.
Such things. That history goes round and round and round...
or my questions about culture - what culture is the best?
What culture is better? Eastern culture or western culture?
Maybe you will answer it to me, Xkalibur.
Culture is for free - that is what I understand by culture.
?

Ok. Now some music at last.
To keep the mood - first Celine Dion and her "My heart will go on"

Celine Dion My Heart Will Go On

Then something latest - latest Kesha and her new hit (?) - Bla bla bla .
Sorry for lack of the video to Kesha song. I was able to find it only on Polish musical servers that I prefer not to use here somehow cause I am choosing youtube.com as my best friend in this thread ...if I can write something like that :)
So latest Kesha - practise your English with youtube.com :

Kesha Bla bla bla

Soon more from me again...
LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hi Xkalibur and everyone who cares!

Did you really buy last Sade's album? do you like it? I used to buy a lot of music albums when younger. I can say it devasted me financially somehow. Really. The same with going to the cinema.
Yes, I bought it. Actually, I don't spend much money on music. Either borrow or download from open sources.
LadyMacbeth wrote:These days in my country you can buy almost for free most older cinema hits. Some years ago it was immpossible to imagine.
In my country, these days you can buy pirated DVD's for $3-12 USD. :-) ..In most cases, such discs have very low quality, especially those with films. I always return such poor disk to the seller and demand my money back..
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »