i'd like to be taller :)

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

shatha

i'd like to be taller :)

Post by shatha »

hello .. how r u ? i hope u all fine ..

i'd like to ask u if there is any way to make someone taller ? for example one girl told me if someone play basketball he would become longer !! is that right ?? and what about your opinions??

thaks
Never too old to learn
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

Hi Shatha,

Thank you we are all fine :D

I think it's right that basketball, as swimming, can help improve the height.

By the way, someone would get taller, not "become longer" :wink:

Cheers,
Pirate
luckygirl9

Post by luckygirl9 »

I've got the same feelings with you,just wanna be taller,though I'm at an average height in my country,so maybe it's perfect,but it's still quite short in Euro or North America :D .Well,to a girl,it can be easily understood to grow taller,and I think sleep more plus eating more then exercising more is the best way.
Dithzie

Post by Dithzie »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but growing taller naturally rests solely on GENETICS, not on any extraneous activities. If you or anyone wants to grow tall desperately, cheer up :) , there's always surgery.
Iamwhoam
gill

Post by gill »

Dithzie wrote:Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but growing taller naturally rests solely on GENETICS, not on any extraneous activities. If you or anyone wants to grow tall desperately, cheer up :) , there's always surgery.
right, thats exactly what i wanted to say. but i dont think surgery is good idea. :roll:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity

Post by Guest »

Dithzie wrote:Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but growing taller naturally rests solely on GENETICS, not on any extraneous activities. If you or anyone wants to grow tall desperately, cheer up :) , there's always surgery.
Yes, your genes play a role with your height, but it doesn't mean you wouldn't get taller (maybe one to three inches taller than you were supposed to) if you did play sports such as basketball, volleyball, swimming, jumping, etc. Also, good nutritions and environment can change your height. By the way, being short is ok. Your height doesn't make up for who you are. Well, maybe when you're in a fight with someone and you wanna scare that person with your height.... :lol:
trieucoo

Post by trieucoo »

huhu can a 20 year-old girl get taller??
Sometimes I have to look down to find happiness

Post by Guest »

trieucoo wrote:huhu can a 20 year-old girl get taller??
Well bad news for ya, around this age you won't grow as much as you used to be. In another words, it's like you've stopped growing taller. Just stay healthy and be in shape. That's better than growing taller.