How to Write Songtext Lyrics

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

QueenRaina

How to Write Songtext Lyrics

Post by QueenRaina »

Songtext lyrics are the lyrics of a song. They are part of the musical composition and can include a theme or an emotional monologue. Themes are usually social, political or aesthetic.

Whether you're a lyricist or you're a listener, you can use lyrics to enhance your musical experience. Many of the best songs have great lyrics. You may find that a well-crafted lyric can transform elevator music into a work of art.

If you're unsure about how to write lyrics, here are some helpful tips. Writing a song can be a lot of fun. Start by thinking about how you want your song to sound. Try listening to other popular songs and writing down ideas. Once you have your ideas, try singing along with your guitar or keyboard.
XenoCollins

Re: How to Write Songtext Lyrics

Post by XenoCollins »

I love writing lyrics for songs. Although I haven't recorded any of my own songs yet. But I believe that everything will happen.
beckjohn

Post by beckjohn »

Start with what you want to say
Read lyrics from other artists
Notice the conversational quality
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

During 1980-90s, a female Japanese composer had most of music copyrights (pure music or music with Japanese lyrics) sold to Hong Kong music companies which then hired Cantonese-speaking writers to fill in new words as lyric and sustained the local music industrial chain.

There are also people who make fun of the original works by replacing the old lyrics, and with rare exception, most of such products are low and vulgar to the ears of listeners but well serve the purpose of the adaptors.

In translation works, i.e., those sung in foreign languages but changed into local languages, some are more pleasing in the changed language than the original, for example, a Russian one named "One Night in the Surburn Moscow" and a German one named "Handsome Boy" (the theme song of a feature film) are well received by the public in China when they are rendered in Chinese.
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

When writing a song, best to think of an experience that had a lot of emotion.