WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FAST FOOD?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: EC, Dixie

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:33 pm

shokin wrote:Finally what do you say about a thread where everyone put a "healthy advice" ? where would I put the thread ? (I am not the whole science)

Shokin

I think it could be either in health and fitness or food and drink forums. The topic is related to both food and health. :wink:

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:43 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Shazzam wrote:At last our area has a new food outlet. It is tucked away so I didn't even know that it was there. A NOODLE BAR! Yes !!!!

I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to this weekend. Has anyone been to a noodle bar so you can tell me what to expect. 8)

AND don't say OODLES OF NOODLES!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never been to one. Take a lot of pictures if you're going. Then post it at photobucket so we all can see the food. Also, you can tell us how it's like. Gosh, it would be so good.....*drooling*


I went to the noodle bar, it was yummy. You can have any type you like with any combination. I had singapore noodles with prawns. It was pretty inexpensive too. $9.00 for a large bowl. You can't complain about that. They also served sushi. I think many people are starting to make more sensible choices with takeout in Australia. I have noticed how many people are looking for alternatives to Mcdonalds. It is good to see.

Mind you I think shop owners have to do something about the price of a salad sandwich. This is why so many people choose places like Mcdonalds. $5.00 for a salad sandwich is a joke. :roll:

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:58 am

shokin wrote:
I don't agree with this. I keep and will keep encouraging self-cooking everywhere.

Shokin


I understand what you are saying Shokin and definately it is preferable for people to cook for themselves, however it is all about the choices that you make about fast food. Fast food can be a great thing, it is better to eat something than nothing if you aren't able to cook for yourself. It is the choice that you make about what type of fast food you are going to have and how often you have it. It is a lifestyle choice. The problem is that alot of people ONLY eat fast food. BAD choice. If you only have fast food once a month and you try to select healthy fast food: GOOD choice. 8)

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:31 pm

So... if you are really forced to choose any fast food :?

There maybe be some cheap restaurants with good meals for health.

One pizza with vegetables.

One sandwich with vegetable (and not much sauce).

One kebab :lol: (it is one of my favourite and occasional meals).

Sushis !!!

Chinese rice !!!

You can buy fruits, carots, bred !!!

I miss ideas... I not often buy ready-made meals. And I won't encourage McDollars, BurkerKings or Wallmarde !

Shokin

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:08 pm

shokin wrote:One kebab :lol: (it is one of my favourite and occasional meals).

Sushis !!!


I miss ideas... I not often buy ready-made meals. And I won't encourage McDollars, BurkerKings or Wallmarde !

Shokin


8) Me too Shokin (I love kebabs) if I have fast food that is the choice I would make everytime (1st), second is Sushi (but that is a little harder to get here). :D

ANDYTAN
Silver Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Postby ANDYTAN » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:00 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
shokin wrote: You see : you know my position. :mrgreen:

Fast food is bad for "know-how" in culinary art.

Fast food is more expensive than your own and good buying.

Fast food is rarely good according to the dieteticians.

Fast food is a picture of our society, too fast (and furious :lol: ).

Shokin

Although fast food is bad for our health, it still is a part of a culture, American culture. It's a part of innovation and diffusion of culture. Before, fast food was not that popular since family time during dinner was expected and valued; however, the traditions have changed. People nowadays are more busy with work and stuff; therefore, we need something fast and cheap. Fast food is the answer. It's spread all over the North America and Europe; now it's going for Asia. Study has shown that Asian kids are getting fatter because of fast food. It's something to study or learn about. no need to go against for, I suppose. I don't vote for or against fast food. It's come and it will go.
Wow!! I can't believe that as the fast food which would be regard as a part of culture.. :P indeed, amerrican is famous for fast food. such as KFC and MDL ..their's ad appear in all over the place.( no only in the TV BUT also in public truck) . we always can see that ad when after school. as you know , kids must request their parent take he or her to eat it when they see the ad . sometime I feel that the ad's influence so huge from I see of fact. if you ask me who's better of the fast food ..i would choose the KFC which just I so favor the drumstick . I must order it when I come in the KFC everytime .. :lol: but in fact , chinese main of food is rice. so went to eat the fast food's the crowd which parts of the children . as in my opinion , I claim TO object the fast food .. because it isn't good for the health. I personly think we can to eat .but can't eat it everyday.

ANDYTAN
Silver Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Postby ANDYTAN » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:00 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
shokin wrote: You see : you know my position. :mrgreen:

Fast food is bad for "know-how" in culinary art.

Fast food is more expensive than your own and good buying.

Fast food is rarely good according to the dieteticians.

Fast food is a picture of our society, too fast (and furious :lol: ).

Shokin

Although fast food is bad for our health, it still is a part of a culture, American culture. It's a part of innovation and diffusion of culture. Before, fast food was not that popular since family time during dinner was expected and valued; however, the traditions have changed. People nowadays are more busy with work and stuff; therefore, we need something fast and cheap. Fast food is the answer. It's spread all over the North America and Europe; now it's going for Asia. Study has shown that Asian kids are getting fatter because of fast food. It's something to study or learn about. no need to go against for, I suppose. I don't vote for or against fast food. It's come and it will go.
Wow!! I can't believe that as the fast food which would be regard as a part of culture.. :P indeed, amerrican is famous for fast food. such as KFC and MDL ..their's ad appear in all over the place.( no only in the TV BUT also in public truck) . we always can see that ad when after school. as you know , kids must request their parent take he or her to eat it when they see the ad . sometime I feel that the ad's influence so huge from I see of fact. if you ask me who's better of the fast food ..i would choose the KFC which just I so favor the drumstick . I must order it when I come in the KFC everytime .. :lol: but in fact , chinese main of food is rice. so went to eat the fast food's the crowd which parts of the children . as in my opinion , I claim TO object the fast food .. because it isn't good for the health. I personly think we can to eat .but can't eat it everyday.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:34 am

ANDYTAN wrote:
Wow!! I can't believe that as the fast food which would be regard as a part of culture.. :P indeed, amerrican is famous for fast food. such as KFC and MDL ..their's ad appear in all over the place.( no only in the TV BUT also in public truck) .

When a person asks you what is American food, what would you say? I bet the chance that fast food pops in your mind is really high. Indeed it is of American culture. Other cusines we have in America are not really American food since Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filippino, etc. are from other cultures and not American's. We can't say those cuisines are of American culture even if they are made in America. So what if they are made in America?

ANDYTAN
Silver Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Postby ANDYTAN » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:02 am

LennyeTran wrote:
ANDYTAN wrote:
Wow!! I can't believe that as the fast food which would be regard as a part of culture.. :P indeed, amerrican is famous for fast food. such as KFC and MDL ..their's ad appear in all over the place.( no only in the TV BUT also in public truck) .

When a person asks you what is American food, what would you say? I bet the chance that fast food pops in your mind is really high. Indeed it is of American culture. Other cusines we have in America are not really American food since Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filippino, etc. are from other cultures and not American's. We can't say those cuisines are of American culture even if they are made in America. So what if they are made in America?
yes.. I would think of fast food the frist time if person mention the Amercan food.. because let us know about the american 's culture just fast food in china.. I can't know american's dieteticly culture except fast food.. above you mention other counrty's dieteticly culture entry into amrican which didn't say cuisines are of amerrican culture.. it also appear in china.. but so waht ?? I believe it will suitable of every country culture when they come in ...

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:48 am

ANDYTAN wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:
ANDYTAN wrote:
Wow!! I can't believe that as the fast food which would be regard as a part of culture.. :P indeed, amerrican is famous for fast food. such as KFC and MDL ..their's ad appear in all over the place.( no only in the TV BUT also in public truck) .

When a person asks you what is American food, what would you say? I bet the chance that fast food pops in your mind is really high. Indeed it is of American culture. Other cusines we have in America are not really American food since Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filippino, etc. are from other cultures and not American's. We can't say those cuisines are of American culture even if they are made in America. So what if they are made in America?
yes.. I would think of fast food the frist time if person mention the Amercan food.. because let us know about the american 's culture just fast food in china.. I can't know american's dieteticly culture except fast food.. above you mention other counrty's dieteticly culture entry into amrican which didn't say cuisines are of amerrican culture.. it also appear in china.. but so waht ?? I believe it will suitable of every country culture when they come in ...


I do agree with you that when you think of American cuisine you think of their fast food outlets. However they do have some defined classic foods in America. For example home-made southern fried chicken (obviously Colonel Sanders ran with this one hence we now have KFC). I have heard of only a few recipes that remind me of America (like corn bread). Lenny maybe you could tell us some other traditional American food. 8)

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:58 pm

Shazzam wrote: I do agree with you that when you think of American cuisine you think of their fast food outlets. However they do have some defined classic foods in America. For example home-made southern fried chicken (obviously Colonel Sanders ran with this one hence we now have KFC). I have heard of only a few recipes that remind me of America (like corn bread). Lenny maybe you could tell us some other traditional American food. 8)

I can only think of the Thanksgiving dinner as the traditional American cuisine. I searched it at wikipedia and look at it,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cuisine

ANDYTAN
Silver Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Postby ANDYTAN » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:30 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Shazzam wrote: I do agree with you that when you think of American cuisine you think of their fast food outlets. However they do have some defined classic foods in America. For example home-made southern fried chicken (obviously Colonel Sanders ran with this one hence we now have KFC). I have heard of only a few recipes that remind me of America (like corn bread). Lenny maybe you could tell us some other traditional American food. 8)

I can only think of the Thanksgiving dinner as the traditional American cuisine. I searched it at wikipedia and look at it,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cuisine
wow! your sent out the websit so cool and we can found that so many food in there....but the fact's the american' s food would let too much people change fat( it's so quickly) hehehe...so,I didn't like to eat the fast food at all....except my friends ask me to eat ...

ANDYTAN
Silver Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Postby ANDYTAN » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:06 am

LennyeTran wrote:
shokin wrote:Encourage people to think about their health instead of only about time and money.

The purpose/goal/aim is not to do the most things.

I did not know that it was in any culture to cook nothing but to be given a ready meal. That is the great pity.

Shokin

Although time and money play a big factor to the cause of fast food's growth, but there are important factors go along with it as well. I, myself, don't eat fast food on a regular day. I don't eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner like others because it's not healthy; however, sometimes I have to give myself to it. Why? It's because most fast food restaurants open late at night. Whenever I go out late at night with my cousins and friends, we would stop for In-n-Out burgers (this is the best, by the way), Wendy, Burger King, or Mcdonalds, etc afterwards. It's good to eat something after hanging out with people you love. You might ask why not coming home and cook a meal since it's better and healthy? Well, it's about the mood and convenience. If you wait for a meal to be cooked at home, you're probably too sleepy to eat or not in the mood to eat anymore. Thus, that's why fast food restaurants are crowded at night because they're right on the way whenever people need to stop by. At 1 in the morning and the In-n-Out burger place we went last time was still crowded, in the store and at the drive thru. When we were in line, it was 10 cars ahead of us.
Additionally, it's also the reason why it's a part of a culture. We didn't have fast food restaurants in the past, but maybe people who saw this "man, I wanna eat something, but nothing is open late at night." They saw it as a way of doing business; therefore, fast food restaurants were open. It was a big change in our society. That's why I said it's an innovation and diffusion since we created it ourselves, and it's diffused to our culture without force.
Moreover, fast food restaurants in the States have playgrounds and toys for kid's meals. When you're on a trip and you don't want your kids to make a mess, you'll give them fast food meals. They love it, they'll eat it and they won't nag since they'll be full. Also, they could play with the toys in the car. Eating home-cooked meals in the car is just too messy. Don't forget to mention you have to wash the dishes afterwards. For fast food meals, you just throw the wrappers away.
Anyway, it's easy for you to say not to do something since you don't have trouble of not doing it yet. Just wait when.... well, just wait and you'll see :wink: .
hi..guy...I completeness agree with you...

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Fri May 05, 2006 8:14 am

There are heaps of healthy alternatives that you can make at home. For example I love my homemade Shurwarma's and they are healthy and you only need one hand to eat them. Lots of salad and turkish bread. Yummmmo

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Fri May 05, 2006 8:29 am

You can prepare your own meal each day before !

It's cheaper.
It's better for your health.
It's better for your culinary know-how.
It's better for your self-satisfaction (and your self-confidence).
It's better for nature.

Shokin

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Fri May 05, 2006 1:24 pm

iT'S ALSO BETTER FOR YOUR WALLET :lol:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Fri May 05, 2006 7:36 pm

Shazzam wrote:There are heaps of healthy alternatives that you can make at home. For example I love my homemade Shurwarma's and they are healthy and you only need one hand to eat them. Lots of salad and turkish bread. Yummmmo


What's Shurwarma?

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Wed May 24, 2006 4:22 am

Dixie wrote:
Shazzam wrote:There are heaps of healthy alternatives that you can make at home. For example I love my homemade Shurwarma's and they are healthy and you only need one hand to eat them. Lots of salad and turkish bread. Yummmmo


What's Shurwarma?


I probably didn't spell it write but basically it is a lebanese food; it is a mixture of meats wrapped up in lebanese bread, with tabouli, salad, homus, chilli, cheese etc. They are so yum and you can pick what you want on them. :)

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Wed May 24, 2006 8:48 am

Shazzam wrote:I probably didn't spell it write but basically it is a lebanese food; it is a mixture of meats wrapped up in lebanese bread, with tabouli, salad, homus, chilli, cheese etc. They are so yum and you can pick what you want on them. :)


Sounds very similar to kebab :D yummy!


Return to “Food & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests