How to stay cool?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

How to stay cool?

Post by Cypress »

Literally, how to stay cool ‘cause it is so freaking hot :x ? In my city, the temperature today was 110 ºF (about 44 ºC) and the forecast predicts 115 tomorrow :? . This heat is awful. I read on the web that it is very hot in Europe too.
I take a cold shower 3-4 times a day. My air conditioner is on almost all the time (I can imagine what my electricity bill is gonna be like :cry: ). I need to have my car running with the air conditioner on at least for ten minutes before I actually get in and drive. Even at night, it doesn’t get cooler :( ; I sleep on the floor ‘cause staying in bed is unbearable.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Yes Cypress, it's so hot here too... Last night we went home early because being on the street was just unbearable. It was too hot. The air conditioning is on all day too. Last Sunday at noon I had already had 2 showers. It's so sticky. I miss my pool. Since we're not spending summer at our summerplace this year (for the first time in 20 years) we don't have the pool but I go to the beach every day... (not that I am gonna get any tanned, sometimes I hate being so white and delicate :evil: ). Ice-creams are not any help against this heat. I wonder if this is gonna be like this next year too, or if it's gonna be worse...
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Heu... some people advised me to drink tea in hot sunny days (for example in desert), with white clothes... drink much.

Warning about the warming of the planet !

Shokin
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

shokin wrote:Heu... some people advised me to drink tea in hot sunny days (for example in desert), with white clothes... drink much.
Yes I heard recently that drinking hot tea is a good solution against heat... At first I was astonished but it looks like it's really good...
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

shokin wrote:
Warning about the warming of the planet !
I agree. For the last several years, every summer becomes hotter and hotter. The planet’s temperature is definitely rising.

It's like going in circle:
My air conditioner is on all day --> more energy consumed.
More energy consumed --> more coal burnt.
More coal burnt --> more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
More carbon dioxide --> the temperature is rising, rising, rising…
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

here was hot too, in beginning of june. up to 34 C, not so hot like your place, but here peoples usually don't have airconditioner at home... frist days, i was drinked a lot. 5 liter water ber day was usual.. self can't believe that I was sweat and steam so much... then i used a wet towel to cool my self, and that was best solution.
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

wew.. here its raining.. storms keep on coming.. my shoes is soaking wet all the time :roll: ..

i dunno it's kinda weird(or maybe i was just not listening to my lessons.. :oops: :lol: ) but my chemistry professor during my highschool.. told us to drink anything hot when its hot..and something cold when its cold..hehe.. probably because when you drink something hot..you sweat..and sweating is a cooling action..so.. i guess it helps.. but i can't bear to drink coffee when its hot.. no way.. i'd prefer eating ice cream when it's cold.. :lol:
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

It's hot here too but not compared to the temperatures the rest of you are spitting out. We are in the high 90's (35-36 C), but I still can't take it. No one here has an airconditioner that I've seen in any houses I've been too! This is high temperature for this area, it's a record high in 30 years I heard on the news. I was going to order takeout because I didn't want to cook and make the apartment hotter but I stepped outside to get the mail and the heat was so unbearable that I ended up in the kitchen. Inside was better because I pulled the shades down, had the fan on and didn't use alot of lights. I drank soda, not even hot weather can keep me away from that.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

And there is a new heatwave coming.. Hard to believe that on january was here -30C.

And this hot weather, is also dangeours for computers health too. Lot of peoples have lost own hard drives and precious data, in this heatness. I personally have hold my computer case opened on those very hot days.. but i think I will buy a extra fan for cooling it.. it's harddrive really get hot on these days. I just something half of year ago bought new one ...the old one died and bring a lot of useful data with to grave.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Hardi wrote: I personally have hold my computer case opened on those very hot days..
Mine's been open for more than a month, too... When it was too hot, it just crashed and I had to reboot... I couldn't even play Sim2. Since we opened it everything's working fine...
jakeson

Post by jakeson »

It's freezing cold here at our office!!! Philippines is all wet, too. Typoon is currently pouring heaving rains and blewing fierce wind.

Wear something white and loose to stay cool. Keep hydrated, drink plenty of water, juices and iced tea!!!
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

It is very hot, in Ganha, Algeria, Switzerland, Canada, India, Ecuador, etc.

Shokin
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

here too , the wether is very hot , do you know that the highest temrature in this world it was here in libya the temprature get to 58 degree .
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

zaman wrote:here too , the wether is very hot , do you know that the highest temrature in this world it was here in libya the temprature get to 58 degree .
Oh my Gosh! 58 degrees :shock: :shock: :shock: That is unbelievable, but I do believe you
mannyarvel

Post by mannyarvel »

i find vary hhot as well...

i make wet towal around neck to kool down.