Movies & Stories

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

Do you like the movies which are changed from stories?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 2

Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Movies & Stories

Post by Arale »

Quite many stories have been changed to movies such as Sherlock Home, Gone with the wind, Thorns bird, The call of the wild, Dracula, Harry Potter...Do you like such movies? Personally, I think reading those stories is much more interesting than watching them. I never see the movies that are changed from the novels I read already. It's boring! If I didn't read Harry Potter, I couldn't be able to understand the film 'Harry Potter'. They cut so much scenery. When we read the stories, we can imagine whatever we like, but we have to follow the director's imagination of those movies when watching them. I don't like it.

_Arale_
lukiyas

Post by lukiyas »

Do you like the movies which are changed from stories?
Yes
No

I don't know why you raise this question man.Because I think almost film are based on stories.They make scenarios from stories.All of the famous stories and novels I know are transcripted to scenarios to make films.And if they haven't been,they will be.[/quote]
lukiyas.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

lukiyas wrote: I don't know why you raise this question man.Because I think almost film are based on stories.They make scenarios from stories.All of the famous stories and novels I know are transcripted to scenarios to make films.And if they haven't been,they will be.
So you got a mistake. Not all films are changed from stories. Stories are stories and films are films and these films have their own scenarios but only some famous stories have been changing into films. It means the director doesn't need to have a new scenario but just changes some details of the story to be more suitable when acting. Many films have been made from historical events or real experience of the director, not from any story!

_Arale_