What about Chinese Food?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

gongmq

What about Chinese Food?

Post by gongmq »

I am Chinese, and I eat many kind of food. I just want to say something about Chinese food.
The food is different from the south and the north. In the south, they mainly eat fish, and rice, but in the north, they eat vegetable and like noodle.
If you want to eat, you can come here and I suggest eating at the little eatery.
The good thing is always in the little place.

I don't know if you like Chinese food or not, but you can try, just try...

And I think you will like it!
Aillian

Post by Aillian »

Could you pls tell me what kind of Chinese food is best,just according your own opinion,and that you can provide the recipe will be highly appreciated.Because i just started creating great interest in cooking and i would like to have some different tries. thank you!
bahrain cat

Oriental Fried Rice

Post by bahrain cat »

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
Makes: 6 servings

http://www.kraftfoods.com/images/recipe ... d_Rice.jpg

4 Tbsp. PLANTERS Peanut Oil, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds
2 Tbsp. green onion slices
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cups cooked MINUTE White Rice, chilled
1 can (8 oz.) peas, drained
1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 jar (2 oz.) sliced pimientos, drained
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. sugar

HEAT 1 Tbsp. of the oil in large skillet or wok. Add egg; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until set. Remove egg from skillet; cover to keep warm.
ADD 1 Tbsp. of the remaining oil to same skillet; heat 30 seconds. Add almonds, green onions and garlic; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until almonds are lightly toasted. Remove from skillet. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in same skillet. Add rice; stir-fry 3 minutes.
RETURN egg and almond mixture to skillet. Add peas, water chestnuts, pimientos, soy sauce and sugar; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring constantly.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS

Great Substitute
Substitute 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, for the canned peas.