Paella!!

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: EC, Dixie

seMy
Silver Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:14 pm
Location: Catalunya

Postby seMy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:29 pm

do you know "langostinos"? "mejillones"? :)

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:05 pm

seMy wrote:do you know "langostinos"? "mejillones"? :)


You should learn a little vocabulary first, sis.

Langontinos (CAT : llagostins)= prawns

Mejillones (CAT : musclos) = musles

:D 8) :P

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:28 pm

Dixie wrote:
seMy wrote:do you know "langostinos"? "mejillones"? :)


You should learn a little vocabulary first, sis.

Langontinos (CAT : llagostins)= prawns

Mejillones (CAT : musclos) = musles

:D 8) :P


Yes, I know, but did not know (or did forget) in english. Xie-Nie, Dixie !

Mmmm... los frutos del mar !

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

User avatar
Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:58 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby Pirate » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:10 am

Just a notice: please use English only. If you like to chat in Spanish or other languages, feel free to use PM. Thanks

User avatar
pob
Silver Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 7:52 pm
Location: Bilbao

Postby pob » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:31 pm

Actually "paella" is the tool you use for cooking "arroz a la paella" which is the original name of that dish everybody knows and most of people call Paella.

8)
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:18 am

Dixie wrote:
frengo wrote: a mi me gusta mucho mas la paella de mariscos...


Come to my place! You would enjoy my mom's paella... mmmm yummy!!!!!


Excellent! I will give you my address so you can mail me the ticket :lol: :lol: . It might be cheaper if I just get the recipe from her. You know Dixie I have never tried to make paella; I have seen pictures etc and the ones I have seen with prawns look amazing; but I have never tried it. You will have to give me some cooking tips. 8)

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:08 pm

Shazzam wrote:Excellent! I will give you my address so you can mail me the ticket :lol: :lol: . It might be cheaper if I just get the recipe from her. You know Dixie I have never tried to make paella; I have seen pictures etc and the ones I have seen with prawns look amazing; but I have never tried it. You will have to give me some cooking tips. 8)


It's been a while since I last had paella, I really miss it...

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:12 pm

Dixie wrote:
Shazzam wrote:Excellent! I will give you my address so you can mail me the ticket :lol: :lol: . It might be cheaper if I just get the recipe from her. You know Dixie I have never tried to make paella; I have seen pictures etc and the ones I have seen with prawns look amazing; but I have never tried it. You will have to give me some cooking tips. 8)


It's been a while since I last had paella, I really miss it...


Get your Mum to make you some; you lucky thing! :lol: :lol:

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:38 pm

It is never too late for learning (again) cooking paella !

Es siempre tiempo para aprender a cocinar paella !

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.


Return to “Food & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests