what to do if you have toothache?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Vega, Krisi, EC, Dixie

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

what to do if you have toothache?

Post by Hardi » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:51 pm

My experiences shows that holding cold water in mouth helps very well... What your sugestions?.. Nedle with hot and rusted nail? or shoot with gun? :twisted:

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:07 pm

Go to the dentist. :roll:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Post by Hardi » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:56 am

simplyblessedwithlove I'm disappointed of you. No some vietnamese voodoo.. not but a dead hand into your mouth or something like that.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:23 pm

Hardi wrote:simplyblessedwithlove I'm disappointed of you. No some vietnamese voodoo.. not but a dead hand into your mouth or something like that.
:!??!?!: What is it supposed to mean? Because I'm Asian, I'm supposed to know some voodoo???????

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Post by Hardi » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:32 pm

:D
But seriously.. imagine that in some reason I can't go urgently to dentist.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:54 pm

Instead of brushing my teeth twice a day like I used to be, I'd brush it one or two more times. Then I would keep and bite a small fluff of cotton where the decay tooth is to keep the pain away.

Ordina_Lavender
Silver Member

Salty water.

Post by Ordina_Lavender » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:46 am

My mother tells me to google with salty water to relieve the pain.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Salty water.

Post by Hardi » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:41 pm

Ordina_Lavender wrote:My mother tells me to google with salty water to relieve the pain.
Well my dentist tells me same.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:20 pm

Ordina_Lavender wrote:My mother tells me to google with salty water to relieve the pain.
It's because most bacteria don't like salty or acidic environment.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Post by Hardi » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:28 pm

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:It's because most bacteria don't like salty or acidic environment.
and it suck bacteria and other bad things out.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:47 pm

Hardi wrote:
simplyblessedwithlove wrote:It's because most bacteria don't like salty or acidic environment.
and it suck bacteria and other bad things out.
You still have to go to the dentist, though. :lol:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Post by Hardi » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:11 pm

Yes.. at least, if you don't want lost your tooth in your young age.

Ordina_Lavender
Silver Member

sorry..sorry...

Post by Ordina_Lavender » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:52 am

Hi
I've made a mistake.Actually I want to say gurgle not google..wrong spelling.. :oops: :oops:
Anyway it can kill all the bacteria..
We also can chew the cloves..but I don't like to do that..
It has mints..

Chet Baker
Gold Member

Post by Chet Baker » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:44 am

I have tried it and it worked.

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Post by Shazzam » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:47 am

That actually does work as it is a natural anti-bacterial solution. But the most important thing is to see a DENTIST quick smart to remove the problem that is causing the bacteria. You can actually become very ill if the bacteria gets into your system.

Elba
Gold Member

Post by Elba » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:59 pm

Friends,

Cloves are perfect, but they are better if you put in a little bottle with some rum.
I mean you should put into the bottle the cloves and rum, close it an let in any fresh place for more than 15 days. after that you could use it. It is a recipe of my grandmother. When you need it urgently -in the middle of the night- you would get worried and get hungry because you don´t have cloves.

Simplblessed... People should brush the teeths three times in the day. One timpe after brackfast, lunch and dinner. I used to do it another two time more. When I get up and after I go out of the swimming pool, after that I take breackfast and after breakfast I brush my teeths again.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Post by MissLT » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:18 am

Elba wrote: Simplblessed... People should brush the teeths three times in the day. One timpe after brackfast, lunch and dinner. I used to do it another two time more. When I get up and after I go out of the swimming pool, after that I take breackfast and after breakfast I brush my teeths again.
This is too much brushing. I can't keep up of how many times I'm supposed to brush beside two times a day. If I do more than two times, good for me. But if I don't have time for it then it's no biggie. I don't talk when I'm brushing my teeth and I prefer to talk all the time. Well, except when I'm eating sleeping, reading, doing my personal errands, etc. Hmmm... come to think of it, I don't talk that much :lol: .

juhainah
Silver Member

Post by juhainah » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:48 pm

To gurgle salty water is a good temporal solution as you should go to the dentist sooner or later to avoid the same pain

maleeka

Re: what to do if you have toothache?

Post by maleeka » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:06 pm

personally sometimes when I have a toothache and I can't go to the dentist at that time, especially by night, I put some grains of salt in the tooth at the beginning it's very unbearable but after a while the pains goes, u can also put garlic , it's working !!!! but I suggest that you go and see a doctor and full ur tooth , in this case u will nomore suffer!!!

ANDYTAN
Silver Member

Post by ANDYTAN » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:01 am

Shazzam wrote:That actually does work as it is a natural anti-bacterial solution. But the most important thing is to see a DENTIST quick smart to remove the problem that is causing the bacteria. You can actually become very ill if the bacteria gets into your system.
yes .....I THINK SO YOUR Idea...due to I have it before...begin I ignore ti when it gets into my system ...so it's to late to solve when i see a doctor....at last MY TOOTH LOST.....SO....I want to say you must to see a doctor if you have it ..

TearHere
Gold Member

Post by TearHere » Tue May 23, 2006 8:37 am

this one's kinda weird.. but what my friend did was, he got a cotton bud dipped it in perfume, put it in his tooth.. :? :? i've never tried this coz i find it weird, i asked him if it was effective, he said it was, but a temporary remedy.. and i don't know and i don't think it's dentist recommended(but then i could be wrong..just maybe.. :? ).. he's the weirdest man i've ever known.. :?

metaltoy
Silver Member

Post by metaltoy » Thu May 25, 2006 3:27 pm

I think having a medicine for headache also works on toothache. Please check the usage of your headache cure.
But the best is to go and see a dentist . No one can fix your toothache except for the dentist.
If you don't feel any toothache, that means your tooth die.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Post by Hardi » Fri May 26, 2006 12:58 pm

If U go to dentist, then only good dentist of course. The reason why I had that time so horrible toothache, was that I used a bad dentist before.

If there is simple a hole in tooth, it doesn't make so much ache because pus can find way out. and there is no pressure to nerve. But if a dentist close that hole without cure it before well, Then your hate will be back... At least after 2-3 month it's back.. For me it did first not much pain, I tough maybe it will go away, but after while, maybe year I got so horrible pain. Worst is that, it started on weekend, when dentists are not work. So I had 2 night not to sleep.. and eat aspirin, Aspirin helped well, but it's not good to eat them so much, especially on night to empty stomach.

Anyway I think my tooth are now well.. So far have got something 5 dead tooth, and one tooth cutted out a long time ago..

PS. actually I believe estonian dentists are usually good as elsewhere in europe, it's just that peoples are not so rich. Lot of estonian medicine personal have escape to sweden or finland to have better salary....

And my brother had once 2weeks to suffer of toothate because he had no money for dentist. he inject painkiller him self and went to work. He told that painkiller helped well for pain, but it also made dumb.... which was especially bad for driving car.

metaltoy
Silver Member

Post by metaltoy » Sun May 28, 2006 4:25 pm

I sometimes chew on ice when I have toothache.
Actually, I didn't like any dentists since I was scared of them. When I was a boy ,I felt toothache treatment was sorer than toothache. Maybe the dentist was awful.
I like my dentist now even though his clinic is far from our apartment.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Post by Hardi » Wed May 31, 2006 8:08 pm

Some weird folk things that I have heard..

Find a spruce(maybe other trees are good too) from forrest that have been hitted by light and make a toothpick from wood of that tree.. and dig your tooth with that.

This one I don't remember well. There was needed a rusted nail which was needed to make glowing hot, then dip into honey and tuck into your tooth hole. Maybe there was something more, but those 3 was surely.

This I have heard that really helped, but never try my self. It's but a piece of clove into tooth hole.

PS. I surely don't recommend anyone to try these, especially the second one.

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Post by Dixie » Wed May 31, 2006 8:29 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Elba wrote: Simplblessed... People should brush the teeths three times in the day. One timpe after brackfast, lunch and dinner. I used to do it another two time more. When I get up and after I go out of the swimming pool, after that I take breackfast and after breakfast I brush my teeths again.
This is too much brushing. I can't keep up of how many times I'm supposed to brush beside two times a day. If I do more than two times, good for me. But if I don't have time for it then it's no biggie. I don't talk when I'm brushing my teeth and I prefer to talk all the time. Well, except when I'm eating sleeping, reading, doing my personal errands, etc. Hmmm... come to think of it, I don't talk that much :lol: .
Too much brushing? Just one brush after each meal. I don't think it's too much, I think it's necessary :?

zaman
Gold Member

Post by zaman » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:27 pm

I put grain of carnations between my teeth

martan

articles

Post by martan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:08 am

Read some very effective tips and articles on this site to help you get information
Blue-Green Algae

martan

articles

Post by martan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:36 am

Read some very effective tips and articles on this site to help you get information
Betaine HCL

fly`n`high

Post by fly`n`high » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:09 pm

How do you think, is it real that if I would brush my teeth more than 3-4 times per day then my teeth will getting thinner or will lose the teeth-enamel?
Is it truth?

martan

articles

Post by martan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:13 am

N-Acetyl-Cysteine

martan

Borage Oil

Post by martan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:51 am

Borage Oil
Natrol Borage Oil supplies gamma linolenic and linoleic essential fatty acids (EFA's). It promotes cardiovascular health by incorporating the "good fats" found in this EFA-rich vegetable source.

martan

Tyrosine

Post by martan » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:57 am

Tyrosine
Tyrosine is a nonessential amino acid (protein building block) that the body synthesizes from phenylalanine, another amino acid. Tyrosine's main purpose is to support the formation of neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are important because they carry "messages" from one nerve cell to another and play a vital role in our muscular function.

martan

Resveratrol

Post by martan » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:42 am

Resveratrol
Resveratrol is an excellent antioxidant that may provide nutritive support for heart and cardiovascular health.

martan

Blue-Green Algae

Post by martan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:28 am

Klamath Blue-Green Algae
Source Naturals Blue-Green Algae is wildcrafted and harvested in the prime upper regions of Upper Klamath Lake, Oregon, and is of the highest quality available. Its name comes from the two color pigments it contains: phycocyanin, which is blue, and chlorophyll, which is green. Blue-Green Algae also contains significant levels of vitamins, minerals and rich pigment nutrients.

martan

Quercetin

Post by martan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:18 am

Quercetin
Found in apples, tea, grapes and other foods, quercetin is an antioxidant which can support your immune system. Natrol Quercetin adds a Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex

martan

Facial Care

Post by martan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:13 am

Facial Care
Almond-Aloe Facial Moisturizer with Beta-Liposomes Lightly Scented Formula. The perfect facial moisturizer. Ultra-light, non-greasy and can be worn night or day, and under make-up. Enriched with Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene, Aloe, Soya Sterols and a gentle sunscreen, it helps prevent premature ageing and wrinkling due to dry skin or sun. Protects against the ravaging effects of wind and pollution, and strengthens the skin's own ability to moisturize and defend itself. pH 5.0.

martan

articles

Post by martan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:55 am

Diet & Nutrition

martan

Arthritis Pain Relief

Post by martan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:20 am

wobenzym
Healthy Joints, Improved Mobility, Fibromyalgia Relief, Fibromyalgia Pain Relief, Arthritis Relief, Arthritis Treatment, Arthritis Pain Relief, Arthritis Remedy, Normalized Inflammation, Sports Injury Recuperation, Robust circulation, Healthy Aging.

martan

articles

Post by martan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:31 am

Kudzu

martan

Flaxseed Oil

Post by martan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:09 am

Flaxseed Oil
Jarrow Formulas Certified Organic Flaxseed Oil softgels are the finest source of cold pressed flaxseed oil. These softgels are the richest and purest source of the essential Omega-3 fatty acid, Alpha-Linolenic Acid. The flaxseed oil is extracted from certified organically grown flaxseeds by an expeller press, a cold extraction method that safeguards the special long chain fatty acids from excessive heat.

martan

Cold & Flu Bath

Post by martan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:36 am

Cold & Flu Bath
Cold & Flu Bath - Cold & Flu Bath For a shower apply liberally to the skin and massage muscles and joints. buy Cold & Flu Bath products Abra Therapeutics at HerbMark.

martan

Kombucha Tea Extract

Post by martan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:30 am

Kombucha Tea Extract
Cordyceps sinensis is one of the most valued tonics of Chinese herbalism. In China it is recognized as a premier tonifier for athletes and anyone wanting to support energy and endurance. Planetary Formulas Cordyceps Power CS-4 combines cordyceps standardized extract with other tonifiers such as astragalus and Eleutherococcus senticosus.

martan

ECOMER Shark Liver Oil

Post by martan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:08 am

Ecomer Shark Liver Oil
ECOMER Shark Liver Oil, has the highest natural concentration of Alkylglycerols, an immune system booster found in Greenland Sharks.

martan

ECOMER Shark Liver Oil

Post by martan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:11 am

Ecomer Shark Liver Oil
ECOMER Shark Liver Oil, has the highest natural concentration of Alkylglycerols, an immune system booster found in Greenland Sharks.

martan

Kudzu

Post by martan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:59 am

Kudzu
Kudzu has been revered in the Orient for more than 2000 years. First mentioned in the herbal of the Divine Plowman, Emperor Shen Nong, it is now listed in the Chinese Pharmacopoeia. Helps promote consistent results when used as a part of a pro-active program to overcome detrimental health habits.

martan

Hoodia Gordonii

Post by martan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:24 am

Hoodia Gordonii
To test the Hoodia, morbidly obese people from Leicester, England, were kept in a place as close to prison as it gets. All the volunteers could do was read papers and watch television and eat. Half the group was given Hoodia Gordonii and half was given a placebo. At the end of 15 days, the group on Hoodia had reduced their food intake by 1000 calories a day. Given the average daily diet is around 2200 calories, this was a remarkable success! Another clinical study performed in 18 overweight but healthy males provided statistical evidence that the Hoodia Gordonii extract reduced the average daily calorie intake and reduced body-fat over the 2 week clinical trial period.

martan

5-HTP

Post by martan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:08 pm

5-HTP
Take 1 capsule per day on an empty stomach, or as directed by your qualified health consultant. Do not exceed recommended amount.

martan

Horny Goat Weed

Post by martan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:02 pm

Horny Goat Weed
Horny Goat Weed especially used to support healthy sexual activity and truly lift up my stamina and performance. I recommend Horny Goat Weed to all my friends.

martan

Cholest-Response

Post by martan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:17 pm

Choles-Response
Cholest-Response is a Bio-Aligned formula and part of the Cholesterol Rescue family of products that supports cholesterol wellness by helping to maintain multiple interdependent body organs and systems: heart, blood vessels, nervous system, thyroid, liver and gastrointestinal tract.

martan

NoZovent

Post by martan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:52 pm

Nozovent
NoZovent is a safe, easy to use anti-snoring device that will improve your sleep and create harmony with the significant other in your life. Is someone in your life driving you crazing every night because they can’t stop snoring? They want to stop but just don’t know how to do it. Understandably, they don’t want to do hypnosis or take pills that may have side effects after frequent use.

martan

Dlpa

Post by martan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:05 am

Dlpa
These are proteins that bind to opiate receptor sites in the brain, thereby influencing the perception of discomfort associated with normal physiological processes. By obstructing the action of this enzyme, DPA may extend the life of endorphins and enkephalins, and their positive influence on comfort levels. L-Phenylalanine is the precursor to two neurotransmitters that help support an alert state.

martan

Resveratrol Synergy

Post by martan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:19 am

Resveratrol Synergy
Jarrow Formulas Resveratrol Synergy contains the biologically active flavonoid resveratrol, plus catechins (green tea), anthocyanins (grape skin) and proanthocyanins (OPCs from grape seed). Resveratrol (3,4,5-trihydroxystilbene), extracted from Huzhang (“tiger cane”) root, protects cardiovascular function by promoting circulation. Green Tea contains flavans, Grape Seed OPCs are flavanols (condensed flavans), and Grape Skin contains anthocyanins. These synergistic plant extracts spare vitamin C and protect capillaries.

martan

AHCC

Post by martan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:32 am

AHCC
ImmPower is Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC), developed by combining several species of mushrooms used in traditional Japanese healing to make one, extremely powerful, hybridized mushroom. This hybridized mushroom is grown in a liquid medium containing rice bran and enzymatically modified to be readily absorbable.

martan

graviola extract

Post by martan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:44 am

graviola extract
Graviola (Annona muricata) - Some of the active ingredients documented, researched, and verified in graviola are a group of Annonaceous Acetogenins which are only found in the Annonaceae family to which graviola belongs. These phytochemicals are being researched and patented around the world for their active biological properties and potential uses.

martan

Ocudyne

Post by martan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:58 am

Ocudyne
The OcuDyne formulas were formulated exclusively for NutriCology by Jonathan Wright, M.D. and Alan R. Gaby, M.D. The nutrients contained within each of the OcuDyne formulas support the structure and various functions of the eye. OcuDyne contains prime antioxidants, key amino acids, minerals, bioflavonoids, and extracts of Ginkgo biloba and Bilberry (Viccinium myrtillus). For additional support, combine with Item no. 54600 Lutein, or see the advanced formula, OcuDyne II New and Improved 2005 Formula, Item no. 51080.

martan

Skin Food

Post by martan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:14 pm

Skin Food
The Wellness Family of products is designed to support the immune system when under physical stress. Wellness Formula contains a powerful combination of herbs, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals formulated to boost your well-being.

MooNboy
Gold Member

Post by MooNboy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:31 pm

Hardi wrote:My experiences shows that holding cold water in mouth helps very well... What your sugestions?.. Nedle with hot and rusted nail? or shoot with gun? :twisted:
Take alcohol! :lol:

martan

ZYFLAMEND

Post by martan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:34 am

Zyflamend
ZYFLAMEND greatly help with my husband's back pain. I can't recommend these enough. Just take with your meals to make sure no upset stomach occurs. By the way, I'm quite tiny and easily get upset stomachs from medications. As long as I take these with food, I'm fine.

martan

Celadrin

Post by martan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:06 am

Celadrin
The anti-inflammatory actions of Celadrin have been demonstrated by one double-blind, placebo controlled trial that showed Celadrin, when taken orally at recommended intake levels, decreased pain scores and increased walking distance compared to the group receiving placebo. The authors theorize that Celadrin may work by down-regulating the effect of certain precursors of the body’s inflammatory response.

sak

Post by sak » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:05 pm

Hardi wrote:simplyblessedwithlove I'm disappointed of you. No some vietnamese voodoo.. not but a dead hand into your mouth or something like that.
???????
I'm Vietnamese but i have never heard about this method

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Post by Hardi » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:58 pm

I was kidding with that girl. :lol:

sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Post by sweethuman » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:00 am

Simply gurgle salty water, it works