The Olympic games in BEijing,2008

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

The Olympic games in BEijing,2008

Post by greatJim »

I think Beijing is a good place for travellers.
they said the Tiananmen Square is the biggest square in the world.
One will easily be lost there. 8)
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

Yes, it's a nice place.

c",) I'm here... all the way c",)
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

jonrey10 wrote:Yes, it's a nice place.
have you been there?
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

Yes, during the 1990 Asian Games in Beijing.

greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

Till now,I have been here in Beijing for about 10years.But i am too lazy,so there are many places i had not arrived.
Most of my friends live here.I think maybe i will leave here someday.But i will miss this city.
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

jonrey10 wrote:Yes, during the 1990 Asian Games in Beijing.
Although I don't believe the words here in the forum,i think I should believe Jonrey10's sometimes.
yes,I was a sophomore that year.Now it changed a lot. :lol: :lol:
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

greatJim wrote:
jonrey10 wrote:Yes, during the 1990 Asian Games in Beijing.
Although I don't believe the words here in the forum,i think I should believe Jonrey10's sometimes.
yes,I was a sophomore that year.Now it changed a lot. :lol: :lol:

Thanks GreatJim.

Asep
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Asep »

Do you remember something inhuman that happened in this square? The ruthless massacre which involved the Chinese military force? I can't recall the year. Maybe I'll go find it out through the search engine later.
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

Asep wrote:Do you remember something inhuman that happened in this square? The ruthless massacre which involved the Chinese military force? I can't recall the year. Maybe I'll go find it out through the search engine later.
Yes,that's an important history ,as all the people can't forget.
caiqinqian

Post by caiqinqian »

As a person living in beijing, I must admit there are still a lot of problem in Beijing such as polution,traffic jam,too political and so on,but we are making great effort to make this city more beautiful and we believe as a place with long history,it has strong vital force.we believe that when we open our mind welcome the world, the world will welcome us in response.
CC
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

caiqinqian wrote:As a person living in beijing, I must admit there are still a lot of problem in Beijing such as polution,traffic jam,too political and so on,but we are making great effort to make this city more beautiful and we believe as a place with long history,it has strong vital force.we believe that when we open our mind welcome the world, the world will welcome us in response.
sounds like you were a government speaker. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

I don't know about you guys but regardless of what Beijing is like, I will definitely try to make it out there for the 2008 Olympics!
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Techer! welcome to GuangZhou!
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

caiqinqian wrote:As a person living in beijing, I must admit there are still a lot of problem in Beijing such as polution,traffic jam,too political and so on,but we are making great effort to make this city more beautiful and we believe as a place with long history,it has strong vital force.we believe that when we open our mind welcome the world, the world will welcome us in response.
Great!
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Yes, although there are lots of problems in BeiJing, however, BeiJing guys are as nice as caiqinqian! that is why I am ready to go to BeiJing for Olympic!ImageImage[/url]
vincent_thyme

Post by vincent_thyme »

I would go to Beijing as a volunteer in 2008 when Beijing Olympic Games was held.
Can i meet all of you.guys?
eyes_on_me
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Are you Chinese, Vincent_thyme?

It would be great to meet all EC members in the Olympics! ;)
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

the olimpic

Post by Elba »

It would be a dream for me visit chine some day. I could get there only if I win the lotery.
But maybe we can do anything to meet us at Beijin in 2008, we have 3 years to get the money for the airplane ticket.

I mean my proposal is that the ECmembers from China do a report of expenses at China, like food, Hotel, transportation, etc. If someone could give us a place where we can sleep we save the money for the hotel. Then we only have the expenses in food and transportation. Maybe some of our friends at China know which days the museums are free, then we save money too, and in this way we can do our trip becaming cheap. and we can meet us.
What do you think?
lucy_liu

Post by lucy_liu »

Asep wrote:Do you remember something inhuman that happened in this square? The ruthless massacre which involved the Chinese military force? I can't recall the year. Maybe I'll go find it out through the search engine later.
Hi, Asep. I'm from Beijing. Yeah, when the incident happened, I was 9. Though, it was a true thing, I think it should not have been the most important thing in Beijing, since there was at least one the same incident happened in any other big city in the world. it is common for the progress of politics and society. do you think so?

The most important thing is that Beijing is much more cleaner and beautiful than before. The days possessing bule sky are more and more. Though the traffic problem and other some problems are also serious, you can't be albe to make no sense of her great advancement.

Welcome to Beijing whenever and whoever!

like announcement from government? :D
lucy_liu

Post by lucy_liu »

Hi, Asep. I'm from Beijing. Yeah, when the incident happened, I was 9. Though, it was a true thing, I think it should not have been the most important thing in Beijing, since there was at least one the same incident happened in any other big city in the world. it is common for the progress of politics and society. do you think so?

The most important thing is that Beijing is much more cleaner and beautiful than before. The days possessing bule sky are more and more. Though the traffic problem and other some problems are also serious, you can't be albe to make no sense of her great advancement.

Welcome to Beijing whenever and whoever!

like announcement from government? :D
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

olimpic games

Post by Elba »

I think it should not have been the most important thing in Beijing, since there was at least one the same incident happened in any other big city in the world
Lucy if you refer to the succed in Tiananmen square at 1989 I should tell you that it was too important and the fact put the chinese government in a bad position in the international comunity.

Not all the days government kill young people because they dislike, because they think different. At México at 1968 there was a similar fact, at square Tlatelolco, and now, 36 years later citizen continuo thinking the government was wrong, and the autors of that killing should pay for the crime.

If Beigin is a beautiful city with good enviromental very good, but I think first is the respect. the respect to the ideas of the people, that is Democracy.

Well that is my pint of view, sorry if I said something that you dislike.
lucy_liu

Re: olimpic games

Post by lucy_liu »

Elba wrote:
I think it should not have been the most important thing in Beijing, since there was at least one the same incident happened in any other big city in the world
Lucy if you refer to the succed in Tiananmen square at 1989 I should tell you that it was too important and the fact put the chinese government in a bad position in the international comunity.

Not all the days government kill young people because they dislike, because they think different. At México at 1968 there was a similar fact, at square Tlatelolco, and now, 36 years later citizen continuo thinking the government was wrong, and the autors of that killing should pay for the crime.

If Beigin is a beautiful city with good enviromental very good, but I think first is the respect. the respect to the ideas of the people, that is Democracy.

Well that is my pint of view, sorry if I said something that you dislike.

Hi,Elba. Don't mind, I'm not dislike what you said. A lot of things in the world couldn't be distinguished which is right absolutly or which is wrong thoroughly, do you think so?

I don't think the point of view of the young people was wrong, because the younger had their advantages own. Of course, the goverment didn't deal with that issue without any right point. The goverment had its advantages for the whole situation of whole country.

The most important thing I think is to holding peaceful environment to make people live better and better. Do you think so?

Thank you for your opinon.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

oLYMPIC GAMES

Post by Elba »

The most important thing I think is to holding peaceful environment to make people live better and better. Do you think so?
Yeha! I totaly agree, but that environment only can get it with respect of the ideas and not with violence. Well you are young, and I´m sure the responsability of younger people is to work for that enviroment. In our countries had happened difficult situations, they were yesterday, today is a new day, we should find new ways to get the objetive .
lucy_liu

Re: oLYMPIC GAMES

Post by lucy_liu »

Elba wrote:
Yeha! I totaly agree, but that environment only can get it with respect of the ideas and not with violence. Well you are young, and I´m sure the responsability of younger people is to work for that enviroment. In our countries had happened difficult situations, they were yesterday, today is a new day, we should find new ways to get the objetive .
You are right! The respect each other is more important and correct way to settle the diverge than violence.

I don't know your age, but as an younger in China, I hope the peacefur enviroment is full of each country, not only in China but also in Mexico. Maybe there is some difference opinion on something based on our difference growing background, but it is must be same that we like the peace and will be holding the peace.

Welcome to Tian'an men square, after all, it is the biggest square in the world.

BTW, is there any beautiful square in your country? I wanna to know some about it. Thank you! :D
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Olympic games

Post by Elba »

Well Tlatelolco square is too beuatifull. It is called the square of three cultures, prehispanic culture, colonial culture and modern culture, and in the square there are buildings representantive of that cultures.
Now I have to go bed. I´m so tired but maybe in the next days I could send you photos.
donis
Rising Star
Rising Star

About Beijing

Post by donis »

hi,
ı want to learn more about there,
would you like give me more detail about there?
donis
Rising Star
Rising Star

About Beijing

Post by donis »

hi,
[/code]
snow~boy

Post by snow~boy »

So members come from China ........
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Many of them! :D
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

olympic

Post by Elba »

donis wrote:hi,
About what? Tlaltelolco, China, olympic games, about what?
donis
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: olympic

Post by donis »

Elba wrote:
donis wrote:hi,
About what? Tlaltelolco, China, olympic games, about what?
ı want to learn about china and culture about there and some place for visit ...
phumita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: The Olympic games in BEijing,2008

Post by phumita »

greatJim wrote:I think Beijing is a good place for travellers.
And there was a very important history event. Is it right?
masa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by masa »

I have never been to Beijing. But I studied Chinese a little bit in my university.I think it is more difficutl than English.
If I had a time, I would like to go to China, especially Beijing. :D
falling snow

Re: The Olympic games in BEijing,2008

Post by falling snow »

greatJim wrote:I think Beijing is a good place for travellers.
i totally agree with it
i love beijing ,i love china
falling snow
chenyuli

Post by chenyuli »

I'm a Chinese girl. But unlucky I have not gone to Beijing. My thought is that I will go to Beijing in 2008, so that I can see the Olypmic with my eyes in Beijing. I hope it will be come true. And welcome every one to China in 2008. :D