women soccer

Football, rugby, swimming, tennis... Painting, fishing, stamps

Moderators: Vega, EC

What do you think about the participation of a woman soccer player in a team of men?

I agree
6
86%
woman most not to play in a men team
1
14%
 
Total votes: 7

User avatar
frengo
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Milano, Italy

Postby frengo » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:58 pm

Muscles are not a matter of opinion... and biology tells us that men and women ARE different: each gender has got its points of strength and weakness. That's all.

PS Remember that "different" does not mean "better" or "worse": just different!

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:02 pm

Imagine a perfectly well trained woman fighting a short, weak man.

:roll: Maybe that's not the point, but t'was just and example :roll:

User avatar
frengo
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Milano, Italy

Postby frengo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:55 pm

In this case we are talking about professionals, therefore all of them are perfectly trained and in shape... come on, Dixie, don't think like an extremist... be flexible! I really can't understand why you are so strongly denying the concept of difference... may I give you another example?

I share every day of my life with a woman for many reasons, one of the more important is that she is different from me. In other words, as a woman she can do things I can't, and very often the way she looks at things is amazing, since her point of view is so different from mine... she is able to show me the "feminine side" of the world! I love this immensely... I wouldn't be a complete human being without this.

Is this so bad?

kisses

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:39 am

frengo wrote:In this case we are talking about professionals, therefore all of them are perfectly trained and in shape... come on, Dixie, don't think like an extremist... be flexible! I really can't understand why you are so strongly denying the concept of difference... may I give you another example?

I share every day of my life with a woman for many reasons, one of the more important is that she is different from me. In other words, as a woman she can do things I can't, and very often the way she looks at things is amazing, since her point of view is so different from mine... she is able to show me the "feminine side" of the world! I love this immensely... I wouldn't be a complete human being without this.

Is this so bad?

kisses


I agree with you completely, Franco. I know I can be really hard to deal with sometimes :D I knew what you meant from the beginning :P But I remember being in high school and stating that men were stronger than women, and my teacher and fellow students really jumped over me :!:

User avatar
frengo
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Milano, Italy

Postby frengo » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:58 pm

To Violet: I loved your two opposite discrimination examples, very smart indeed :!:

To Dixie: I had no doubts about your way of thinking... this is the reason I've been pressing you, I was feeling some kind of mismatch in your words... everything is fine now!

PS Have you seen how easy is to be my friend? It's enough to tell me that you agree with me... ;)

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

woman soccer

Postby Elba » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:52 am

Dixie wrote:I agree with you completely, Franco. I know I can be really hard to deal with sometimes I knew what you meant from the beginning But I remember being in high school and stating that men were stronger than women, and my teacher and fellow students really jumped over me


Dixie, then you are a oprimed woman

While we are argueing of the participation of women in the soccer, the mexicana player Maribel do three goooooooooollls in her fisrt play with the Barcelona team. the total og gols was four.
Violet, soccer is not difficult, only ask your brother, father or friends.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: woman soccer

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:00 am

Elba wrote:Dixie, then you are a oprimed woman



:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

Postby Elba » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:42 pm

dixie wrote:Elba wrote:

Dixie, then you are a oprimed woman





_________________


Ja ja ja. I don´t think so Dear

masa
Silver Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:58 am
Location: Japan

Postby masa » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:28 am

I agree that. I also recognise women's softball team.
Thia is so rediculous that separate men and women.
Don't you think so?

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:10 pm

Elba wrote:
dixie wrote:Elba wrote:

Dixie, then you are a oprimed woman



_________________


Ja ja ja. I don´t think so Dear


Glad to read that... :roll: :) Cause I'm not!!!!!!! :evil:


Return to “Sports & Hobbies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests