Do you like cooking?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

minasyu

Do you like cooking?

Post by minasyu »

I like to cook because I want to let others eat my cooking products. I want to see their face with a smile when they feel my foods are tasty and good. I would feel happy when I see their smile and eating happily. Since those foods are being cooked by my hard, heart and love. I hope that they can feel it.

However, I do not like to clean and wash the dishes and tools. It is because those dishes and tools are oily and dirty. They are different to clean and wash.

Therefore, I always have the problem of cook and clean. I love cook, but I hate clean.
Triumph
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Triumph »

I like to learn cooking but it is quite difficult for me. Even though I have an excellent teacher, my Dad, I still can't cook well. :lol: :lol:
kamiya

Post by kamiya »

i'm agree with minasyu, i love cooking, but i hate cleaning.
ayimak
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

kamiya wrote:i'm agree with minasyu, i love cooking, but i hate cleaning.
Yeah me too, that's the bad thing about cooking :lol: The same happens when you throw a party 8) You have to clean afterwards :lol: So if you want something... it will cost you :roll: 8)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:
Yeah me too, that's the bad thing about cooking :lol: The same happens when you throw a party 8) You have to clean afterwards :lol: So if you want something... it will cost you :roll: 8)
I love cooking, but I have to be in the mood and have the right ingredients. :wink: As for the cleaning up; that is my children's job. :lol: :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Cooking is better :

for budget
for culinary knwo-how
for ecology
for gustative sense
for self-confidence and satisfaction
for communication

and

moreover :

I like cooking, too !

Shokin
takeshi

Post by takeshi »

i like cooking and enjoy watching some cooking program.but i still haven't sense to cook a dish which can be served on the table.
in south china--canton and hk,there is a expression--wife who wants to grab hold of ur husband firstly occupies his stomach by nice cooking.
girls,who want to be a qualitied wife in the future,learn cooking from now on!
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

takeshi wrote:in south china--canton and hk,there is a expression--wife who wants to grab hold of ur husband firstly occupies his stomach by nice cooking.

Hear ! hear ! :lol: exactly what my mom was telling me all the time ! *giggles*

and i never try cooking before i reached to 27 !! :lol:( i know its a shame !!LOL !! :lol: ) but well when i saw i have no way except cooking my own food i started to look for a recipes and learned most of the Persian foods later :wink: :lol:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Anahita wrote:
takeshi wrote:in south china--canton and hk,there is a expression--wife who wants to grab hold of ur husband firstly occupies his stomach by nice cooking.

and i never try cooking before i reached to 27 !! :lol:( i know its a shame !!LOL !! :lol: ) but well when i saw i have no way except cooking my own food i started to look for a recipes and learned most of the Persian foods later :wink: :lol:
Wow I can't believe you were 27 before you tried to cook. Didn't you take cooking at school, or cook with you mum at home :?: :shock: I started cooking when I was about 6 years old at home with my Mum. I used to love being in the kitchen watching her. 8)
takeshi

Post by takeshi »

I used to love being in the kitchen watching her. 8)
I AGREE!!I LIKE TAKKING WITH MY MOM AT THAT TIME.I THINK THAT IS A GOOD TIMING TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER AND I CAN "STEAL" HER COOKING SKILL HEHEHE
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

Shazzam wrote: Wow I can't believe you were 27 before you tried to cook. Didn't you take cooking at school, or cook with you mum at home :?: :shock: I started cooking when I was about 6 years old at home with my Mum. I used to love being in the kitchen watching her. 8)

lol , i know its a little bit unusual :wink: ( specially for a girl who like sweets and delicious foods so much ! :lol: ) my mom was a great cook and infact she started my training from when i was 10 but after i did a mistake and put the kitchen almost in fire ! :lol: i was so frightened that i decided to never come back to that place ! who knows if she was still alive i never had a gut to go back to that burning room full of large pots ! :lol: but oh well , it wasnt that bad really cause i learned how to cook for my family just in few months and now they like my cooking style ! :D 8)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Anahita wrote:
Shazzam wrote: Wow I can't believe you were 27 before you tried to cook. Didn't you take cooking at school, or cook with you mum at home :?: :shock: I started cooking when I was about 6 years old at home with my Mum. I used to love being in the kitchen watching her. 8)

lol , i know its a little bit unusual :wink: ( specially for a girl who like sweets and delicious foods so much ! :lol: ) my mom was a great cook and infact she started my training from when i was 10 but after i did a mistake and put the kitchen almost in fire ! :lol: i was so frightened that i decided to never come back to that place ! who knows if she was still alive i never had a gut to go back to that burning room full of large pots ! :lol: but oh well , it wasnt that bad really cause i learned how to cook for my family just in few months and now they like my cooking style ! :D 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: One of my sons nearly burnt down his brother's kitchen trying to cook chips. So I know what you mean. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm so glad that you cook now though. 8) Do you like cooking? What are some of the dishes that you like to cook? :?:
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

Shazzam wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: One of my sons nearly burnt down his brother's kitchen trying to cook chips. So I know what you mean. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm so glad that you cook now though. 8) Do you like cooking? What are some of the dishes that you like to cook? :?:

Thanks Shazzam :D well i like cooking ,also reading cooking books and trying new recipes , making delicious salads but most of all i love to cook sweets and cakes , making traditional Persian ice cream ( although its really hard , i always failing it :oops: but still cant resist trying making it ! :D ) and ofcourse my brother's favorite dish which is my speciality :D Khoresht Fesenjan , a Persian dish which is being made with chicken pieces , ground walnuts , rice and pomegranate juice.
ANDYTAN

Post by ANDYTAN »

Shazzam wrote:
Anahita wrote:

Wow I can't believe you were 27 before you tried to cook. Didn't you take cooking at school, or cook with you mum at home :?: :shock: I started cooking when I was about 6 years old at home with my Mum. I used to love being in the kitchen watching her. 8)
wow!! I 'm very interested in you talking about the cook..even I'm body ,but I'm so like to cook.. i would very happy when I watch somebody which to cook from the TV !! :lol: maybe I enjoy to eat and leading to I also like to cook for myself... I remember I touch the cook first at the age of ten. I born in so poor's country of china and all of kids were requested to know of work and cook... I learn cooking from my morther. I even can't eat a little when i try to cook from the frist time... but I can good of control at last... now ..I would invite my friends to myhome and I would cook it by myself when have happey or festival's coming!! the main reason of I enjoy it ...as you mention the clear up isscue.. I never mind to do that .....rearly!! :lol: ..
estudent

estudent

Post by estudent »

i love eating, and even i love to cook, although i am a good cooker yet. well, i thought about it what i was going to do after my high school; which is going to culinary school. however i did not went. :wink:
imanakbar

Post by imanakbar »

Anahita wrote:
Shazzam wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: One of my sons nearly burnt down his brother's kitchen trying to cook chips. So I know what you mean. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm so glad that you cook now though. 8) Do you like cooking? What are some of the dishes that you like to cook? :?:

Thanks Shazzam :D well i like cooking ,also reading cooking books and trying new recipes , making delicious salads but most of all i love to cook sweets and cakes , making traditional Persian ice cream ( although its really hard , i always failing it :oops: but still cant resist trying making it ! :D ) and ofcourse my brother's favorite dish which is my speciality :D Khoresht Fesenjan , a Persian dish which is being made with chicken pieces , ground walnuts , rice and pomegranate juice.
ohhhhhhh Mrs. Ana very delicious

I like this

Try to learn cook !

When you wanna mary , what will happen if you will be alone in

home ?!! Sandwich ,... !

anyway try it

Abbas :wink:
DocAndy

Huh

Post by DocAndy »

I didn't like cooking. I love only to eat. I haven't the time. After work I go to school. Every day I come at home at night. (11 pm).

If I had to cook I need a 30hours day. I like it fast and healthy.
By the way I can't cooking. 8) :D
ANDYTAN

Re: Huh

Post by ANDYTAN »

DocAndy wrote:I didn't like cooking. I love only to eat. I haven't the time. After work I go to school. Every day I come at home at night. (11 pm).

If I had to cook I need a 30hours day. I like it fast and healthy.
By the way I can't cooking. 8) :D
DocAndy, I thinks you're wrongly about the cooking's question....as you say, you haven't a little of time to do it every day. right?? but me too!! I EVEN go to work at night and learning in the morning..so what!! you say will be take 30hours day when you have to cook...my god..this impossible to happen...I just take some time to handle the cooking ( didn't need as you say 30hours) hehehe...by the way, as the fast and healthy 's food can't exist(two) .like the fast food always have too much calorie..it just would let you change fat day by day....come on ..wake up ,guy.. you should learning how to cook by yourself and I BELIEVE the food's healthy...
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Poloten4ik wrote:i like coocing very much! Really! I like cooking for my girlfriend. But i love cooking with my girlfriend. Its realy cool. But unfortunaly i have to clear up by myself, couse i cant to make do it my GF.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Masayuki

Post by Masayuki »

Hmm... I cannot cook. Actaully, I would like to cook something, but do not know how.
michellelee

Post by michellelee »

:lol:
me too!
i dont like wash dishes!
i like cooking ,but never try.
i just can cook egg .ho ho.
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

I like cooking but I don't do anything elaborate. I like my cooking but I get sick of it cause my dishes are limited.
LOL, I don't like it when the hot oil jumps onto my hands! It's HOT!!! Therefore sometimes I end up eating overcooked, hard and burnt food. :oops: I'm kidding.... :roll:
helllokittty

Post by helllokittty »

i love to cook for myself very very much=)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

FIVER wrote:I like cooking but I don't do anything elaborate. I like my cooking but I get sick of it cause my dishes are limited.
LOL, I don't like it when the hot oil jumps onto my hands! It's HOT!!! Therefore sometimes I end up eating overcooked, hard and burnt food. :oops: I'm kidding.... :roll:
Same here, welcome to the TCA! (terrible cooks association :lol: )
ctysara

Post by ctysara »

I like to cook when I was 8 years old.
But now I don't like to cook any more.
Because I hate to wash the dishes after cooking.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

You don't like washing dishes, many...

I can see that, I am always washing dishes. :lol:

Shokin
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

shokin wrote:You don't like washing dishes, many...

Shokin
I don't... There's something called dishwasher... :lol: :D
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

I don't mind washing dishes when I'm in a nice kitchen. In a clean kitchen I tend to like my dishes washed after I cook and eat. I've been cooking spaghetti these last few days and I'm loving it although today I felt like throwing up when I put it in my mouth. I still liked cooking it though. :D
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Dixie wrote:
shokin wrote:You don't like washing dishes, many...

Shokin
I don't... There's something called dishwasher... :lol: :D
Yes but there are people who don't have a dishwasher in the kitchen.

NB : I have a dishwasher and I like using it as I like cooking.

NB2 : I don't mind if I have to wash dishes. Do you find it humiliant or are you all lazy ?

Shokin
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

shokin wrote: NB2 : I don't mind if I have to wash dishes. Do you find it humiliant or are you all lazy ?
Humiliating? Why? We've washed the dishes forever at home! We've had the dishwasher for months only. But once you try it, you see how easy it is to do the washing up! :D
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Dixie wrote:
shokin wrote: NB2 : I don't mind if I have to wash dishes. Do you find it humiliant or are you all lazy ?
Humiliating? Why? We've washed the dishes forever at home! We've had the dishwasher for months only. But once you try it, you see how easy it is to do the washing up! :D
It shows that many people have never tried. Why ? :lol: :cry: :lol:

Shokin
mozic

Post by mozic »

:lol: I like cooking. I sometimes did the cooking after watching cookery programmes on TV but i failed. my products ddn't look like the ones in the programme. and it smelt strange.hehe. I ddn't know why though i followed exactly what they said.
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

I dont like cooking. I always feel sick of eating after I cooked. But, I like cleaning, especially in a bad mood. So, my teacher said just made me angry, then the room would be tidy and clean. I love dish washing. :lol:
feanor
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by feanor »

the only good part of cooking is when someone is cooking for you and you are just waiting with doing nothing :) . cleaning? well, who cares?.. :D
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

sonyym wrote:I dont like cooking. I always feel sick of eating after I cooked. But, I like cleaning, especially in a bad mood. So, my teacher said just made me angry, then the room would be tidy and clean. I love dish washing. :lol:
i love cooking, and i often don't like eating what i cooked.. but after cooking comes my biggest problem..dishwashing.. :lol: :lol: i think i'm just too clumsy..hehe
When all else fails..don't stop.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Do you like cooking?

Post by Annaa »

Sometimes I like cooking,but sometimes I hate it :lol: :-P .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
HuahYu

Post by HuahYu »

i like cooking but time consuming as i have a habit to clean the dishes beside cooking and too slow in preparation. For the dishes after dinner, my brother will take turn to wash it seems he don't know how to cook... :lol:
Thanks~
anzal

Post by anzal »

I from Costa Rica. Here, the most common meal is always made based is rice and beans. We called "casado", but also has meat something that we call picadillo and rippe plaintains. Also i cook pizza, chichen, and many others dishes. For a me is important cook " gallo Pinto" none in Costa Rica can't life without it!! {-:
bacteria

Post by bacteria »

I'm really lazy to wash the dishes too. If there's anyone who helps me that, I can cook all day! :)

I like cooking and can try to cook many new dishes. The result sometimes it's not good, and I think we have to fail some and we will be successful later! ^^ My bad result, uhm... my husband always eat and encourage my ability... ^^ And now I can do better!
We are all born for love...
PPP

Re: Suggestion

Post by PPP »

Hello,
I fully agree with you, I also love cooking but i hate cleaning.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I wish I liked cooking, but I can't cook so well, however, I love eating {-:
maxinejesse

Post by maxinejesse »

I love eating rather than cooking...
But, I certainly would like to learn...
I also hate cleaning up the mess after cooking...

healthy and wealthy
:-) :-) :-) :-)
teardrops

Post by teardrops »

In my lifetime i have cooked many many meals :mrgreen: I am over it. I only like to cook for special people. I show my love for people by cooking them nice meals. If i don't like you, you can have take-away foods :lol:
Raindrops,my teardrops. Falling from above,i dont have your love.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

teardrops wrote:In my lifetime i have cooked many many meals :mrgreen: I am over it. I only like to cook for special people. I show my love for people by cooking them nice meals. If i don't like you, you can have take-away foods :lol:
I'm not sure what food this take-away food is, but I guess I'm fine with that. Please don't cook for me. I don't like waiting until food is cooked.
teardrops

Post by teardrops »

I'm not sure what food this take-away food is, but I guess I'm fine with that. Please don't cook for me. I don't like waiting until food is cooked.
Take away food is anything you bring to your home that's prepared already. Mcdonalds, KFC, etc
Raindrops,my teardrops. Falling from above,i dont have your love.
cruimel

Post by cruimel »

I like a lot
amor

Post by amor »

I like cooking (actually started to cook at an early age :-) )... and while waiting for the dish to be done I wash the utensils I have used and want to see the kitchen neat once the food is ready.
lasjuanas

Post by lasjuanas »

:-D Oh i love this topic, i think is my favorite one!!! I was thinking " nobody is gonna talk about cooking?" when i saw this topic inmediatly read it...
I REALLY LOVE COOKING!!! Im from South America Venezuela!!! and i cook since i was 12 years because my mom usually worked too much... and we are 4 sisters and i lived with my mom and my mom had to work so hard for us and she is a cook... and i learned from her, she is from Colombia and she loves cook too, and all my sister do it very well too... Now i live in USA and my husband loves Venezuelan food, I always prepare it... But my husband cooks too He does it excellent but not better than me hahahaha.
uzma

Post by uzma »

im with minasyu i love cooking very muchhhhhhhhhh {-: