Ideas for winter activities

Football, rugby, swimming, tennis... Painting, fishing, stamps

Moderator: EC

littlebubble

Ideas for winter activities

Post by littlebubble » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:31 pm

It will be winter soon, it is really boring to stay home the whole time. I would like to know what you guys are going to do in the winter or on cold days? I am searching for outdoor activities, but the weather makes it difficult.

KyLogan

Re: Ideas for winter activities

Post by KyLogan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:55 am

Skiing is the best option. It does not require a team, however, it is subject to the region and amount of snowfall. If you can gather a small, safe team, ice hockey could be a good option.

Ricko Verhoeven

Post by Ricko Verhoeven » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Taking into account that this winter I will most likely spend in lockdown I guess that the most appropriate activity will be either reading books (I have already made one with over 20 positions in it {-: ) or playing board games or video games. When I worked for CitiBank I remember we gathered together and played Path of Exile. It had a great teambuilding effect. So if you belong to some team (for example you work at office) I strongly recommend you the game. Btw, you will need a lot of currency for PoE, better get it here https://overgear.com/games/poe/currencies.
P.S. I really hope that the coming lockdown will be over as soon as possible! Keep safe everybody! {-;

topazann

Post by topazann » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:14 pm

I like knitting, baking, planning, grooming my dog, World of Warcraft, selling on ebay.
Otherwise, sports (indoor, obviously) and arts, like watercolors, or check out greeting cards, which I've made a ton.

Burnham

Post by Burnham » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:54 am

Here is a list of winter activities:
Build a snowman or snow fort.
Go on a winter photo scavenger hunt.
Go winter camping as a family and learn survival skills.
Have a snowball fight.
Hold a bonfire and let your teen invite friends over.
Host a snow sculpture competition.
Ice fishing.
Ice skating.
Play MMO games with friends and family.
Watch movies.
SSEGold: Aim to Empower Your Gaming

JohnyCoolI

Post by JohnyCoolI » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:33 am

I really like to spend the wintertime in World of Warcraft. Here I can play alone when I'm feeling down, as well as with friends when I want to socialize. There is a huge amount of activities like 5ppl dungeons, raids, arenas and so on. But if you want to play at a serious level, you'll have to add to the cost of the subscription some money for the wow boost, as it's unrealistic to do it all on your own, at least for me(