COLON TUMORS - Does anyone know anything about treatment?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

COLON TUMORS - Does anyone know anything about treatment?

Post by Shazzam »

My father has recently come out of hospital after surgery to remove a tumor from his colon. I don't know very much about this disease and my father is being very tight lipped with the family about treatment. Can anyone shed some light on this type of tumor. We don't know if the tumor was begnine or malignant. We do know that the tumor was removed by surgery.

Does anyone know the difference in treatment between the two ; i.e. begnine, milignant.

Any information would be great so come on your medical students out there. :lol:
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by frengo »

Shazzam, first of all I'm very sorry for your father... I hope hell'be better soon.
Then, I must say that I can't believe you (and your family) have not been informed from the doctors about your father's situation! They must give you all the information you want, it's one or their duties! You should go back to the hospital to speak with those who cured your father, and force them to give you all the details... good luck!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Shazzam, I totally support Frengo's opinion. Go talk to the doctors, they owe you an explanation, it's their duty. Hope your dad's OK.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

frengo wrote:Shazzam, first of all I'm very sorry for your father... I hope hell'be better soon.
Then, I must say that I can't believe you (and your family) have not been informed from the doctors about your father's situation! They must give you all the information you want, it's one or their duties! You should go back to the hospital to speak with those who cured your father, and force them to give you all the details... good luck!
My father and I have been estranged for many years. He has been divorced from my mother for about 30 years. I was only very young when they divorced. He hasn't had much to do with us since. I found this information out from my eldest brother. My father has denied me access to just about everything. That is why i'm asking people about this condition.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I'm sorry Shazzam. Of course I thought it strange. If you've been apart for so long then I understand. I'm sorry, though, for not being able to help you out.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:I'm sorry Shazzam. Of course I thought it strange. If you've been apart for so long then I understand. I'm sorry, though, for not being able to help you out.
Thanks anyway Dixie. Maybe RR Could help?

I have managed to get some information off the net but it is very confusing. I will just have to keep looking.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

shazzam1452 wrote: Thanks anyway Dixie. Maybe RR Could help?
I'm sure about it, she's a doctor :idea:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: Thanks anyway Dixie. Maybe RR Could help?
I'm sure about it, she's a doctor :idea:
Hi Dixie,

Just wanted to let you know that I found out how they treat this in the initial stages.

'Removal of the tumor' followed by a short course of Chemotherapy (or radiation) only as a precaution.'

Just thought I would let you know, he has had the chemotherapy and it was only for one week. Everything is looking fine (from what I have heard). So everything is all good! 8)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

shazzam1452 wrote:Hi Dixie,

Just wanted to let you know that I found out how they treat this in the initial stages.

'Removal of the tumor' followed by a short course of Chemotherapy (or radiation) only as a precaution.'

Just thought I would let you know, he has had the chemotherapy and it was only for one week. Everything is looking fine (from what I have heard). So everything is all good! 8)
Hey Sharon, glad to read that!! :D Cheers :!: