DO YOU LOVE CARTOON?

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Postby Tora » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:49 am

won't be surprised if someone dies from green envy :mrgreen:
several months ago a public channel appeared on Russian television - it's free and it broadcasts only cartoons. I'm already addicted. Here is a small amount of cartoons represented there:
- Robot Chicken (hilarious - at night shown untranslated) :lol:
- all that super hero stuff including Spiderman, Batman, Ninja Turtles and so on
- a cartoon I have never heard about before - Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons - pretty old but I like it - shown untranslated in the morning;
- masterpieces of the Universe - the Simpsons, Futurama and of less attraction to me - Family Guy;
- former MTV shows (I mean first appeared for us on the music television) Daria, Celebrity Deathmatch, Southpark, and the only thing I don't like at all - Beavis and Butt-head :roll:

also included - Angry Kid, Lenore, :!: Pinky and Brain :!: , The Flinstones, Home Videos, Jetsons, etc.
Moreover - the best of Russian cartoon industry!

Yes, I love cartoons :lol:

YAYO
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 2:52 pm
Location: Costa Rica

Postby YAYO » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:55 pm

for my the best cartoon is Alejo and Valentin. It deals with on a pair Argentine children who let fly their imagination, they along with his friends try to do everything what she gives the desire him. But already in serious terms, tha cartoon does one criticizes of the society in general

MONCHO
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Costa Rica

Postby MONCHO » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:30 am

I hate cartoons, I believe there are for childrens and not for adult people, obvious when I was a kid, saw cartoons, but not now.

iamvitaly
Silver Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:35 pm
Location: Kazakhstan
Contact:

Postby iamvitaly » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:20 pm

SOUTH PARK!!! I'm realy fan of this cartoon! Too many great characters!!!! Super funny and about nowadays...

ERPS
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Costa Rica

Postby ERPS » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:15 am

I also like South Park... is cool! And I like The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy too...!

ehsan
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:30 pm
Location: borazjan

Postby ehsan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:47 pm

:lol: I love tom and jarry but it so reapted

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:53 pm

I always loved Tom and Jerry :) and the Power Puff Girls, but I was mad about anime "Sailor Moon" :)) has anyone been watching it as a kid?

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:13 pm

I never seen Sailor Moon(Maybe I should watch it then :) ). I kinda like Power Puff Girls. Tom and Jerry is worst thing ever, I don't understand how someone could like that boring nothing much cartoon.

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Postby Tora » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:51 am

illusion wrote:I always loved Tom and Jerry :) and the Power Puff Girls, but I was mad about anime "Sailor Moon" :)) has anyone been watching it as a kid?


I'm ashamed to confess that I was watching it in my early childhood but I never liked it much though :oops:

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:52 am

Hardi wrote:I never seen Sailor Moon(Maybe I should watch it then :) ). I kinda like Power Puff Girls. Tom and Jerry is worst thing ever, I don't understand how someone could like that boring nothing much cartoon.



yeah, Sailor Moon is the best! I've even watched it on Youtube.com lately. I must say that when I was little, in Poland we had very stupid cartoons and they were shown only twice a day so when I really wanted to have a treat, I watched Cartoon Network and as I didn't understand English that well, the only cartoon where they didn't talk was Tom and Jerry:D that's why watching it was fun and easy to me at that time ;) I guess I wouldn't watch it now though... Now I'm obsessed with Friends :D

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:01 pm

illusion wrote:yeah, Sailor Moon is the best! I've even watched it on Youtube.com lately. I must say that when I was little, in Poland we had very stupid cartoons and they were shown only twice a day so when I really wanted to have a treat, I watched Cartoon Network and as I didn't understand English that well, the only cartoon where they didn't talk was Tom and Jerry:D that's why watching it was fun and easy to me at that time ;) I guess I wouldn't watch it now though... Now I'm obsessed with Friends :D
When I was little, I surely had less good cartoons in my tv. than you. And they were surely worse than those you had.. Actually I can recall one I always liked. They still show it sometime. I don't know how it's called in english. It's a Czech cartoon about 2 dogs (one black and low, other white and tall) and a crow. I still like it.

I never have had time to friends. I'm obsessed with Animes.

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Hardi wrote:
illusion wrote:yeah, Sailor Moon is the best! I've even watched it on Youtube.com lately. I must say that when I was little, in Poland we had very stupid cartoons and they were shown only twice a day so when I really wanted to have a treat, I watched Cartoon Network and as I didn't understand English that well, the only cartoon where they didn't talk was Tom and Jerry:D that's why watching it was fun and easy to me at that time ;) I guess I wouldn't watch it now though... Now I'm obsessed with Friends :D
When I was little, I surely had less good cartoons in my tv. than you. And they were surely worse than those you had.. Actually I can recall one I always liked. They still show it sometime. I don't know how it's called in english. It's a Czech cartoon about 2 dogs (one black and low, other white and tall) and a crow. I still like it.

I never have had time to friends. I'm obsessed with Animes.


what animes do you like?
In Poland we had this Russian cartoon about a Wolf and a Hare. It was a very old cartoon but I liked it.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:46 pm

illusion wrote:what animes do you like?
In Poland we had this Russian cartoon about a Wolf and a Hare. It was a very old cartoon but I liked it.
U mean "Nu pogodi!" (Just you Wait!) I don't like it much. I did hated that evil Hare. But since it was popular and everyone else liked it I did pretend that I also liked it.

I like almost everything, except those I hate.

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:56 am

Hardi wrote:
illusion wrote:what animes do you like?
In Poland we had this Russian cartoon about a Wolf and a Hare. It was a very old cartoon but I liked it.
U mean "Nu pogodi!" (Just you Wait!) I don't like it much. I did hated that evil Hare. But since it was popular and everyone else liked it I did pretend that I also liked it.

I like almost everything, except those I hate.



lol, hehe :) so you've also seen it?:) It was funny. But I didn't like the wolf. He looked scary to me ;p

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:20 pm

I had always so sorry of that wolf. This seems unthinkable, but I think I really wished that, that wolf could succeed to catch that Hare. I wonder how would I feel if he really did eat it. :roll:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:49 pm

I don't like that Sailor Moon so much.. but it's okay I can watch it. I like this Anime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbC3F0Bw0aQ
...But unfortunately I can't see any of them on youtube anymore, It seems flashplayer doesn't work on me anymore.. I suspect that some of last software update I made were done something fishy. I hate Macromedia Flash I hate their whole company they can't produce freedom. They have done a closed source thing that doesn't work well and they still aren't capable to port it to 64bit Linux. I must use wrapper to use it.. really lame of them.

norhan
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:58 pm
Location: egypt
Contact:

Postby norhan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:58 pm

yeah sure i like cartoon very much.It helps me get better in English I listen to it in English and i try not to read the acces and to try to translate and learn new words in the same time.It's realy fun and useful Try it .trust me.

jane
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:27 am
Status: Other

Re: DO YOU LOVE CARTOON?

Postby jane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:38 am

yes i like Tom and Jerry ,The popeye show and Shinchan

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: DO YOU LOVE CARTOON?

Postby sweethuman » Wed May 25, 2011 5:28 am

I like Tom and Jerry, The pink panther etc

ElenaRedhead
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: DO YOU LOVE CARTOON?

Postby ElenaRedhead » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:28 pm

I like cartoons.
My favourite cartoons are Kung-fu Panda, Cars, Shark Tale, Garfield and some more cartoons. I don't like Tom and Jerry.
I like old soviet cartoons. And I like new russian cartoon Masha and Bear. It's really funny.


Return to “Music & Movies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests