The latest movie you've seen

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby illusion » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:15 am

I saw "Zack and Miri make a porno" but it was very boring and based on pathetic humour. I didn't like it.

englishhelps
Gold Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby englishhelps » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:56 am

illusion wrote:I saw "Zack and Miri make a porno" but it was very boring and based on pathetic humour. I didn't like it.


Really? I thought it was going to be funny. I was going to watch it. Thanks for the feedback. I might still watch it though if I'm really really bored!

I just watched "Ghost of Girlfriends' Past". It's a cool movie. It's not that funny but it's a good story.

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby illusion » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:47 pm

englishhelps wrote:
illusion wrote:I saw "Zack and Miri make a porno" but it was very boring and based on pathetic humour. I didn't like it.


Really? I thought it was going to be funny. I was going to watch it. Thanks for the feedback. I might still watch it though if I'm really really bored!

I just watched "Ghost of Girlfriends' Past". It's a cool movie. It's not that funny but it's a good story.



I don't want to make a spoiler for anyone but there's a scene in "Zack and Miri..." where a women takes a poo while having an intercourse... so you might want to re-consider watching it, really. I'd save myself some poor quality humour if I were you ;)

englishhelps
Gold Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby englishhelps » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:35 pm

^That's nasty.

I just watched "Up". I highly recommend it! It's funny and touching at the same time!

User avatar
LEATRICE
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Hong Kong

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby LEATRICE » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:32 am

"The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas"
A REALLY REALLY REALLY impressive and inspiring movie :cry: :cry:
The fashion of the world is to avoid cost, and you encounter it.

englishhelps
Gold Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby englishhelps » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:07 am

I just watched "District 9" last night and it was awesome! Especially if you believe in aliens. :)

englishhelps
Gold Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby englishhelps » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:40 am

Anybody here who has seen "The time traveler's wife"? A lot of people are saying that it's good.

englishhelps
Gold Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby englishhelps » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:34 pm

I just watched "Management" by Jennifer Aniston. It's a very bad movie. The story isn't realistic and they don't have the chemistry. She's pretty and sexy that's why I watched the whole movie even though the story is bad.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby Dixie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 am

englishhelps wrote:I just watched "Management" by Jennifer Aniston. It's a very bad movie. The story isn't realistic and they don't have the chemistry. She's pretty and sexy that's why I watched the whole movie even though the story is bad.


What's with Aniston? All her movies turn out to be real bad.

The latest movie I've seen is Gamer. I didn't like it at all.

englishhelps
Gold Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby englishhelps » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Dixie wrote:
englishhelps wrote:I just watched "Management" by Jennifer Aniston. It's a very bad movie. The story isn't realistic and they don't have the chemistry. She's pretty and sexy that's why I watched the whole movie even though the story is bad.


What's with Aniston? All her movies turn out to be real bad.

The latest movie I've seen is Gamer. I didn't like it at all.


I really don't know. To think she's one of the highest paid actresses. I think she's better in TV than in movies. She's sexy though and that's the saving grace of that movie.

englishhelps
Gold Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby englishhelps » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:10 pm

I just watched KimmyDora which is a Tagalog comedy movie. It's one of the funniest Tagalog movies I've seen.

User avatar
Stefi
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:00 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Bulgaria

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby Stefi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:54 pm

I watched "The Holiday". But I didn't like it much. But I loved "The Ugly Truth" and "The Proposal".

User avatar
Josef
Protector of the Boards
Protector of the Boards
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:56 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: England
Contact:

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby Josef » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:35 pm

Yesterday watched Frost Nixon or Nixon Frost or whatever it was called, about the interview of US President Nixon by British (then) talk-show host David Frost. Pretty good. Excellent performance of Nixon. The actor playing Frost wasn't bad, but would have been excellent for Blair (previous UK PM).

Today attempted to watch Valkyrie, dramatization of the Claus von Stauffenberg plot to assassinate Hitler towards the end of WW2. Gave up after 10 minutes of Tom Cruise's pathetic Americanisation of Stauffenberg.

Resorted to watching Taken. Not bad. Curious American take on Europe and European culture, but that is to be expected.

monaji
Silver Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:42 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: there
Contact:

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby monaji » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:11 am

I think it's old movie but I liked :shock: :shock: it (( ghost ship )) thriller and very good

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby MissLT » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:37 am

Josef wrote:
Today attempted to watch Valkyrie, dramatization of the Claus von Stauffenberg plot to assassinate Hitler towards the end of WW2. Gave up after 10 minutes of Tom Cruise's pathetic Americanisation of Stauffenberg.

Resorted to watching Taken. Not bad. Curious American take on Europe and European culture, but that is to be expected.

I heard it's horrible compared to Inglorious Basterds, which I'll watch on the 18th or 19th as a part of my protest no-Jennifer's-dumb-movies with other Jolie-Pitts' fans at JJ.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby MissLT » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:54 pm

:-| Hmmmmm... that Inglorious Basterds was hard to watch.

jane
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:27 am
Status: Other

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby jane » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:41 am

Couples Retreat

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby Dixie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:48 pm

Millennium II.

User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Contact:

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby Vega » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:22 am


LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby LadyMacbeth » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Lately I have watched Saving private Ryan again. Don't know why or I know why :roll:
Kind of war- mood I have lately though probably Platoon is the best war movie ever.

PS. Saving Private Ryan is a war story of a man who is searched by a squad to be transported home in order to help his mother as her only living son. He is found and brought back to his loving mother. The movie got many Oscars - 6 or 7.

bomb
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:29 am
Status: English Learner

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby bomb » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:02 am

LAST SATURDAY I JUST SAW 2012



IT'S REALLY A TOUCHIN MOVIE!!!


I CRIED ALOT


Return to “Music & Movies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests