All about smoking

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: All about smoking

Post by Vega »

Tora wrote:Nope. I can't remember what I was doing yesterday :roll:
Were you drunk? :lol: (just kidding :D )
Tora wrote:By the way I have thought that all former SovUnion republics don't broadcast Russian channels any longer, so do you watch this stuff?
Before 2008 we could watch RTR and Channel 1 here, but they were all blocked for non-payment from Russian's side as stupid officials say here. I personally don't watch local stupid channels any more. I've bought satellite in order to watch Russian channels, and I know many people who did the same since the channels were blocked. (местные каналы просто ужас, ни одной нормальной передачи нет)
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Xkalibur wrote:
Tora wrote:Nope. I can't remember what I was doing yesterday :roll:
Were you drunk? :lol: (just kidding :D )
Tora wrote:By the way I have thought that all former SovUnion republics don't broadcast Russian channels any longer, so do you watch this stuff?
Before 2008 we could watch RTR and Channel 1 here, but they were all blocked for non-payment from Russian's side as stupid officials say here. I personally don't watch local stupid channels any more. I've bought satellite in order to watch Russian channels, and I know many people who did the same since the channels were blocked. (местные каналы просто ужас, ни одной нормальной передачи нет)
And we're complaining here that there is nothing to watch on TV! :lol: Well, I suppose there are just three channles that are possible to be watched and evade spitting - Sport, 2x2 (cartoons rock) and Culture channel 8) and I'm not that picky as you think

P.S. I'm leaving your fisrt question without response :mrgreen:
louiehu

Post by louiehu »

I used to smoke but i quit two years ago.Now i hate smoking.Because it harm myself and another people. :x
Lucky prince-----Louie
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

Smoking is a practice where a substance, most commonly tobacco, is burned and the smoke tasted or inhaled.Women who smoke increase their risk of dying from lung cancer by nearly 12 times and the risk of dying from bronchitis and emphysema by more than 10 times. Between 1960 and 1990, deaths from lung cancer among women have increased by more than 400%--exceeding breast cancer deaths in the mid-1980s.(Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1993;42(44)) The American Cancer Society predicts that 80,000 women will develop lung cancer this year and 67,000 will die from it, as compared to 43,500 deaths from breast cancer.

Men who smoke increase their risk of death from lung cancer by more than 22 times and from bronchitis and emphysema by nearly 10 times. Smoking triples the risk of dying from heart disease among middle-aged men and women.(CDC Smoking-attributable mortality and years of potential life lost--United States, 1990. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1993;42(33):645-8.)

If u smoke a ciggarete u lose 15 minutes of ur life,nd 4 minutes of persons that r with u.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
arezoo

Post by arezoo »

this issue is related to political and economical problems.although all mass media and all international health organizations explain about the dangerous effects of smoking on healthy and fittness , most people are used to doing that because of sudden stress, deprssion ,the pressure of economical issues in their life
intelemark

Post by intelemark »

hello
Smoking is the the inhalation of smoke from burned dried or cured leaves of the tobacco plant. Generally People smoke for pleasure, for ritualistic or social purposes, or for self-medication, as well as to satisfy a physiological dependence on nicotine. Everyone knows that smoking is injurious to health. The main health risks in tobacco pertain to diseases of the cardiovascular system, in particular myocardial infarction (heart attack), diseases of the respiratory tract such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), asthma, emphysema, and cancer, particularly lung cancer and cancers of the larynx and tongue. Passive or involuntary smoking occurs when the exhaled and ambient smoke (otherwise known as environmental or secondhand smoke) from one person’s cigarette is inhaled by other people. Passive smoking involves inhaling carcinogens, as well as other toxic components, that are present in secondhand tobacco smoke.
braveknight

Post by braveknight »

its good to talk about it cuz its the most problem that 50% of the world suffer of this problem
there are so many effect of this habit like : lung faliuar and this extra stuff about the body..i can bring the cancer in the amlimnetary canal :-(
i dont think the smoking is the good way...its only the way to go to death

:twisted: :twisted: if u want to die fast only smoke =]
congcuongcdt

Post by congcuongcdt »

hiiiiiiiiiiiiii
i never smokeing,i hate cigarete,i feel unconfortable when someone smoker.....cigarate is the most cause cancer deseas,it is dangeous..every year,there are 100000 human dies so smoker..
no somking!
Guru

Post by Guru »

You know what, I envy that you don't smoke. I have smoked since I was about 13 or 14 and still do and I'm almost 18.

I think all of you non-smokers are so smart for being proud of not smoking.

I remember when I first started smoking. I hated the taste, I hated the smell, plus I looked stupid. I still did it any ways to replace some other things I wanted to get rid of.

Eventually I got used to the taste and smell. I was addicted by then. I craved them. I used them as a time passer.

It's not worth it dear. Curiosity's good but curiosity can also kill the cat, as cheesy as it sounds.

There will never be a valid reason why someone smokes.

Keep up with the non-smoking dear, it's more attractive. I've always heard, "What guy wants to kiss an ashtray?" or "Who wants to walk by someone who smells of smoke?"
DoDoMie

Post by DoDoMie »

Please,stop somking!! :evil:
That not health for your body.
Do you know disease is close to you?
TzuWen

Post by TzuWen »

STOP SMOKING ! }:
kathyrose

Post by kathyrose »

Smoking causes hair loss, baldness and bad breath smell. It is not good for health and environment too. Hair transplant surgeons recommend quit smoking before and after hair transplant surgeries. The habit delays healing process and recovery after the surgery. {-: