Would you give up eating meats …?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Would you give up eating meats …?

Post by vince90 »

Would you give up eating meats to become a vegetarian for improving your health?

I wouldn’t. Unless meats are serous problem to my health, then I have no choice.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

oh I thought the whole vegetarian thing was about not eating meat because of killing innocent animals. I have a mate who has not been eating any meat for 6 years... she does it because she loves animals so much she says eating meat is intoletant of them... I don't really agree with it. Eating meat is healthy. meat contains a lot of significant vitamins and protein or else. (sorry im not good at biology lol) anyway I dont think we can reduce the amount of killing for meat animals by just not eating meat, so why should we stop eating as good as meat?
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I rarely eat meat.

If I decided to stop totally eating meat, it would be more for animals and biodiversity than for my health.

And it is not necessary to eat meat for having a good health (if you have finished growing).

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

illusion wrote:oh I thought the whole vegetarian thing was about not eating meat because of killing innocent animals. I have a mate who has not been eating any meat for 6 years... she does it because she loves animals so much she says eating meat is intoletant of them... I don't really agree with it. Eating meat is healthy. meat contains a lot of significant vitamins and protein or else. (sorry im not good at biology lol) anyway I dont think we can reduce the amount of killing for meat animals by just not eating meat, so why should we stop eating as good as meat?
Not anymore. I saw more people become vegetarian for health purpose now. The big reason is to prevent or reduce cholesterol comes from meats (Especially red meats).
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

oh how egoistic LoL I thought people cared more about animals than their own health whereas in fact it's the other way round. Anyway I don't care much about eating healthy. It's just too much trouble with knowing what's good or what's not and check everything twice before you put that in your mouth... I dont like read meat anyway...;-)
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

illusion wrote:oh how egoistic LoL I thought people cared more about animals than their own health whereas in fact it's the other way round. Anyway I don't care much about eating healthy. It's just too much trouble with knowing what's good or what's not and check everything twice before you put that in your mouth... I dont like read meat anyway...;-)

I do the same. I don’t care much about what I eat. So I eat what I like.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

it's good. at least we're both happy without having to worry about our intake :p
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Would you give up eating meats …?

Post by pob »

vince90 wrote:Would you give up eating meats to become a vegetarian...

for improving your health?
If you want to become a vegetarian, you must give up eating meats... :D

So the question is giving up eating meats for improving your health?
Why not? After love, health is the most important thing in our lives... so we should give up eating anything if our health needs that behaviour from us. :wink:
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)