Talented Singer and Song Writer in Trouble

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Talented Singer and Song Writer in Trouble

Post by SitangCampus »

His name is Wei Shanwen and he is also known as Mi Wentian in the Chinese musical community. He is an Engineer and Vice Chief of Du'an County Highway Administration of south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, he is also a song writer, with works such as My Mongolian Horse, My Darling in Mongolian Grassland, etc, sung by Ulan Tuya, a well-known Mongolian singer of China.

He is a graduate of Guangxi Transport School, which is now renamed Guangxi Vocational and Technical College of Communications.

After he wrote a theme song for his old school in celebration of the 60th anniversary of foundation in 2018, he was hospitalized in critical conditions. Let's hope and pray for his quick recovery.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Talented Singer and Song Writer in Trouble

Post by Joe »

He was hospitalized in 2018? What was the cause of his hospitalization? 🤔
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

He had some problem with his blood vessels that might have caused the blocking of blood transport inside his body, he was put in the ICU which cost him nearly 10,000 yuan per day (his monthly pay is 8,000 yuan or so). We have donated some money for him, but we do not inquire about his latest condition because we worry the worst might have happened. It is our wish to see him recover quickly.

I am writing to let the world know that there is (or was) such a musician, who should not be ignored.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

EnglishClub wishes him well
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

Yesterday morning the doctor of the ICU informed the wife of this poor man that her husband finally passed away...

We all felt sorry for that, but this is life, we are all helpless.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Yes, you are right. This is life.
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow-creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet (1773-1855)

fellow (noun): brother; equal; colleague
creature (noun): animal; living thing
defer (verb): to delay; to suspend
neglect (verb): to ignore; to forget; to overlook; to take no notice of

SurfinPuff

Post by SurfinPuff »

Wow, what an incredible story and talent! We are so impressed by the multifaceted Mr. Wei Shanwen and his accomplishments. His work is an inspiration and we look forward to hearing more from him in the future. Thank you for sharing this amazing individual with us!