This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
This recipe has the Chinese flavor of soy sauce but is adapted to suit Egyptian taste. It is a change from the kofta recipes cooked by most Middle Easterns. Best served with plain rice.
Main ingredients: Minced meat, soy sauce
Time of preparation: 30 minutes
Time of cooking: 35 minutes
1/2 kg Minced Meat
1 Green Pepper
1/2 Onion, medium size, grated
1 Onion, medium size, sliced
4 branches Parsley, finely chopped
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
A pinch of Nutmeg
1/3 cup Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper
• Mix well, using your hand, minced meat, parsley, grated onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper (put very little salt).
• Shape minced meat into fingers (kofta).
• In a medium-large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry kofta on all sides for about 5 minutes. Remove kofta from skillet.
• Cut the green peppers into sticks. In the same skillet, add sliced onions and pepper sticks. Stir constantly for 2 minutes.
• Add soy sauce. Add kofta again, cover skillet, reduce heat and leave to cook for 20-25 minutes. Serve right away.