My top 5 drama movie

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

SenPerfect

My top 5 drama movie

Post by SenPerfect »

Drama, like pop music, is a difficult genre to define. These films are characterized by presenting a raw reality to the viewer through a narrated story with a more or less serious tone. Therefore, what distinguishes a drama from a thriller or any other type of film is the message that the writers want to throw to the public.
The drama is not necessarily tragedy. Traditionally this genre, which finds its roots in classical Greece, presents us with a hero or heroine who enjoys a privileged position and who, through the effect of Destiny, loses, suffers and destroys himself. The drama is more subtle and often interspersed with other film categories.
1. Fight club
The Fight Club is a film released in 1999 based on the homonymous novel by Chuck Palahniuk. Jim Uhls adapted the script and David Fincher (Seven, The social network) directed the film. In the cast we find Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, Helena Bonham Carter and Jared Leto among other familiar Hollywood faces.
The plot is about an insomniac young man who is tired of his monotonous life and in one of his trips he meets a soap salesman (Brad Pitt), very energetic and charismatic, who defends a particular philosophy: self-destruction is the only way that life is worth it. Between the two they founded a secret fight club where a group of men increasingly numerous will come to download their frustrations.
2. The Godfather
The godfather is a gangster-themed trilogy directed by Francis Ford Coppola. The first film of the saga was released in 1972. The film is based on the novel by Mario Puzzo, an Italian writer who also got involved in the script adaptation.
It was a blockbuster and grossed more than forty times its budget (only the first movie), but the enormous influence of The Godfather can not be measured in millions of dollars. It is one of the best rated productions and is considered by film critics as one of the best drama films of all time.
In the America of the 1940s, Don Vito Corleone, of Italian descent, is the capo of one of the five most powerful families in the New York mafia . He has four children: Connie, Sonny, Fredo and Michael (Al Pacino), the only one who disregards the smuggling business of his father.
3. The pianist
The pianist is a drama film by Roman Polanski that features Adrien Brody in the leading role. It is a film adaptation of the memories of Polish musician of Jewish origin Wladyslaw Szpilman . This drama has received numerous international awards and recognitions, including three Oscars for the best director, best leading actor and best adapted screenplay.
Wladyslaw Szpilman has a promising career as a pianist. He earns his living performing classical pieces on Warsaw radio, but the German invasion will change the course of his life, that of his family and that of the Jewish community of the city. The harassment of the German troops will increase progressively until Szpilman, persecuted and alone, will try to discover how to get out alive from the Nazi horror.
4. Big Fish
Big Fish is one of the films in Tim Burton's filmography that remind us why this director is one of the most internationally recognized figures. It is difficult to frame this title in a specific genre because it is full of drama , but also fantasy, adventure and even humor . However, the message is very deep and connects directly with feelings of nostalgia and melancholy that will make the viewer reflect.
William Bloom is a young man who has not talked to his father for years. When he learns that he has a terminal illness, he returns home to accompany his family in the last moments. There, gathered together, William listens again to the same stories of youth that he listened to for years.
5. Crash
Crash is a current themed drama film directed by filmmaker Paul Haggis. It premiered on May 6, 2005 and featured a cast featuring some names such as Don Cheadle, Terrence Howard, Ryan Phillippe, Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser ... This film received three Oscars in the categories of Best Picture, Best Screenplay Original and Better Assembly.
This film develops in parallel several stories with different protagonists: two thieves, a Mexican locksmith, two police inspectors, a housewife and her husband and a prosecutor from Los Angeles. Everyone lives in the same city but they do not know each other, they do not even belong to the same social class. All of them lead apparently very different lives but, when their stories intersect, all the truths that each one has been repressing will come out.
My name is Sen and I have been working for 4 years as PhD writer at research paper service. Helping people find information, create useful and interesting stories is my passion.
jonathanrace
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: My top 5 drama movie

Post by jonathanrace »

1 + 3 I love! The pianist is great although it can be very sad so I have to make sure my head is in a good place when I watch it :)
I can help you Learn English
habibovrufat

Re: My top 5 drama movie

Post by habibovrufat »

First one was my loveliest.