an international restaurant

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

domi

an international restaurant

Post by domi »

hello, I'm french and as you know french loves eating LOL ; I would like everyone visiting this site write a traditional recipe of his/her country ; of course I will do the same :)
Thanks in advance
Seafarer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Seafarer »

I am not sure whether i will be able to find a site in English,giving a recipe of one our national foods.I mean..they will probably in Turkish
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

hey, I'm from China.

This is Cross Bridge Rice Noodle, it's a special food from the province Yunnan in China. I like it very very much, oh I can't wait to eat it with my beautiful fiancee again.

It's a very interesting meal. Normally the waiters serve you a quail (that bird) egg, carrots, vergetables, TouFu, beef, pork, fish all mixed.

And a self made chicken soup (the ingredients are different from restaurant to restaurant, and it's secret, but mostly they mix chinese medicine in it) The soup is boiling, 100 C°

If you put the things in the first photo into the soup and wait 5 minutes, you will have

Too tasty to be true! Oh I fell senseless when I was eating this with my beautiful fiancee!!! Love it more than I can say... :mrgreen:
domi

Post by domi »

Seafarer wrote:I am not sure whether i will be able to find a site in English,giving a recipe of one our national foods.I mean..they will probably in Turkish
Hello seafarer, I'm sure you can find one in your brain , not in a site :lol: Choose a simple one and you will be able to translate it in English :wink:
domi

Post by domi »

Thanks so much admiral ; it's true in seeing the pics I was hungry and I've had already lunched :oops: ahahahahah

This recipe seems very good and thanks for the pics :lol:

See you admiral
Seafarer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Seafarer »

Domi,your wish is really important for me..here is the recipe..that is ETLİ GÜVEÇ from Turkey.
This food is mostly done with season's vegetables and meat(whether it is a cow,a sheep or a chick).But the taste comes from the caserol in which it's cooked which we call as "güveç" in here.It is really easy,first u cook the meats and then u add the vegetables(green beans,potatoes,green pepper,squash if u want even eggplant)
But it is not necessary to put meat in it,i rather prefer to eat it without meat as a vegeterian :lol:
Have a nice appetite!
(ADMirAL,i tried to paste the pictures in here but couldn't!)
domi

Post by domi »

Seafarer wrote:Domi,your wish is really important for me..here is the recipe..that is ETLİ GÜVEÇ from Turkey.
This food is mostly done with season's vegetables and meat(whether it is a cow,a sheep or a chick).But the taste comes from the caserol in which it's cooked which we call as "güveç" in here.It is really easy,first u cook the meats and then u add the vegetables(green beans,potatoes,green pepper,squash if u want even eggplant)
But it is not necessary to put meat in it,i rather prefer to eat it without meat as a vegeterian :lol:
Have a nice appetite!
(ADMirAL,i tried to paste the pictures in here but couldn't!)
Thanks so so much seafarer :D
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

And here is one of my Bro's favorite dishes! :lol:

RICE with LENTILS, DATES, RAISINS and MEAT(Adas Polow)]
Sufficient for 4 - 8 people

Ingredients
- 500 g (1 lb) Basmati long grain rice
- 500 g (1 lb) meat or chicken
- 375 g (3/4 lb) lentils
- 250 g (.5 lb) pitted dates
- 125 g (1/4 lb) raisins
- 2 medium onions
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 tsp ground saffron
- salt and pepper

Recipe
1. After washing the rice thoroughly, soak the rice in salted lukewarm water to cover by 2 inches for 3 to 4 hours.

2. Trim the meat of all fat, cut into small pieces (2 inch cubes), wash and drain.

3. Slice one onion and fry in a little oil until it turns golden brown. Add the meat, salt and pepper and cook over low heat until the meat is well done, 45 minutes to an hour.

4. Cut the dates across into halves and remove pits. Soak the raisins in a little warm water for 25 minutes, strain and dry.

5. Slice the second onion and fry in a little oil until it turns golden. Add raisins and dates and continue to fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add saffron and mix. Keep warm until the rice is ready.

6. Cook the lentils in a cup of water with a touch of salt. Strain and set aside to mix with the rice later.

7. In a large saucepan, bring 8 to 12 cups of water to a rapid boil.

8. Pour off excess water from rice and pour into boiling water. Bring back to boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Test to see if the rice is ready. The grains should be firm in the center and rather soft on the outside. strain the rice and rinse with lukewarm water. Toss gently in the strainer.

9.Bring 1/4 cup water and 2 to 3 tbs oil to rapid boil. Add layers of rice and lentil interchangeably building the rice and lentil layers up to a dome shape. The last layer should be rice.

10. Poke 5 or 6 holes through the rice to the bottom with the handle of a spoon. Close the lid. Keep on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until rice is steaming. Heat up 1/4 cup of water and 2 tbs oil and pour over the rice. Wrap the saucepan lid in a clean tablecloth and cover the pan firmly. Reduce heat to low and cook for 45 minutes to an hour.

11. After removing from heat, place the saucepan in the sink and run cold water under it to cool down.

12. To dish up, gently toss the rice and sprinkle lightly in a dish in a symmetrical mound. Spread the mixture of dates and raisins evenly over the rice and complete the dish by spreading the meat on top.

13. Remove the crusty bottom and serve in a separate plate.
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

Seafarer wrote: (ADMirAL,i tried to paste the pictures in here but couldn't!)
weird, i couldnt do it either. maybe the image codes dont work soem times? :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

Thanks for the link Dixie :D