lose weight

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: EC, Dixie

intelemark
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:15 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: lose weight

Postby intelemark » Thu May 21, 2009 9:19 am

hello
Finding tips for safe weight loss begins with your individual needs. Few diet programs will be best for everyone. You need to begin with assessing any physical and emotional conditions that may be of concern. Of course, seeing your personal health care physician is the best way to determine the best diet and exercise program for you.

For healthy weight loss, most experts recommend a combination of healthy eating patterns and regular physical exercise. Other methods of losing weight include use of prescribed or herbal drugs or chemicals that decrease appetite.

* A safe diet should include all of the recommended daily allowances (RDAs) for vitamins, minerals, and protein. The weight-loss diet should be low in calories (energy) only, not in essential vitamins or minerals.
* Slow steady weight-loss. The program should be directed toward slow, steady weight loss unless your doctor feels your health condition would benefit from more rapid weight loss. Expect to lose only about a pound a week after the first week or two.
* Setting effective goals is an important first step. Most people trying to lose weight focus on just that one goal: weight loss. However, the most productive areas to focus on are the dietary and exercise changes that will lead to long-term weight control.

HelloSensei
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 3:01 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: lose weight

Postby HelloSensei » Wed May 27, 2009 8:36 am

Wow! This thread has been going for a few years now. The battle to lose weight or to keep the weight off is one I have been fighting for years myself. It is about 80% diet ( not dieting but diet. As in food you eat and not counting calories etc. ) and the remaining 20% exercise. I lost 25 pounds ( 11 kilos) by simply following these points.

#1. Not eating after 7:00PM. For me anyway, food I ate after 7:00PM or so was never burned off since I was usually home and in and relaxing at this time. That food would be turned into fat since I wasn't burning it off.

#2. Instead of taking the bus/train to work ( I live in Kawasaki Japan by the way ), I started commuting by bicycle. It didn't make sense to try to get to a gym after work since that was taking extra time out of my free time. I had to travel back home from work anyway so I would use that commute time for exercise. One day a week I would run home from work so only on run days would I take the bus/train one way.

I have been able to keep this up since 2008 and have kept the weight off. So try at least #1 above for starters and you'll see a difference I feel. Good luck all!

Dan J.
http://dan.hellosensei.org/

zoombits
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:00 am
Status: Other

Re: lose weight

Postby zoombits » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:09 am

Push in two fruits or vegetables with every meal you eat. This will fill your stomach and help you cut down on the calories you would take in from the other foods.

alenshowbrizz
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:59 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: lose weight

Postby alenshowbrizz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:19 am

Its very easy to reduce your heavy weight, I just to reduce my 8 kg weight in 3 month, I think if you have to decide to do that so just to do more heavy exercise. Use some diet tips like Avoid oily food,junk food,fry vegetable, don't eat 3 month any restaurant food,use fruit juice 4 times in day definitely will you get your best way to lose weight.

ayona
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 am
Status: English Learner

Re: lose weight

Postby ayona » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:26 am

Try these home remedies for women loss weight tips . And enjoying life

User avatar
stanelyshane
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:24 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: lose weight

Postby stanelyshane » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:59 pm

To loss the weight you should concern to the trainer of the gym to get the effective result. I prefer walking 2 to 3 Km everyday. Another thing is that it is helpful to absorb the fat and maintain the physics. Also I prefer to follow diet program regularly to maintain the balance of the nutrition in the body.


Return to “Food & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests