Mediterranian food

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: EC, Dixie

User avatar
CravinFood
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:04 pm
Location: California

Mediterranian food

Postby CravinFood » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:40 pm

I just had mediterranian style chicken wrap :( spent almost 8 bucks on it.... but it wasnt good :? .... had to discard more than half of my wrap.... this was my second attempt !!! I dont think I will like anything but Mexican n Italian...

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6337
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: Mediterranian food

Postby Dixie » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:03 pm

CravinFood wrote:I just had mediterranian style chicken wrap :( spent almost 8 bucks on it.... but it wasnt good :? .... had to discard more than half of my wrap.... this was my second attempt !!! I dont think I will like anything but Mexican n Italian...


I live in the Mediterranean and I don't even know what that chicken wrap thing is :roll: What did your first attempt consist of?

Mediterranean food is considered one of the healthiest in the world. Olive oil, vegetables and fruit are the basis of our daily meals.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:55 pm

Let you eat una paella !!!

Shokin

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6337
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:57 pm

shokin wrote:Let you eat una paella !!!

Shokin


mmmmmmmmm... mouth watering... LOL

User avatar
CravinFood
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:04 pm
Location: California

Re: Mediterranian food

Postby CravinFood » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:09 pm

quote]

I live in the Mediterranean and I don't even know what that chicken wrap thing is :roll: What did your first attempt consist of?

Mediterranean food is considered one of the healthiest in the world. Olive oil, vegetables and fruit are the basis of our daily meals.[/quote]

I dont doubt about the nutritional value of mediterranean food and in fact that could be one of the reasons why I didnt like it... Between full time school and part time job everyday, its hard to find anything healthy within my budget.... Subway is my only retreat ... but it gets boring sometimes....
Now let me explain what did that chicken wrap have... pieces of cooked chicken (not grilled or fried 'coz the chicken was very raw looking) with humus and some kind of gritty but not clumpy off white sauce (I ordered it to go this time, mebbe I will ask them about the sauce next time I go there) wrapped in flat bread called wrap (very much like tortilla)....

I dont remember what I had the first time, but I am willing to give it one more try :)

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6337
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: Mediterranian food

Postby Dixie » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:37 pm

CravinFood wrote:
Now let me explain what did that chicken wrap have... pieces of cooked chicken (not grilled or fried 'coz the chicken was very raw looking) with humus and some kind of gritty but not clumpy off white sauce (I ordered it to go this time, mebbe I will ask them about the sauce next time I go there) wrapped in flat bread called wrap (very much like tortilla)....



It sounds like junk food to me :D

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:58 pm

Dixie wrote:
shokin wrote:Let you eat una paella !!!

Shokin


mmmmmmmmm... mouth watering... LOL


And hanging tongue ! :lol:

I sometimes think about cooking a paella but seafood lose quality in transport and conservation, and is more expensive.

But coming back to Barcelona once is not a bad idea (if only money :mrgreen: ) !

Shokin

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6337
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: Mediterranian food

Postby Dixie » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:15 pm

CravinFood wrote:I dont doubt about the nutritional value of mediterranean food and in fact that could be one of the reasons why I didnt like it... Between full time school and part time job everyday, its hard to find anything healthy within my budget.... Subway is my only retreat ... but it gets boring sometimes....
Now let me explain what did that chicken wrap have... pieces of cooked chicken (not grilled or fried 'coz the chicken was very raw looking) with humus and some kind of gritty but not clumpy off white sauce (I ordered it to go this time, mebbe I will ask them about the sauce next time I go there) wrapped in flat bread called wrap (very much like tortilla)....

I dont remember what I had the first time, but I am willing to give it one more try :)


I think you were fooled, CravinFood... I just remembered, when I was in the States, I went to a place where they served what they called "Spanish food". I remember I had never seen any of those dishes in my life! Finally I concluded that that must've been South American food, since I knew for sure that that wasn't Spanish at all.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6337
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:17 pm

shokin wrote:
I sometimes think about cooking a paella but seafood lose quality in transport and conservation, and is more expensive.

But coming back to Barcelona once is not a bad idea (if only money :mrgreen: ) !



You don't eat seafood in Switzerland, then, Ashok?

Anyway, if you ever visit Barcelona, or even the Ebre Delta, where I live, you're invited to a delicious paella ;)


Return to “Food & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests