Chewing gums

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Vega, Krisi, EC, Dixie

Post Reply

Do you love them?

Yes
9
56%
No
7
44%
 
Total votes: 16

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Chewing gums

Post by MissLT » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:12 am

Do you love them?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:13 am

I love them. I usually eat them when I'm bored or nervous.

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Post by ahmads » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:48 pm

No I don't love them ............

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Post by ahmads » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:54 pm

I forgot somthing
when I be nervous ,I just break many plates on the floor,,,hhhh(kidding)
I make a cup of coffee when I be nervous:lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:18 am

ahmads wrote:No I don't love them ............
Why don't you love them? What's wrong with them that makes you don't love them? Why not, why not, why not, why not???? :?

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Post by ahmads » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:01 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
ahmads wrote:No I don't love them ............
Why don't you love them? What's wrong with them that makes you don't love them? Why not, why not, why not, why not???? :?
I don't know Why? :roll:
but If you want to gift me one ,I will take it

vince90
Gold Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:20 pm

Do you know chewing gums was a crime in Singapore? Now they lifted it after 12 years banning of chewing gums. However it’s only for registered users and people who break the rules will be fined and go to jail. It sounds stupid laws to me.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:24 pm

vince90 wrote:Do you know chewing gums was a crime in Singapore? Now they lifted it after 12 years banning of chewing gums. However it’s only for registered users and people who break the rules will be fined and go to jail. It sounds stupid laws to me.
:shock: Are you serious?

vince90
Gold Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:42 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote:Do you know chewing gums was a crime in Singapore? Now they lifted it after 12 years banning of chewing gums. However it’s only for registered users and people who break the rules will be fined and go to jail. It sounds stupid laws to me.
:shock: Are you serious?
Yes I am Lenny. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3512498.stm

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:19 am

vince90 wrote:
Yes I am Lenny. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3512498.stm
A law for not chewing gums? This is just too much like our Madame Nhu made a law that no one could dance during her time. I think I'm hearing cuckooooooooooooooooooooooo train is coming... :roll:

kamiya
Silver Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:18 am
Location: Hanoi
Contact:

Re: Chewing gums

Post by kamiya » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:14 am

LennyeTran wrote:Do you love them?
sometimes yes, sometimes no.
i chew it when i feel sad or nervous. but i feel very annoyed when seeing someone threws it at the streets.
ayimak

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:59 pm

Elkie wrote:I'm not a big fan of gum but i don't mind eating it once in a while just to freshen up my mouth. Gum is good stuff helps to exercise your mouth work haha if you know what i meam.
Some girls eat it to lose weight :roll: .

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:06 pm

LennyeTran wrote: Some girls eat it to lose weight :roll: .
I heard somewhere that chewing gums make the contrary effect: you inhale too much air, thus gaining weight. I don't know if that's true, though.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:21 pm

Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: Some girls eat it to lose weight :roll: .
I heard somewhere that chewing gums make the contrary effect: you inhale too much air, thus gaining weight. I don't know if that's true, though.
I meant is that there are some girls who are afraid that eating would make them gain weight; therefore, they choose to chew gums. Gums don't contain much calories. Only about 5-15 calories and no fats. After a while this habit is considered as a psychological disorder, for a girl is being too obsessed with her body figure; she could literally damage it by choosing gums as her priority nutrients. I've seen some girls chew gums all day and eat nothing. It's sick!

User avatar
Lalee
Platinum Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Peru

Post by Lalee » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:18 pm

When little, I used to love them but once I had a nightmare about them, I don't eat them often.
I fell asleep and I forgot to spit it out. Then I dreamed that I was choking with it. It was horrible.
I think my parents were glad that I stopped chewing them because my chew gums were stuck everywhere. I'd leave them under the table, on one side of my plate, under my bed, etc. :oops:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:49 pm

During my two last years in high school, my class timetable was from 8am to 2:30pm. There was a time when I used to have a chewing gum right before starting the class at 8 and didn't throw it away until I went home at 2:30.

Gross or what? :D

User avatar
Lalee
Platinum Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Peru

Post by Lalee » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:57 pm

Dixie wrote: Gross or what? :D
Kind of.
Sometimes I'd start chewing gum in the morning and when it was lunch time, I'd put it on my side of my plate and when I was done eating, I'd put it into my mouth again.
Grosser??
I guess I just wanted to eat only one piece of gum per day and make them last longer. :oops:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:13 pm

Lalee wrote: Sometimes I'd start chewing gum in the morning and when it was lunch time, I'd put it on my side of my plate and when I was done eating, I'd put it into my mouth again.
Grosser??
Kind of!!! :lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:58 pm

Lalee wrote:my chew gums were stuck everywhere. I'd leave them under the table, on one side of my plate, under my bed, etc. :oops:
Aren't you lucky that you weren't my child? :wink:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:03 pm

Dixie wrote:
Lalee wrote: Sometimes I'd start chewing gum in the morning and when it was lunch time, I'd put it on my side of my plate and when I was done eating, I'd put it into my mouth again.
Grosser??
Kind of!!! :lol:
I saw some girls in my high school shared their gums together, and I mean as in one girl was chewing it and then spit it out for another girl to chew.

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Post by ahmads » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:06 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Dixie wrote:
Lalee wrote: Sometimes I'd start chewing gum in the morning and when it was lunch time, I'd put it on my side of my plate and when I was done eating, I'd put it into my mouth again.
Grosser??
Kind of!!! :lol:
I saw some girls in my high school shared their gums together, and I mean as in one girl was chewing it and then spit it out for another girl to chew.
kh kh,,,wwwww
I don't eat anything now,,,thank you god

User avatar
Lalee
Platinum Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Peru

Post by Lalee » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:14 pm

LennyeTran wrote: I saw some girls in my high school shared their gums together, and I mean as in one girl was chewing it and then spit it out for another girl to chew.
:shock: That's disgusting!

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:18 pm

LennyeTran wrote: I saw some girls in my high school shared their gums together, and I mean as in one girl was chewing it and then spit it out for another girl to chew.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:21 pm

Lalee wrote: :shock: That's disgusting!
My cousin sometime sticks her gums on the table and then forgets about them. When she comes back (hours after), she would be like, "hey, my gum!" and she put it back in her mouth.

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Post by ahmads » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:21 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Dixie wrote:
Lalee wrote: Sometimes I'd start chewing gum in the morning and when it was lunch time, I'd put it on my side of my plate and when I was done eating, I'd put it into my mouth again.
Grosser??
Kind of!!! :lol:
I saw some girls in my high school shared their gums together, and I mean as in one girl was chewing it and then spit it out for another girl to chew.
I able to vomit ,,
specially when the girls who you talked about have big toothes
and on their teeth there is a piece of meat that they ate it two days ago :lol: :lol:
sorry :lol:

User avatar
Lalee
Platinum Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Peru

Post by Lalee » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:23 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Lalee wrote: :shock: That's disgusting!
My cousin sometime sticks her gums on the table and then forgets about them. When she comes back (hours after), she would be like, "hey, my gum!" and she put it back in her mouth.
I used to do that too and it's not too bad. I mean, you know what you're putting into your mouth has been only chewed by you. :D

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:28 pm

Lalee wrote: I used to do that too and it's not too bad. I mean, you know what you're putting into your mouth has been only chewed by you. :D
But it's been sitting uncovered. Dust, bacteria, germs, etc. will get on your unattended gum.

User avatar
michellelee
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:03 am
Location: China

Post by michellelee » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:26 am

:? OH~~~ disgust~~~~~

User avatar
hoangthuong
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:12 am
Location: VIET NAM

Post by hoangthuong » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:02 am

in my country, most of children and teenages like them,so do I and I think it makes me feel more comfortable and reduce stress

User avatar
hoangthuong
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:12 am
Location: VIET NAM

Post by hoangthuong » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:03 am

do u know what are they made from?????????

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland

Post by illusion » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:03 am

I love chewing gums!!! I love the popping sound when I make a gum baloon lol

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:48 pm

hoangthuong wrote:do u know what are they made from?????????
Here you go, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewing_gum

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:50 pm

illusion wrote:I love chewing gums!!! I love the popping sound when I make a gum baloon lol
I used to do that in classes in my high school years. Those classes were boring, so whenever the teachers turned to the board, I would make some popping noises. Then I'd hide the gum underneath my tongue pretending nothing had happened. :P

User avatar
Einbow
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Osaka, JP

Post by Einbow » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:00 pm

Yes I love Chewing gums
When i at the office and need relax, i eating Chewing gums always
Maybe Chewing gums good for teeth!

Einbow

User avatar
JainaSolo
Silver Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:34 pm
Location: Florence,Italy

Post by JainaSolo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:29 pm

Einbow wrote:Yes I love Chewing gums

Maybe Chewing gums good for teeth!

Einbow
Uhm, I'm not sure, I think that it depends on the kind of chewing gum.Some of them which contain sugar for example aren't good and I'm sure no dentist would ever recommend them :D
I love them , especially cinnamon gums, mmm...:roll:

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: Chewing gums

Post by sweethuman » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:07 am

Yes I do, Girls look much prettier while chewing gums ( My Point of veiw)

Post Reply