Dog meat festival is arriving

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dog meat festival is arriving

Post by SitangCampus »

Now it becomes hot, and again it is the yearly Dog Meat and Litchi Festival of Yulin City of Guangxi, China.
Ealier, there are many people who voice against such bad behavior and eating habit. But considering pigs, cows, and sheep are also friends of people, we should respect the customs of the local people.
Like people are identified by different qualities, dogs are the same, so if you agree that there are bad people deserving to be killed there should not be any problem for some dogs to be consumed as food.
Woodyuk

Re: Dog meat festival is arriving

Post by Woodyuk »

This is an English language site, I don’t understand why this abhorrent post is on here.
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

Woodyuk wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:29 pm This is an English language site, I don’t understand why this abhorrent post is on here.
If it is not expressed in English , how could you understand the above? English is simply an instrument, and you call yourself a teacher of English, but it looks like you are not qualified for this holy job in this sense.
Woodyuk

Post by Woodyuk »

As a native English speaker with a degree and qualification in teaching English as a foreign language I am merely questioning the value of such an inflammatory post in a forum designed to assist English language learners. Whilst I’m happy to engage in a healthy debate I find such questionable material inappropriate in this forum. Please let’s keep our posts appropriate to the audience in question. Many thanks.
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

Woodyuk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:11 pm As a native English speaker with a degree and qualification in teaching English as a foreign language I am merely questioning the value of such an inflammatory post in a forum designed to assist English language learners. Whilst I’m happy to engage in a healthy debate I find such questionable material inappropriate in this forum. Please let’s keep our posts appropriate to the audience in question. Many thanks.
I am not making trouble and simply want to have a good talk with anyone who is interested in doing so. The world is full of varieties of culture and customs, so it is not appropriate to use words like "appropriate" to stop others doing the things they want to share with the world. Simply put, we should learn to be tolerant.

When I was in some muslim countries, I saw the killing of cattles right in the busy streets, with blood flowing like streams here and there during the big day celebrating the end of the month-long fast. It looked terrifying to an outsider like you and me, but that was their life. So do many whale catcher in Europe and Japan, who kill the whales they catch giving no consideration of life or environment or things like that.

Another point is that if I did not post something, do you find others would do so here? So it is my duty to do something to help raise the popularity of the forum, and that is what Joe, the owner of the site, would like to see, I am sure.

If, Sir, there is anything wrong or offensive, please don't mind, and try to help us see things constructively or from a different point of view, because English is a second or foreign language to most of us here, after all.