40%

Total votes: 5

Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

World Cup 2006 top 10

Post by Tora »

The champoinship is over :cry:
Go go Italy!!! (long live Italy - god bless we're not in China! :lol: :lol: )
I remember judgement, the amount of cards of both the colours, fair and unfair penalties, good football anyhow. It's the greatest celebration

Let's have a week of voting. Let's find out who's the best player of World Cup 2006 according to opinion of EC members. who knows FIFA could pay any attention on our desicions :roll: :lol:
I'm the first to start and do really hope that you'll support my beginning.
The winner of that voting will be determined by simple majority of votes, you should be active! Come on, guys! :D

My top 10:
1/ Cannovaro (the best defender of the tournament) - Italy
2/ Ricardo (even his mistakes while playing against Germany wouldn't change my attitude) - Portugal
3/ Podolsky (the real surprise of the WC 2006)- Germany
4/ Frei (the guy that was really a good one among the team)- Switzerland
5/ Deco (1/4 of the team) - Portugal
6/ Buffon (the best goalie, you know about throubles in Italian seria A - I can hide him if it's needed :oops: ) - Italy
7/ Zidane (a living history)- France
8/ Beckhem (he was like I remember him a couple or more years ago) - England
9/ Henry (a very nice striker) - France
10/Pirlo (just plays very well, a very good conecting link) - Italy

(not in the order of importance - just simple itemizing)

who's next? give us your top 10!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Sorry, I can't remember their names. All I know is a lot of them are cute and single. Also, US team has the ugliest players. Well, except for Carlos. Gosh, he's so cute and probably not single.
Tottochan

Post by Tottochan »

I vote for Oliver Kahn though he mostly didnt play this summer. Well, Jens played well and I feel very sorry for Petr Cech that he had to leave too early.

Others, no player surprised me.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

LennyeTran wrote:Sorry, I can't remember their names. All I know is a lot of them are cute and single. Also, US team has the ugliest players. Well, except for Carlos. Gosh, he's so cute and probably not single.
all guys cute are occupied - phylosophy! if we're talking about cute ones>> Bernd Schneider from Germany :roll: extremely handsome!
they definitely should post marital status while itemizing his successes during the career... it gives us... not a hope but... it's nice to realise they are single :oops:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote:Sorry, I can't remember their names. All I know is a lot of them are cute and single. Also, US team has the ugliest players. Well, except for Carlos. Gosh, he's so cute and probably not single.
And for a moment you made me believe you liked football! :lol:
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: World Cup 2006 top 10

Post by Butler »

Tora wrote:The champoinship is over :cry:
Go go Italy!!! (long live Italy - god bless we're not in China! :lol: :lol: )
I remember judgement, the amount of cards of both the colours, fair and unfair penalties, good football anyhow. It's the greatest celebration

Let's have a week of voting. Let's find out who's the best player of World Cup 2006 according to opinion of EC members. who knows FIFA could pay any attention on our desicions :roll: :lol:
I'm the first to start and do really hope that you'll support my beginning.
The winner of that voting will be determined by simple majority of votes, you should be active! Come on, guys! :D

My top 10:
1/ Cannovaro (the best defender of the tournament) - Italy
2/ Ricardo (even his mistakes while playing against Germany wouldn't change my attitude) - Portugal
3/ Podolsky (the real surprise of the WC 2006)- Germany
4/ Frei (the guy that was really a good one among the team)- Switzerland
5/ Deco (1/4 of the team) - Portugal
6/ Buffon (the best goalie, you know about throubles in Italian seria A - I can hide him if it's needed :oops: ) - Italy
7/ Zidane (a living history)- France
8/ Beckhem (he was like I remember him a couple or more years ago) - England
9/ Henry (a very nice striker) - France
10/Pirlo (just plays very well, a very good conecting link) - Italy

(not in the order of importance - just simple itemizing)

who's next? give us your top 10!

Interesting list...completely disagree with Beckhams inclusion, he was rubbish like all the English team, even my hero Gerrard.
As for Henry, as much as he is good..he started to show his cheating side, not once but 3 times and he got away with it.
Deco is also a cheat, he is great to watch, when he is in the mood to play he can be impressive, but looks to get fouled to often..and looks to get other players booked. Not nice, not professional.

Agree with Pirlo and Cannavaro, pure class and of course with Podolski, but you have left off from your list 2 players that deserve a very special mention.
1, Franck Ribery, what a player..I think his services will be desired by all the big teams, he was very good.
2, Philip Lahm, the German player that for me made the biggest impression, his speed and crosses and of course that opening goal. Awesome.

As for a poll...its would take too long to finalize the list..but try..and we will see.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
And for a moment you made me believe you liked football! :lol:
I do. I just don't care for the names or who's the best player, etc. I like to watch the matches and see the cute guys. Therefore, I only see good and ugly matches, or cute and ugly guys. I don't see their names on the shirts. :oops: :lol:
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

i don't know..hmmmmmm perhaps cannavaro , and i agree with Butler Rebierie....and perhaps Zezo pretty tough to decide actually :roll:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Riberi is a good player, I agree with you, guys!
but we had known it before the cup started though he played as it was expected from him, he is extremely well and definitely will get a good career, but not this time... Cannavaro was perfect, I don't know why the golden ball (I hardly may call it the official title of the award, I don't remember in english) was given to Zidane... like a farwell thank you I guess
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

The most impressive person in World Cup 2006, for me, is the coach of Germany - Juergen Klinsmann. Young, talented, and handsome!

_Arale_
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

This's the rank of top ten football teams by FIFA after World Cup.

1 Brazil
2 Italy
3 Argentina
4 France
5 England
6 Netherland
7 Spain
8 Portugal
9 Germany
10 Repulic of Czech
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

Arale wrote:This's the rank of top ten football teams by FIFA after World Cup.

1 Brazil
2 Italy
3 Argentina
4 France
5 England
6 Netherland
7 Spain
8 Portugal
9 Germany
10 Repulic of Czech

BIG drop by the Czech Republic, before the world Cup they were ranked no.2 in the world. The FIFA ranking system is going to be changed as it used to have USA and Mexico in the top 10 which most of the world found odd.