The farthest place ever went to

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

User avatar
kimo
Silver Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Any Place my Country

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:35 pm

yeas ,but not allowed to any one special me :wink: ( no I’m joking but really I climbed little bit :D
B 4 ME

greatJim
Gold Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:00 am
Location: China
Contact:

Postby greatJim » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:01 am

Dixie wrote:Hahaha my mind's still there :D

I am often missing the island,too,where the air is cleaner,the people is more friendly,and many other interesting.

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:19 pm

the farthest place I even went? it is HA Er Bin of China. northern China. it is really nice. and people there speak Mandarin very authenically! sounded like some nice music! :lol:

User avatar
galicano
Gold Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:57 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Postby galicano » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:21 pm

the farthest place i've been to inside the country (i have'nt been outside yet) is a planeride down south, about 1.5 hours. the city is called dumaguete in the island of negros occidental, part of the visayan group of island of the philippines.

located there is siliman university, one of the oldest university in the philippines and its so huge!

if you know the island of cebu then its just a stonethrow away.
I'll slice you...
I'll dice you...
I'll chop you into pieces!! hiyah!


Image

User avatar
francine
Platinum Member
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Filipinas
Contact:

Postby francine » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:26 pm

galicano wrote:the farthest place i've been to inside the country (i have'nt been outside yet) is a planeride down south, about 1.5 hours. the city is called dumaguete in the island of negros occidental, part of the visayan group of island of the philippines.
located there is siliman university, one of the oldest university in the philippines and its so huge!
if you know the island of cebu then its just a stonethrow away.

mine was at CEBU. :roll: (part south). that was the farthest. we had a plane ride too. :roll: but i wish i could go anywhere in the other countries just like dixie. too bad, i don't have the money. :roll: :?
Image

Luke CN
Silver Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:14 am
Location: China
Contact:

Life is venture & travel in the most comprehensive terms

Postby Luke CN » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:10 am

Life itself is venture & travel. How about let us talk about the interested things that you have experienced during your past days.

Share our opions and experiences to get a better understanding of this world and our life itself.

:D
Luke

Linhpn96
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:35 am

Postby Linhpn96 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:41 pm

The farthest place I've been to is the USA, and I'm still there. Life is full of suprises. I never thought of living in the USA, but I do. I never thought of dropping out of college, but I did.... :cry:
Best wishes,

Luke CN
Silver Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:14 am
Location: China
Contact:

Postby Luke CN » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:22 am

Linhpn96 wrote:The farthest place I've been to is the USA, and I'm still there. Life is full of suprises. I never thought of living in the USA, but I do. I never thought of dropping out of college, but I did.... :cry:


Life is full of opportunity! Neve give up! Be ready to what you need to face to, then you can be a success.

Chear up Lin!!

Linhpn96
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:35 am

Postby Linhpn96 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:25 am

Thanks! Luke! Yes, life is full of opportunities. I'll remember it! Thanks again! :)
Best wishes,

Luke CN
Silver Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:14 am
Location: China
Contact:

Postby Luke CN » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:10 am

Linhpn96 wrote:Thanks! Luke! Yes, life is full of opportunities. I'll remember it! Thanks again! :)


You are welcome! Lin.

More to learn from you in the future.


best wishes

-luke-

greatJim
Gold Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:00 am
Location: China
Contact:

Postby greatJim » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:05 am

I often imagine the life in the USA.but the friends from there said they were not fond of it.

I don't know what happen.but in my opinion,at least america is better than China.

So I said to myself,I will try to go there.

chenyuli
Silver Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:59 am
Location: china
Contact:

Postby chenyuli » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:08 am

greatJim wrote:I often imagine the life in the USA.but the friends from there said they were not fond of it.

I don't know what happen.but in my opinion,at least america is better than China.

So I said to myself,I will try to go there.

Hi, GreatJim, I also think America is better than China. I want to to America in the near futher.Maybe this is only a dream. Who can help me achieve my dream? The answer is: no one can help you, only myself.

User avatar
kimo
Silver Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Any Place my Country

Postby kimo » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:09 pm

Hi there…
Really I feel bad when I hear any one says that USA better than his Country…
I don’t mean that I don’t like USA but I have to love my Country even if poor Country because it remembers me good and bad situation I faced I don’t know how can I explain that feeling especially when u be with ur family and friends but if u go to USA u have to work too much (we as foreign people in USA) and the main thing in ur live will be the money….maybe the live in USA very nice …but still I insist that I have to love my Country…
This is my opinion …is there any comment.??.!!!! :roll:
B 4 ME

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6337
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:25 am

francine wrote: but i wish i could go anywhere in the other countries just like dixie.


You know, Dixie doesn't travel a lot either :roll: The last time I went abroad was 4 years and a half ago :( :( :(

User avatar
Lalee
Platinum Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Peru

Postby Lalee » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:54 pm

kimo wrote:Hi there…
Really I feel bad when I hear any one says that USA better than his Country…
I don’t mean that I don’t like USA but I have to love my Country even if poor Country because it remembers me good and bad situation I faced I don’t know how can I explain that feeling especially when u be with ur family and friends but if u go to USA u have to work too much (we as foreign people in USA) and the main thing in ur live will be the money….maybe the live in USA very nice …but still I insist that I have to love my Country…
This is my opinion …is there any comment.??.!!!! :roll:


You are so right Kimo! While I was reading the posts above yours, I felt so sad. Even though our own country is not perfect, it's still the place where we were born, and where we had a lot of experiences as well. Too bad that some people cannot appreciate that. I know that everyone wants to look for a better future somewhere else, but does not mean that your country is worse than other.
Anyways, I wouldn't like to travel to USA because everybody wants to go there so it is not THAT interesting then. I think I'd prefer going to Canada or Austrelia.
Guys, USA is not wonderland. You could have a bright future even in your own country.
I believe that if you really want something out of life, you really have to sacrifice and work hard. Everything is possible when there's decisiveness. :)

User avatar
Unknownsu
Platinum Member
Posts: 884
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Postby Unknownsu » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:11 am

Lalee wrote:Guys, USA is not wonderland. You could have a bright future even in your own country.


There's no greater truth than this! Excellent words, my little dork!

User avatar
Lalee
Platinum Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Peru

Postby Lalee » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:21 am

Thank you my :mrgreen: goofy teacher

greatJim
Gold Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:00 am
Location: China
Contact:

Postby greatJim » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:55 am

I mean if there is chance to go outside,I will not give up.wherever it is. :mrgreen:

User avatar
kimo
Silver Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Any Place my Country

Postby kimo » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:04 am

Lalee
Thank u….and Good Luck..
B 4 ME

User avatar
sunshine81
Silver Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:43 pm
Location: Wuppertal
Contact:

Postby sunshine81 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:34 pm

What is it about the USA that everybody is so fascinated about it? Well, I am , too. I want to do my MBA there - if i ever have the money. :cry:

But still - everybody is just fascinated about going there :? ...

manrat
Silver Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 6:06 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Germany/USA

Postby manrat » Sun May 22, 2005 6:39 pm

I'm from Germany but live now in the USA, so that would be the farthest. What a looong 12 hour flight :?


Return to “Adventure & Travel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests