best and effective way to reduce weight

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: best and effective way to reduce weight

Post by sweethuman »

Dear Tobiass,
You can try the below:
Drinking more water
Excercise
Eating less particularly at night/Dinner
Dont eat more sweets
Drink more green tea, if you can, it is very effective in losing weight and so on...
danielwelsch

Post by danielwelsch »

Eliminate sugars. You can eat fruit, but anything with sugar or high fructose corn syrup is only empty calories, and eventually leads to obesity.
nguyentap

Post by nguyentap »

Hi, you can eat much in ar breakfast and lunch. But eat less in dinner, you can even eat only fruits, or sweet potato in dinner. Sweet potato is very good for health.

And more important, exercise regularly! Skipping and sit-up are two efficient ways to eliminate calories from your body. Hope you will be successful!
willsenaaa

Post by willsenaaa »

you can lunch more, and lunch time u have just taken a fruits and vegetables. and more to walking and exercise regularly, don't eat more sweets and fast foods. potato is very good for health.....
trainingnait

Post by trainingnait »

I want to reduce weight but i do only exercise twice a week so my weight not reduce any more.
I think I should to eat less and reduce snack and sugar.
Noora

Post by Noora »

in my viewpoint reducing your meal quantity is the best way to reduce your weight
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Let me tell you my own experience:
I cut down the sugar, junk food and coffee ( just a cup of coffee in the mornings and that's it). I have 4-5 meals daily: breakfast, lunch, I have some snacks in the afternoons such as yogurt or cereal and then I have dinner before 7:00 pm. (Oh, I don't drink alcohol, that helps).

On the other hand, I started going to the gym; I work out 3-4 days per week ( two hours routine) and most of all, I am a very patient person. At least it works for me. I have lost 12 Kilograms since January =)
Best regards.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Oriani wrote:Let me tell you my own experience:
I cut down the sugar, junk food and coffee ( just a cup of coffee in the mornings and that's it). I have 4-5 meals daily: breakfast, lunch, I have some snacks in the afternoons such as yogurt or cereal and then I have dinner before 7:00 pm. (Oh, I don't drink alcohol, that helps).

On the other hand, I started going to the gym; I work out 3-4 days per week ( two hours routine) and most of all, I am a very patient person. At least it works for me. I have lost 12 Kilograms since January =)
Best regards.
12 Kilograms! How come u lost so much, when I've gained two or tree kilograms since January. Actually I gained two and lost one, so I gained one since January. I think.. But because I've gained seven kilograms by last one and half year something. I still need to lose seven to ten kilograms of fat. Would you take mine away too, together with yours, while you're at this anyways? :P

Well. I've trying to lose some by consuming less fat.. fat have the most Calories... I think it had tree times more for a gram than sugar had. And I exercise. Bicycling.. it works.. somewhat. I have to be very patient. ^_^
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Hardi wrote:
Oriani wrote:Let me tell you my own experience:

Best regards.
12 Kilograms! How come u lost so much, when I've gained two or tree kilograms since January. Actually I gained two and lost one, so I gained one since January. I think.. But because I've gained seven kilograms by last one and half year something. I still need to lose seven to ten kilograms of fat. Would you take mine away too, together with yours, while you're at this anyways? :P

Well. I've trying to lose some by consuming less fat.. fat have the most Calories... I think it had tree times more for a gram than sugar had. And I exercise. Bicycling.. it works.. somewhat. I have to be very patient. ^_^
Well, I know it is hard but you must want this, you must be disciplined and patient in order to lose weight. That's what I have done so far =)
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

May I ask you how I can gain weight? I have many times been said that I am too slim. A slim son of slim parents. Genes :-( I would like to be fat and cheery...
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

reindeer wrote:May I ask you how I can gain weight? I have many times been said that I am too slim. A slim son of slim parents. Genes :-( I would like to be fat and cheery...
Have you ever tried amino acids or vitamins ? Take them before working out. You will be gaining muscle and not fat at all.
Greetings.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Thank you Oriani,

I'd just like to be cheery and healthy young little fat man, not a muscle. Like Carlson.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

reindeer wrote:May I ask you how I can gain weight? I have many times been said that I am too slim. A slim son of slim parents. Genes :-( I would like to be fat and cheery...
Do Everything they say not to do, to those who want to lose weight. Eating before going to sleep.
...Eating ham should be pretty good to gain weight, since it tastes good, and it contains also proteins beside fat. So u won't just get floppy fat all around your body that would hang to knees over the belt of pants.. but a good firm fat, like pig. :P

At least I always gain quickly some weight, from eating hot smoked ham. Even when It looks like it is pure meat, without any fat at all... I suppose the meat suck so much fat in, in hot smoking oven.. But unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, they usually don't sell the one made with hot smoke. Because it would give them less profit, or cost more. Since it looses more weight turning process.. But Cold smoked one is not so addictive.. So people probably would buy the hot smoked one more.. I think. ^_^
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Thank you for a marvelous advice Hardi,
but it doesn't work in my case. I eat before sleep, I eat ham of any kind. It perfectly inflict real damage to my health but doesn't make me less skinny, alas! :-( Cheers anyway. Andrew
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Oriani wrote: I have lost 12 Kilograms since January =)
Wow, that's quite a lot. I wish I had your willpower :oops:
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

By the way, where is Ms.Venezuela?

Halooo, Oriana! Stop torturing yourself with diets and exercises, came back!
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

I am not the best person to advice on such a subject becuase I've never tried to go on a diet or practice for the sake of losing weight. Still, you might be suprized as I was, to know that in the 6 months I spent at home doing literally nothing beside eating and sleeping, I lost about 20 kilos. so what have changed in my life. Nothing, except that I left the university dorm and came home. At the dorm, as you might expect, the food is not that healhty, and I would skip meals quite often. I used to live on chips, cakes, and practically whatever available at the stores on the university campus, where I suppose I was a valuable customer as many others. Nothing was healthy about that diet, but one has to survive.
At home, it might not be the best diet and yes I eat larger quantities of food than I did when I was living on campus, but at least they are edible meals and definitly healthier.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Hi Jane,
So you've eventually broke away with Lowood, haven't you? Chips, wow! It seems they try to go with the times:!!:
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

reindeer wrote:Hi Jane,
So you've eventually broke away with Lowood, haven't you? Chips, wow! It seems they try to go with the times:!!:
:!!: well the conditions at our university dorms is not as bad as poor Jane's Lowood. To look at the bright side, we are offered three meals a day for free,to be honest, it is the only place at the whole country where students get meals for free (it is a public university), .. It is just that after a while you feel sick of eating the same food that has no flavour at all..sometimes it is not even well-done.. I remeber that I ate only chicken when they serve it fried or grilled, as I don't like it cooked.. neither do I like cooked fish.. and meat was a disaster..May be you are right- our dorms can be compared to Lowood at least when it comes to food, and beleive me on the my last day of examinations May 2011 nobody was happier than I was.. I literally left the university the same day with a big smile on my face..
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Hey Jane, have you been looking for gadgets here? I thought the talk was about different issues, such as losing wieght, having appropriate food to eat and proper place to stay.

Why don't we give united rebuff to the advertising with shouting a loud 'booo!' together?! ;-)
ZoriWser

Post by ZoriWser »

Nice tips here for the losing weight i want to say that i will act upon them all.