Smoking Tobacco.

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Smoking Tobacco.

Post by tikay »

How to begin a smoking habit....
How to quit smoking...AND everything in between....

I want to open up dialogue where everyone does not wander off to other subjects....that is all about Smoking
I hope to stick to the topic myself which is sometimes sort of difficult.

I will begin with a story of how my smoking began and maybe even...why it began:

We sat in the dry, tall grasses, and lit another smoke. I had decided I would tell my secret to my brother. After all he was my very best friend too. I smiled because I had been wanting to share what had happened to me with someone who I felt close to for a while.
I took a long deep drag letting the smoke roll around in my mouth long enough for it to seem like I was inhaling the stuff, then blew it out while pressing my lips together to make the stream of smoke go forward in a thin strait line.
I want to tell you something important Truett.
Okay he said...and gave me a big goofy grin and moved his shoulders in closer to mine...."no I mean...This is serious, you know". Oh...he straigtened up and made a serious face...then he frowned...then he grinned again. "hey stoppit! I mean it!" I said to him. "Okay. Just tell me...I am listening" ...and he got serious this time. So I told him the whole thing...leaving out only the parts I was not sure about. I even shared all my theories about it, and what I felt I should do about it.

My brother paced about....we were quickly emptying the cigarette pack and the sun would be setting soon. He finally expressed his feelings to me about my problem...ending the talk with "I swear I will have to kill him!"
I had told him the things no one had heard me tell about before...and he was fairly upset about it.
I was glad that I had told my brother...and there were very many tears, while I spoke, but the truth was out,and he would share my shame, and my knowledge, now forever more. We stomped out our last cigarettes, lest they begin a fire that might spread to my grandparents home across the fields.
We could hear our mamaw calling us now...it was getting close to sunset and dinner time. "Buddy!" "Tracey!"....then a waiting, a pause for our yells, our replies, and then she called out again ......"Tru-ett!....TRA-CEY!"
We began to run, yelling together in response, to let her know we were there, close..."We are coming!"

I was six years old and I pretended to smoke cigarettes. We would steal a whole pack from our grandmother, from the bread-box where our grandparents kept their cartons from trips to Winston-Salem. Mamaw smoked menthols...Doral's, and Papaw smoked Viceroy's. We took the mentholseverytime. When we were in the mood to try them again, my brother and me. Smoking as many as we could in a day out playing in the countryside...then discarding usually about half the pack when we could not smoke any more, on our walks back.
I just did not yet figure out quite, how to inhale them without choaking, that would come later on.
We blew the air in and out of our mouths in quick bursts, to clear out the smokey smell, and I ran to brush my teeth when we got to Mamaw and Papaws house.
It was nearly time to eat dinner. I was six years old. My brother may have been inhaling...I am not really sure if he could do so just then. He was two years older than I was.
By the time I was ten years old I bought my first pack of Kools for fifty cents.

(A True Story)
Last edited by tikay on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Smoking Tobacco.

Post by Tora »

tikay wrote:I took a long deep drag letting the smoke roll around in my mouth long enough for it to seem like I was inhaling the stuff, then blew it out while pressing my lips together to make the strream of smoke go forward in a thin strait line.
(A True Story)
Really very very nice and this extract sounds so tasty... mmm! I like the way you write!
I do not smoke, but i like when someone else smokes beside me! :oops: If i'm not mistaken it was you who mentioned how to call it in english unfortunately i don't remember... :oops: not quite healthy! :wink:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

Hi TORA!
I think that was someone else but I believe you mean the "second -hand smoke" term....the smoke you smell when near a smoker. I thank you for the compliment on my style of writing that means alot to me...I was considering writing my (incredible) life story one day and I thought I might start with a chapter beginning like this....do you think it would fly?
:D Tikay

I went in and edited the post a bit but not much....I think it is a little better! Thanks again! ~for your encouragement with my writing!
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I'm really sure in your writing skill! Then writing a book is your decision and no one can encourage you unless you will not determine if it's really something you need, but the deal you started has to be done till the end! i'm sure you'll manage! you just have everything for it! and the chapter of you two smoking is a nice start! :wink: :!:

yeah, exactly second-hand smoke!.. thanks! :wink:

PS i'm not good at expressing my ideas so don't be bothered if i write something stupid to you... :oops:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

Tora ! YOU can be stupid with me anytime baby! I like you. :lol: (i will never think someone is stupid for learning to speak English) I dont know any other language and you do right?
I think you know at least Russian and possibly others...that makes me the less intelligent one here honey! I only speak English. :cry:
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

I think it belongs to the creative writing section. Tikay, your writing is awesome!!!
tikay wrote: I was considering writing my (incredible) life story one day and I thought I might start with a chapter beginning like this....do you think it would fly?
:D Tikay
You should definitely go for it!!!
lalay

smoking

Post by lalay »

smoking has no bring good to ur health.. that's why if it's too early, it's better to stop!