what to do if you have toothache?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: EC, Dixie

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

what to do if you have toothache?

Postby Hardi » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:51 pm

My experiences shows that holding cold water in mouth helps very well... What your sugestions?.. Nedle with hot and rusted nail? or shoot with gun? :twisted:

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:07 pm

Go to the dentist. :roll:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:56 am

simplyblessedwithlove I'm disappointed of you. No some vietnamese voodoo.. not but a dead hand into your mouth or something like that.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:23 pm

Hardi wrote:simplyblessedwithlove I'm disappointed of you. No some vietnamese voodoo.. not but a dead hand into your mouth or something like that.

:!??!?!: What is it supposed to mean? Because I'm Asian, I'm supposed to know some voodoo???????

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:32 pm

:D
But seriously.. imagine that in some reason I can't go urgently to dentist.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:54 pm

Instead of brushing my teeth twice a day like I used to be, I'd brush it one or two more times. Then I would keep and bite a small fluff of cotton where the decay tooth is to keep the pain away.

Ordina_Lavender
Silver Member

Salty water.

Postby Ordina_Lavender » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:46 am

My mother tells me to google with salty water to relieve the pain.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Salty water.

Postby Hardi » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:41 pm

Ordina_Lavender wrote:My mother tells me to google with salty water to relieve the pain.
Well my dentist tells me same.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:20 pm

Ordina_Lavender wrote:My mother tells me to google with salty water to relieve the pain.

It's because most bacteria don't like salty or acidic environment.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:28 pm

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:It's because most bacteria don't like salty or acidic environment.
and it suck bacteria and other bad things out.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:47 pm

Hardi wrote:
simplyblessedwithlove wrote:It's because most bacteria don't like salty or acidic environment.
and it suck bacteria and other bad things out.

You still have to go to the dentist, though. :lol:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:11 pm

Yes.. at least, if you don't want lost your tooth in your young age.

Ordina_Lavender
Silver Member

sorry..sorry...

Postby Ordina_Lavender » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:52 am

Hi
I've made a mistake.Actually I want to say gurgle not google..wrong spelling.. :oops: :oops:
Anyway it can kill all the bacteria..
We also can chew the cloves..but I don't like to do that..
It has mints..

Chet Baker
Gold Member

Postby Chet Baker » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:44 am

I have tried it and it worked.

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:47 am

That actually does work as it is a natural anti-bacterial solution. But the most important thing is to see a DENTIST quick smart to remove the problem that is causing the bacteria. You can actually become very ill if the bacteria gets into your system.

Elba
Gold Member

Postby Elba » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:59 pm

Friends,

Cloves are perfect, but they are better if you put in a little bottle with some rum.
I mean you should put into the bottle the cloves and rum, close it an let in any fresh place for more than 15 days. after that you could use it. It is a recipe of my grandmother. When you need it urgently -in the middle of the night- you would get worried and get hungry because you don´t have cloves.

Simplblessed... People should brush the teeths three times in the day. One timpe after brackfast, lunch and dinner. I used to do it another two time more. When I get up and after I go out of the swimming pool, after that I take breackfast and after breakfast I brush my teeths again.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:18 am

Elba wrote: Simplblessed... People should brush the teeths three times in the day. One timpe after brackfast, lunch and dinner. I used to do it another two time more. When I get up and after I go out of the swimming pool, after that I take breackfast and after breakfast I brush my teeths again.

This is too much brushing. I can't keep up of how many times I'm supposed to brush beside two times a day. If I do more than two times, good for me. But if I don't have time for it then it's no biggie. I don't talk when I'm brushing my teeth and I prefer to talk all the time. Well, except when I'm eating sleeping, reading, doing my personal errands, etc. Hmmm... come to think of it, I don't talk that much :lol: .

juhainah
Silver Member

Postby juhainah » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:48 pm

To gurgle salty water is a good temporal solution as you should go to the dentist sooner or later to avoid the same pain

maleeka

Re: what to do if you have toothache?

Postby maleeka » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:06 pm

personally sometimes when I have a toothache and I can't go to the dentist at that time, especially by night, I put some grains of salt in the tooth at the beginning it's very unbearable but after a while the pains goes, u can also put garlic , it's working !!!! but I suggest that you go and see a doctor and full ur tooth , in this case u will nomore suffer!!!

ANDYTAN
Silver Member

Postby ANDYTAN » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:01 am

Shazzam wrote:That actually does work as it is a natural anti-bacterial solution. But the most important thing is to see a DENTIST quick smart to remove the problem that is causing the bacteria. You can actually become very ill if the bacteria gets into your system.
yes .....I THINK SO YOUR Idea...due to I have it before...begin I ignore ti when it gets into my system ...so it's to late to solve when i see a doctor....at last MY TOOTH LOST.....SO....I want to say you must to see a doctor if you have it ..

TearHere
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Tue May 23, 2006 8:37 am

this one's kinda weird.. but what my friend did was, he got a cotton bud dipped it in perfume, put it in his tooth.. :? :? i've never tried this coz i find it weird, i asked him if it was effective, he said it was, but a temporary remedy.. and i don't know and i don't think it's dentist recommended(but then i could be wrong..just maybe.. :? ).. he's the weirdest man i've ever known.. :?

Return to “Food & Fitness”