if you really wanted to be slim or lose some fat, try to check out the following:
1. visualize - you need to visualize how good you want to look. it is also advisable that you hang a small size of your wardrobe near your bed or mirror so everytime you look at it, you'll be motivated that this thing has to fit me as soon as possible!
2. determination - you have to be determined to lose that excess fat. that means you have to work hard for it and not just sit on a couch while binging on those fatty potato chips and sour creams.
3. excercise - you need to work out. if you don't have time to go to the gym, do something you enjoy...say, swimming, biking, badminton, etc. by the way, doing household chores could also help you in losing those excess flabs in your body. and instead of taking the elevator, why not take the stairs. if you could go to some place through walking on the streets, do it instead of taking the cab or driving your car...it also saves you money! : )
4. go fresh and natural - avoid drinking sodas, chocolates or artificially mix drinks. instead, drink fresh fruit juices or if you really can't last a day without soda, go for soda water...it has less calories than you regulaaar soda...you can also take light coke! but don't forget, water is still the best!
5. go for the white meats and veggies - avoid eating red meat as it contains higher amount of fats than those of chicken and fish. vegetables are also good for your health...everybody knows it by the way. oh, and avoid salty foods and condiments because too much salt in the body induces water retention which would only make you feel bloated.
try the following...i say they're effective if you take it seriously. just to let you know, i used to be 200 lbs. before but now i'm just 135 lbs. : )