Adventure

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Aiza

Adventure

Post by Aiza »

When you travel, the first adventure begins at the airport: when you reach to a new country and you find that your baggage has lost and nobody knows where it can be or when it would be appear. :shock: :shock: :shock: This happened to me when I went to Australia some years ago. No tent, no sleeping bags, no clothes...We spent the first three days in a backpaker´s with... nothing!! Fortunately our luggage appeared and we follow with our trip!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Yeah, sadly enough, these things happen. Baggages lost, broken suitcases and so on.
Aiza

Post by Aiza »

Australia. Kangaroo Island.
We reach to this island quite late in the afternoon and tried to find a camp site. When we find one it was dark. We did not find a person awake, so we put the camp and began cooking the dinner. In a few moment we were surrounded by kangaroos, opposum.. They were trying to eat our food !!!! One of them bited my shoe and another one my friend´s bottom (je,je,je ) At last we ate anything! :? :?
Next morning, when we waked up, we saw that in this camp there were enormous cages for peopleAnimals stay outside and people went in, close the door and have their meals in peace. Good idea, isn´t it? :D
adriana_a

hear this...

Post by adriana_a »

Me and my girlfriend went for a a long walk putside town...and we took my sister's dog also (an 8 year old she-boxer)...he he...all good for now...but we didn't take so much food...and we walked on foot like 15 km to a nice place outside town and 15 km back to town...can you imagine the pain we felt after 30 km...he he...and the dog didn't want to eat at the beginning and i said to the dog : You should better eat coz we don't have so much food and you are gonna be hungry later...well the dog didn't want to eat...and when we returned the dog was very hungry...hehe...I told it to eat...and above all the dog couldn't walk anymore...it had feetpain...poor dog...and poor us...we were hungry too and had muscle paines...we were walking now like zombies, laughing like crazy...the problem was we couldn't take a taxi coz here the taxi drivers don't take dogs in...you should have seen the dog's face...hahahaha...and when we got finally home the dog didn't know what to do first...eat or drink water...and it couldn't stand on its feet anymore...hahahaha....what a day!
Hello everybody! Who is interested in someone interesting...?!?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Poor doggie... :roll:
pooh_bear
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pooh_bear »

that's what you call an adventure! :P
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

Australia is a great place for adventure!

c",) I'm here... all the way c",)
RedRose

Re: Adventure

Post by RedRose »

Aiza wrote:When you travel, the first adventure begins at the airport: when you reach to a new country and you find that your baggage has lost and nobody knows where it can be or when it would be appear. :shock: :shock: :shock: This happened to me when I went to Australia some years ago. No tent, no sleeping bags, no clothes...We spent the first three days in a backpaker´s with... nothing!! Fortunately our luggage appeared and we follow with our trip!
Azia, your trip for Austrinia was a real adventure, and it sounds very interesting and funny.

actually, I admire u so much for you got so many opportunities to go abroad for trips! and you even went through such an exciting adventure!
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

i am sharing with u guys how i reached in US.

unfortunately i never got chance to travel by plane. so while i came in US i had to take plane no matter what. so i got my visa and unfortunately the person from the visa office told me, i have only 3 days left to take the plane and reach US. i was an immigrant person so, i if i can not reach in US before 21 , i wont be able to come here anymore. and that time only 3 days left for me to be 21st of my age. then next day my mom and bro find out ticket for me, and i was in business status. so as a new comer in US i was kind of anxious that how i am gonna reach here, without any trouble. everybody was so afraid of me, that i wont be able to make it. i was afraid too. but couldnt show them that i am nervous or afraid.the last step of our airport was with my mom and family. after a certain area i become alone. no body is there now. so i have to take of my own. firt i saw 2 couple i guess they were newly married and i got sticked with them. the husband become interested to me, and started to talk to me. i was like, i am a new traveller so, i need help. he was like warm hearted and told me there will be no problem if i stick with them. oh!! all on a sudden the wife came and asked what he was doing with me? he was like nothing "she(me) need help and he was trying to help me. wife got angry and told him, that he dont need to help me out. then i became realize , i gave my step in a wrong place. so i politely told them,"hey u dont have to worry about me, i will be fine " that was the time in our bangladeshi airport, waiting to get into my plane. so after all checking i went to the plane and asked the air attendent , that i need help, as the matter of i am new traveller. she was like "ok!! i will be there, just go upstair and take ur sit" and she left. now what the heck, where is the upstair...so, i followed a guy, he was taking stairs, so, then i reailzed my status in the plane is very high. on that business flight, i saw lots of wealthy people, who were just browsing notebook(computer), reading papers or sleeping. i was like :?. where the hell i am? is that place called business status. i was only person who was 20 years old and lost in mid age group. anyway, i was trying to relax myself, also looking for someone who might help me out when i need that. then suddenly a guy appear, he was a pilot, and told me, u must me lilian? i was like again :?. so i told yah, i am. you? he told me that my brother is his known person, and he requested him to look after me. i was so happy to hear that. then he told me he will be with this flight until we reach somewhere in between the flight which i forgot the destination, and then some other flight attendent will help me out if i need any.

i was happy, and delightful by his behaviour. i thought he was really promising me that he was gona look after me. but hey, 1 to 2 hours left no body came and asked me a single question. i was so starving and so sleepy at that time. ait hostess didnt give enough priority to me. they thought i am young and i wont say anything to them. yah, i surely couldnt say anything of their behaviour, coz my english was so poor and i was scared at that time. then after waiting 5 long hours when my flight stop in a airpor,, a lady came to check all the guest in my room. her name was jenny. i will never forget her, she is still an angel to me. so, she appeared and asked me, do i need anything or not? so, i gave her a poor look , which means, i dont know anything and i need someones help badly. so, she sat beside me, showed all the equipment , like t.v, or how to use the sit, if i wanna sleep, how our plane is travelling through the skies and so on. then she told me she will be back later to check me . she spent 1 hours to make me feel relax and not to be worried about flights, and she will be with me someother destination(which i also forgot). and then she left. i was so thankful to her, just because she helped me out with so many things,later when i wanted to meet with her again, other flight attened told me she left the plane.

i felt bad becuse at that time i couldnt say any thanks to her or couldnt show my greatfulness to her.
so i was waiting until my plane land in london airport. at the airport..when i was getting out from the plane, i asked another hostess that i need help, coz next flight is miami and i dont know which terminal i have to take. she told the pilot about my problem, and the guy showed me where i have to go. he was also very helpful. then in london airpor, while i was waiting in the waiting room, met with a women, who was also from my country and told me she is going to visit her son. i was happy to know that i have a company now. i walked around the airport small showroom and watched everything. my plane was arrived like 5 o'clock in the morning. so i had to wait 2 hours to go to the lounge. at that time i started to talk with a indian lady who had her own indian shop in the airport. she was funny as usual. all on a sudden i saw i lost my company of other bangladeshi. i might was so busy doing something else and she might couldnt keep up with me and she got lost. anyway, i am alone again. at 7 o clock entered the lounge room ,and waiting over there. a lady came who was jews and religious started to talk to me. i dont know what exactly happen she started to preach me. i was very nervous beacuse her apperaence was kinda scary. so i started ignore her and to be alone. then i saw shower room in the lounge and i thought this was place that i can clean up myself. so , when i pushed the door to open, unfortunaly the fire alarm started to ring :?. but i didnt know that fire alarm is going on and the all airport co-ordinate become anxious something happne in the lounge room. they complain that some one might be set the fire alarm. they checked and found i was that stupid person. so, the lady started to call me a noisy person. lolzz..didnt know what noisy means so, i was so happy that i got someones attraction. then the preacher lady asked me not to go to the room again, because this was emergency exit room. lolz. i was like, thats mean i made another mistake . :x. she told me nothing to worry, coz everything is under control now. so i felt relax and started to drink coffee. suddenly i saw a little girl who was watching cartoon. cartoon is my all time favourite show so, i sit near her, and asked what cartoon she was watching. she was very friendly and started to talk with me. we were laughing , gigling and so on. suddenly i got remember that my flight is gonna be soon and i have find out the terminal. and i am here in the lounge having fun without worry. so i asked the girl, where she is going and when is her next flight. the she told me, she is going to miami with her dad, and her flight was same time as me. then i was wondering she is sittining alone here and where is her dad. so i asked where is ur dad? she told>."her dad is the piolot" oh what the heck i was hanging out with a piolots daughter. haha. i was a stupid then. i didnt know that, they dont mind to talk with anyone, even if they are president or so on. so then i went to the reciption center and asked about my flight. the lady gave me news that" my dad called me and he is worried about me" and the lady complain my dad that i was noisy over there. :x. so then i left the room and started to find out my terminal. london airport is so big that i got lost. i was running at the same place again and again. then suddenly i saw many people are comming towards me, which means i was going in the wrong direction. i started to follow the people(still didnt know where i am going). all on a sudden i saw the little lady and her father and another lady comming from the other direction. i started to run towards them and asked the girl. "hey ur flight is for miami right? she was like yes!! i said i am going to miami too, can i follow u?? her dad was very nice, and told me sure u can. and the lady with them was jenny :shock:. i was that happy and that nevous couldnt say her a single hello to her, i thought she might be in the same flight with me, and i will show my gratitute to her. so, then we reach to the miami terminal and waited there for a while. i get into the plane, and they gave me a sit, which was misplaced. i asked the hostess to check the sit, that it is ok or not? she called the police, and thought i am making mistake, and i am young enough to have business class. i was so mad, and showed him the ticket. he appolozise and left. the guy sat beside me was a pakistani and was mid age. he was really a wierdo. he started to talk to me, and when i told about the liberation war of 1971 war. he started to tell me he is sorry that his country and my country had fight over language. (pakistan and bangladesh had fight for language and many people died that time) . i tried to make him relax, that its not his fault. but he become so curious about me. he started to follow my every movement. if i choose something to eat, he choose the same thing, if i dont eat, he also doesnt eat. if i look outside e also try to look outside. oh!! that was really terrible time. i couldnt tell him not to do that beacuse i had no idea what to say to that person at that time. after few hours i landed in the miami airport, and there i had to do some paper works for my immigration. after all this done i had only 20 min left to catch the next flight for N.CAROLINA. so, i become so anxious, where to go? i had to pickup my lugage . but i couldnt find any of my lougage. when i went to the lost and found office to complain about my lugage they treat me like, i am a baby and i have to wait until the line has finished. i requested them, that i am getting late for my flight and they need to be hurry about it. they didnt care about it. i found the descrimintion there. i waited and finally could submit my lost and found papers to them.
then, i started to look for my terminal. they have one thing their terminal was so big and not well organized. i was waliking and suddenly a black guy asked me do i need any help or not? i told him i am looking for "D"terminal and is there anyway he can show me that. he told me the direction. uff it was long walk for me. then finally i found out the main terminal, to reachNC. but the plane was delay. so when i went to the plane, the guy next to me, was very courious because i was earing our indian cloths which is calle "salware". i closed my eyes and tried to relax, he started to ask me many question. so, i had to tell him, i am tired and i need sleep. belive me, it was 3 days journey for me, and couldnt sleep propaly, couldnt eat proparly, even talk properly. i was so lost and frustrated. then finally i reach to my dad. he was waiting in the ariport to receive me. i couldnt say anything, just beacuse i was so numb during flight. then i came to realize i am in US. haha...that was the story to reach here. a hectic and adventureous journey for me.

sorry folks its a long post..... :lol:
English is my second language
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Wow Lilian what an odyssey!!! I read the whole lot and I can tell you it made me laugh sometimes (above all the part with the fire alarm :D). I guess that might have been a real nightmare for you. A poor 20-yr-old girl, traveling alone for 3 days. And how come you can remember every single moment of the journey?

I'm sure that if you got to travel alone again it would be completely different now ;)
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

Dixie wrote:Wow Lilian what an odyssey!!! I read the whole lot and I can tell you it made me laugh sometimes (above all the part with the fire alarm :D). I guess that might have been a real nightmare for you. A poor 20-yr-old girl, traveling alone for 3 days. And how come you can remember every single moment of the journey?

I'm sure that if you got to travel alone again it would be completely different now ;)
haha thx for reading such a long post dixie. hmm dont know how did i recall all those, but i skipped something, sometime. lolzz. anyway..yah i guess that will totally different if i travel now.

i was totally a homy person befor i came in US. never knew i have to travel like that, now i know life has changed, i have to travel a lot just because i have friends in so many places..hehehe..
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

lilian, ur trip to USA was real fun! and I think it was real adventure-travelling!
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

you are so funny, espesially the fire bell, I like you :D :D :D :D
Aiza

Post by Aiza »

RedRose, you write :
so many opportunities to go abroad for trips!
When I was young ( hum ; ... I mean younger than now...)(he,he) and I began working, I used to spent ALL the money I earned on trips. I WAS FREE!!
I was never at home on weekends or on holidays. My friends and I used to go t the mountains on weekends and take photographs tothe animals (quite difficult) and to the landscape. Good weather, bad weather, it was the same for us.We always went. On summer we did the same, but on countries far away, if we could.
As you see I never saved money in those days. A few years later, when the rest of my friends and family had chidren, a house,... I had nothing of that. I had no money!
9 years ago we were about to go to China (yes!). I´ve always wanted to go there. But suddenly another idea come to my head. Children. I wanted to have babies. I only thought about that. Children, children, children. It was like a sickness! Terrible! And children came, and the house,....and then I had no time, no money for trips!!

Life is like that. You can not have all what you want. If you want to make trips, perhaps you must renounce to another things.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

wow! you have ever planed to go on a trip to China!!!

Azia, I hope you can realize your dream about China in the future!
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by charlotte »

i call that one a crazy trip. you're so brave to travel on your own. you certainly never let the chance of going to US slipped away.

lucky you since there are some who assisted you during your travel...oh, should i say journey? :wink: :lol: if i were on your place, naaah...i'll just forgety about it. i'll just stay home and watch tv. hehehe.

so what did you do in the US?
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Charlotte, lilian is a Bengal-USA immigrant, and now she is an university student.

BTW, she is pretty :wink:
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by charlotte »

in the US? what course is she taking up? :shock:
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

RedRose wrote:Charlotte, lilian is a Bengal-USA immigrant, and now she is an university student.

Lilian is pretty... like you RedRose? :D

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

jonrey10 wrote:
RedRose wrote:Charlotte, lilian is a Bengal-USA immigrant, and now she is an university student.

bola
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

pinas wrote:
jonrey10 wrote:

bola
Sis, i'm not making "bola".
I'm trying to make "career" here.

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

why "sya"?
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

I like "chinky-eyed", ya know... :?

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

hehe... :lol: :lol: :lol:
it's just so funny
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

pooh is not "singkit"!!!
hey lilian..do you know a place in bangladesh named gulshan? is it a city or something..it's my friend's name...she was born there!!!
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

pinas wrote:pooh is not "singkit"!!!
hey lilian..do you know a place in bangladesh named gulshan? is it a city or something..it's my friend's name...she was born there!!!
She is... slightly chinky-eyed... :roll:

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

no she's not..she's so filipina and filipinas are not chinky eyed
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

I said, slight only.
Anyways, she made my heart beats for her.
I have so many types & appreciation for a woman, ya know. :wink:

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

jonrey10 wrote:I said, slight only.
Anyways, she made my heart beats for her.
I have so many types & appreciation for a woman, ya know. :wink:
she even said she's not..hehe...
yeah i know what you're saying but that's not what i'm talking about...
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

jonrey10 wrote:

thanks jonrey!

I have to say that lilian is prettier than me!
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

charlotte wrote:in the US? what course is she taking up? :shock:
I remember lilian is studying science.
Last edited by RedRose on Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

pinas wrote:
jonrey10 wrote:

bola
what is "bola", honey?
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

bola is ball in tagalog...jonrey likes chinky eyed women and filipinas have round eyes
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

pinas wrote:bola is ball in tagalog...jonrey likes chinky eyed women and filipinas have round eyes
tulip-pinas, then who has chinky eyes? :wink:
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

you do
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

Yes, RedRose, I like those eyes of yours... :D

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

jonrey10 wrote:Yes, RedRose, I like those eyes of yours... :D
redrose, jonrey's eyes are chinky as well...
why don't you post your pic dude? i think you look good together...
yihee
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

Pinas......

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

what?
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

hahahaha! jonrey10 and pinas, you two are really nuts!!

BTW, jonrey, u told me that your recent avatar was ur pic, but from pinas's post, it seemed that you were lying to me, right?

upload your pic, please.... :wink:

and BTW, I think jonrey has feelings for tulip-pinas :lol:
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

I don't have a feeling for Pinas. She's my sis. :D

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

RedRose wrote:hahahaha! jonrey10 and pinas, you two are really nuts!!

BTW, jonrey, u told me that your recent avatar was ur pic, but from pinas's post, it seemed that you were lying to me, right?

tulip??
he has feelings for pooh...i got big eyes!!!
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

Yes, Pinas is right. I got feelings for her, but.... :(

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

why tulip?
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

I'm not lying RedRose, both of them are my pictures. :D

Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

charlotte wrote:i call that one a crazy trip. you're so brave to travel on your own. you certainly never let the chance of going to US slipped away.

lucky you since there are some who assisted you during your travel...oh, should i say journey? :wink: :lol: if i were on your place, naaah...i'll just forgety about it. i'll just stay home and watch tv. hehehe.

so what did you do in the US?
yah that was crzy trip..my parents surprised when i reached in US. they thought i would be lost. chance!!! girl i didnt even wanted to come here.......i came here for my parents... :?

yah i was lucky....hehe everyone loves me and try to help me when i am helpless;)......

thanks charlotte....
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

yah pinas i know about this place. so she is ur friend? where is she now?? whats her name????
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

Lilian wrote:

yah pinas i know about this place. so she is ur friend? where is she now?? whats her name????
she's filipino...her mom when there when she was pregnant and gave bith there as well so she was named after the place...she's my friend and she's here now...!!!!
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

Where is RedRose? I miss her already... :wink:

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

yihee!!!!