Cocktails ~ Which one is your favorite?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Cocktails ~ Which one is your favorite?

Post by Shazzam »

Hopefully summer will arrive in Australia sometime this week. You wouldn't know it because the draught has broken and the heavens have been raining down on us for two weeks :evil: . :lol: :lol: :lol:

ANYWAY
once summer arrives I love to have a cocktail or mocktail from time to time. My favorite is PINA COLADA (yummy). There are some really strange cocktails now I have noticed all the different combinations when I have been down at my local pub.

We thought it was strange when you could buy a "orgasm on the beach" or a "harvey wall-banger". :lol: :lol:

What is your favorite cocktail/mocktail? :idea: :?:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

What's a mocktail? :D

PS: Summer? OMG... Winter is approaching here. It's getting colder and colder every day... It's weird to think that it's summer in some parts of the world 8)
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Margarita and Bahama Mama. Winter is here too. It's cold!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Cosmopolitan and Mojito for me. These are the only drinks that I know since I don't drink.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:Cosmopolitan and Mojito for me. These are the only drinks that I know since I don't drink.
Mojito :?: I have never heard of this one, what is in it Lenny :?:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:What's a mocktail? :D

PS: Summer? OMG... Winter is approaching here. It's getting colder and colder every day... It's weird to think that it's summer in some parts of the world 8)
A mocktail is a cocktail without the alcohol (to me they are just an overdressed smoothy)... :lol: :lol:
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:Cosmopolitan and Mojito for me. These are the only drinks that I know since I don't drink.
I like Cosmo too.
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Shazzam wrote:
Dixie wrote:What's a mocktail? :D

A mocktail is a cocktail without the alcohol (to me they are just an overdressed smoothy)... :lol: :lol:
We call it Virgin Cocktail in America.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:
Mojito :?: I have never heard of this one, what is in it Lenny :?:
Some cocktail that has mint leaves in it. It tastes like mint tea with wine. Quite interesting. I got it and Cosmopolitan during my birthday dinner with my boyfriend; that's why I remember it. Normally, I don't drink nor smoke. Not even a cocktail. (I'm really boring, eh?)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote:
I've heard my cousins usually called a virgin Pina Colada as their drinks during a party. Is it this one? :?
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote:
I've heard my cousins usually called a virgin Pina Colada as their drinks during a party. Is it this one? :?
Yes it is. Exactly Pina Colada without rum. You can call it “sinh to Pina Colada” in Vietnamese. :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote:
Yes it is. Exactly Pina Colada without rum. You can call it “sinh to Pina Colada” in Vietnamese. :D
Really? I never knew it. Thanks, Vince. I thought it's always involved with fruits. :lol:
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote:
Really? I never knew it. Thanks, Vince. I thought it's always involved with fruits. :lol:
Just kidding Lenny! To me virgin Pina Colada tastes like “sinh to“. :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote: Just kidding Lenny! To me virgin Pina Colada tastes like “sinh to“. :D
No wonder. Anyway, have you ever tried to make pina colada with strawberries? I know it sounds weird, but it ended up tasting good the last time my cousin made it. :lol:
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote: Just kidding Lenny! To me virgin Pina Colada tastes like “sinh to“. :D
No wonder. Anyway, have you ever tried to make pina colada with strawberries? I know it sounds weird, but it ended up tasting good the last time my cousin made it. :lol:
No I have not. It sounds yummy. I love strawberries. It could go weel with other flavors.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote:
No I have not. It sounds yummy. I love strawberries. It could go weel with other flavors.
You could put vodka and rum in icy and slurpy, too. It tastes pretty good.