Is there any song made you cry??????

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderators: Krisi, Vega

Post Reply
User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Is there any song made you cry??????

Post by quicksilver » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:43 am

Im really confused.
I often listen to the music when i feel bad.
I dont listen to the happy songs, but sad songs.
It seems like that they make me feel better.
Do you think so ?
And there was a time i felt bad, i listened to " Dont you cry " By Kamelot, and i really cry. :roll: :roll:
Am i so silly?
Have you ever cried cos of the song?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:13 am

Graduation by Vitamin C. Everytime I hear that song, I feel really blue and maybe about to cry :( .

User avatar
Butler
Platinum Member
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:28 am
Location: Here, as usual.

Post by Butler » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:22 am

Anything by Mariah Carey makes me want to cry, it's just so bad...I feel like crying..hehe.. :lol:

User avatar
Butler
Platinum Member
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:28 am
Location: Here, as usual.

Post by Butler » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:25 am

But in all seriousness there was one song that almost made me cry. It's Peter Gabriels "I Grieve". I heard this song at a time when someone I knew commited suicide and it was a very dark time and this song was about all I felt at that time. I played it over and over and over...it somehow comforted me.

I was in the film City of Angels with Meg Ryan. Great song.

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:12 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Graduation by Vitamin C. Everytime I hear that song, I feel really blue and maybe about to cry :( .
That song is so cool.
I also cried when i graduated.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:55 pm

Butler wrote:Anything by Mariah Carey makes me want to cry, it's just so bad...I feel like crying..hehe.. :lol:
The old Mariah Carey was the best. I hate the new one...

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:46 pm

Butler wrote:But in all seriousness there was one song that almost made me cry. It's Peter Gabriels "I Grieve". I heard this song at a time when someone I knew commited suicide and it was a very dark time and this song was about all I felt at that time. I played it over and over and over...it somehow comforted me.

I was in the film City of Angels with Meg Ryan. Great song.
You know I've heard there was a time that one song came out and it would literally got people who heard it to suicide. I think it's called "gloomy day" or something like that. I've tried to search the net for it; however, I got no result. I wonder you know anything about this :? .

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:35 am

Dixie wrote:
Butler wrote:Anything by Mariah Carey makes me want to cry, it's just so bad...I feel like crying..hehe.. :lol:
The old Mariah Carey was the best. I hate the new one...
Old songs such as : I still believe, Hero , Without u........
But they dont make me cry.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:26 am

quicksilver wrote:Old songs such as : I still believe, Hero , Without u........
But they dont make me cry.
There was one that made me cry everytime I listened to it, many years ago. It's on the album Hero. The title was something like Never Forget You. It's about a person who dies... My grandma had died recently when I discovered that song. It made me cry and now I don't listen to it anymore, but I am sure it would make me cry again if I did.

User avatar
Asep25
Silver Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:29 am
Location: China

Post by Asep25 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:18 pm

Any song sung by my neighbor makes me cry!!! :twisted:

My neighbor, who is a teacher too, not a Music teacher but an anatomy teacher, has a terrible voice!! Unfortunately, he is a music-lover!! :twisted: He always sings at his free time!!! OUT LOUD!!!

When his singing rushed into my ears and my brain, I always felt like the end of world is coming!! and sometimes I would wanna fetch my throad and lung out and smash all my stones when I listen to his singing!

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:29 am

Asep25 wrote: When his singing rushed into my ears and my brain, I always felt like the end of world is coming!! and sometimes I would wanna fetch my throad and lung out and smash all my stones when I listen to his singing!
LOL this reminds me of a Friends episode... remember, with Joey's singing neighbor... MORNING'S HEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEE :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Asep25
Silver Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:29 am
Location: China

Post by Asep25 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:46 pm

Dixie wrote:LOL this reminds me of a Friends episode... remember, with Joey's singing neighbor... MORNING'S HEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEE :lol: :lol: :lol
In my case, it is worse than Friends episode!! :x

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:10 am

Asep25 wrote:Any song sung by my neighbor makes me cry!!! :twisted:

My neighbor, who is a teacher too, not a Music teacher but an anatomy teacher, has a terrible voice!! Unfortunately, he is a music-lover!! :twisted: He always sings at his free time!!! OUT LOUD!!!

When his singing rushed into my ears and my brain, I always felt like the end of world is coming!! and sometimes I would wanna fetch my throad and lung out and smash all my stones when I listen to his singing!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's so funny Asep
Im dead sure that ur neighbor has a "great" voice!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Asep25
Silver Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:29 am
Location: China

Post by Asep25 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:59 am

quicksilver wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's so funny Asep
thank you!
quicksilver wrote: :Im dead sure that ur neighbor has a "great" voice!!!!!!!!!

however, if great means awful or terrible, then YES!! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:05 am

Asep25 wrote:
quicksilver wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's so funny Asep
thank you!
quicksilver wrote: :Im dead sure that ur neighbor has a "great" voice!!!!!!!!!

however, if great means awful or terrible, then YES!! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I wish i could hear that " wonderful" voice , to cry once again , then run away forever. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Asep25
Silver Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:29 am
Location: China

Post by Asep25 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:09 am

Right now!! He is singing!!! now I just finished my class and came back home, I thought he was at work, unfortunately, he is in home!!! OMG! I have to close my door and windows!

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:27 am

Asep25 wrote:Right now!! He is singing!!! now I just finished my class and came back home, I thought he was at work, unfortunately, he is in home!!! OMG! I have to close my door and windows!
Quickly! Take a recorder machine!

User avatar
Asep25
Silver Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:29 am
Location: China

Post by Asep25 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:39 am

Dixie wrote:
Asep25 wrote:Right now!! He is singing!!! now I just finished my class and came back home, I thought he was at work, unfortunately, he is in home!!! OMG! I have to close my door and windows!
Quickly! Take a recorder machine!
I rather not!! his singing always drives me crazy!

You know what? May 12 is Nurse Day in China. and we have an annual ceremony to celebrate the festival. On the Nurse Day this year, he sang a famous Chinese classical song to celebrate the festival! OMG! all faculty and students all applauded him! he looked so proud and excited!! actually, the truth was that his terrible voice was so funny that people rather took it as a comedy! other people's performances seemed so dull and tedious compared to his terrible singing :lol:

In face, he is a nice guy, and very knowledgable. however, as you well know, Nobody is perfect :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:25 am

Asep25 wrote:however, as you well know, Nobody is perfect :lol: :lol: :lol:
You should know better 8) :lol: :lol:

User avatar
TearHere
Gold Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by TearHere » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:01 am

the song that made me cry .....

angel by sarah mcLachlan....
these are the lines i love the most..

Memory seeps from my veins
Let me be empty
And weightless and maybe
I’ll find some peace tonight
In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You’re in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there.......


loveee it..
:cry: :cry: :cry: really made me cry :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:15 pm

I also like this song , it is very nice and cool :D :D :D
Very smooth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Asep25
Silver Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:29 am
Location: China

Post by Asep25 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:06 pm

quicksilver wrote:I also like this song , it is very nice and cool :D :D :D
Very smooth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where can I download this song? I mean, the website, thanks!

nevertheless, I highly doubt it can make me cry after I have suffered from so much terrible singing :wink:

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:05 am

Asep25 wrote:
quicksilver wrote:I also like this song , it is very nice and cool :D :D :D
Very smooth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where can I download this song? I mean, the website, thanks!

nevertheless, I highly doubt it can make me cry after I have suffered from so much terrible singing :wink:
This is your link , Asep
Hope you like it.
http://coolrip.com/index.php?c=song&songid=1080

User avatar
Asep25
Silver Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:29 am
Location: China

Post by Asep25 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:17 am

I like it!!

Thank you so much! Quicksilver!!

However, I didn't cry :wink:

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:35 am

Asep25 wrote:I like it!!

Thank you so much! Quicksilver!!

However, I didn't cry :wink:
ya, i also dont cry as tearhere but this song is so sad.

User avatar
TearHere
Gold Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by TearHere » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:49 am

i cry everytime i hear the song because something so unforgettable and traumatic happened to a friend of mine..(however, i would like to just leave the details , its painful y'know, and thanks for understanding) :(
we both loved this song, she has always told me that if ever she dies, she'd love this song to be played on a her funeral march.. and the sad fact is, she died.. that's why i cried and still cry everytime i hear the song.. :cry: :cry:

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland

Post by illusion » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:45 pm

I think I have few songs that always would make me cry although I don't cry anymore while listening to them.. they're:
U2-Walk On
Avril Lavinge-Tomorrow
Placebo-Without yuo I'm nothing

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Post by Arale » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:14 pm

Asep25 wrote:Any song sung by my neighbor makes me cry!!! :twisted:

My neighbor, who is a teacher too, not a Music teacher but an anatomy teacher, has a terrible voice!! Unfortunately, he is a music-lover!! :twisted: He always sings at his free time!!! OUT LOUD!!!

When his singing rushed into my ears and my brain, I always felt like the end of world is coming!! and sometimes I would wanna fetch my throad and lung out and smash all my stones when I listen to his singing!
Asep, why don't you record his voice and then play again when he stops singing? I bet he will cry too. :mrgreen:

_Arale_

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Post by Arale » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:19 pm

I just feel emotional when I hear some nice and often sad songs but no songs can make me cry. :roll:
I think it depends on your mood when you listen to the song.

_Arale_

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland

Post by illusion » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:29 pm

Arale wrote:I just feel emotional when I hear some nice and often sad songs but no songs can make me cry. :roll:
I think it depends on your mood when you listen to the song.

_Arale_
exactly! i think it all depends on the mood. I mean for me the songs that make me cry are connected with certain memories and people in my life and that makes me cry, not the song itself. however it's the song that develops this reaction...

netyugi
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:53 am
Location: CHINA

Post by netyugi » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:58 pm

Asep25 wrote:Any song sung by my neighbor makes me cry!!! :twisted:

My neighbor, who is a teacher too, not a Music teacher but an anatomy teacher, has a terrible voice!! Unfortunately, he is a music-lover!! :twisted: He always sings at his free time!!! OUT LOUD!!!

When his singing rushed into my ears and my brain, I always felt like the end of world is coming!! and sometimes I would wanna fetch my throad and lung out and smash all my stones when I listen to his singing!
:P unfortunately, I'm the guy who is the neighbor of you! 8)

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:12 pm

netyugi wrote:
:P unfortunately, I'm the guy who is the neighbor of you! 8)
Huaaaaaaaaahuahuahauaaaaa

User avatar
DKMaster
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Contact:

Post by DKMaster » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:38 pm

Daughter and father____Lindsay Lohan
Sad Video

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Re: Is there any song made you cry??????

Post by Dixie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:02 pm


Richland
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:15 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Is there any song made you cry??????

Post by Richland » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:00 pm

Yes, this song from Bolt - Barking at the Moon.

I have got so much to give, I swear I do
I may not have nine lives, this one feels brand new
Yes, I've lived a good one, I have tried to be true
There are some things I never realized till I met you
How the wind feels on my cheeks when I'm barking at the moon

There is no home like the one you've got
'Cause that home belongs to you
Woo, woo, here I come, woo, woo, back to you
There is no home like the one you've got
'Cause that home belongs to you

Well, I was in trouble, bad, I was so confused
I may not see in color, babe, but I sure can feel blue
I have been a lot of things, they may not all be true
My experience was so mysterious till I met you
Now the sun may rise in the east but I'm barking at the moon

There is no home like the one you've got
'Cause that home belongs to you
Woo, woo, here I come, woo, woo, back to you
There is no home like the one you've got
'Cause that home belongs to you

POL/TF
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:04 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Is there any song made you cry??????

Post by POL/TF » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 am

Yes, there is. It’s call Sarabande by George Frideric Handel. But what most people don’t know about this composition, it’s that in fact “Sarabande” it was a popular dance in the baroque, that developed during the 17th century. A lots of compositors write down that kind of music, but the one that I used to listen most is that piece which the full name is: Suite No 4 in D Minor, HWV 437, Sarabande.

When I am listening to it, for a moment I forgot about all in my mind, and I relax for a while. And I often thrill with that work.

I uploaded the link of that song if you want to hear it ;-) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lnGFib_WiU

Post Reply