Travel Anecdotes

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: hello again:)

Post by essie »

hereiam wrote:well... essie - nice story. Quite interesting. but I know some men that aren't better and probably they also live in Hanoi. For example here and there you can meet men who onanize themselves in public place! Awful thing!
Don't such things happen in Hanoi?
I don't disagree with you. I never said male prostitutes don't exist.
Well... besides I still think that the girl who didn't want to give back Unknownsu's cigaretters wasn't ok at all.
I agree in that what she did was wrong, but I feel that most of us rush to judging a person based on one incident. Jimmy's friend may very well be an extremely kind person that simply doesn't know when to stop a joke.

As for calling someone a prostitute based on their opportunistic behavior, I would also suggest that we’d be rushing to a judgment. If we judged an entire person based on one single incident, we wouldn’t be able to trust anyone.
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Btw, for those of you who care, Part 2 is on its way. Just a short delay...
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

essie wrote:I agree in that what she did was wrong, but I feel that most of us rush to judging a person based on one incident. Jimmy's friend may very well be an extremely kind person that simply doesn't know when to stop a joke.

As for calling someone a prostitute based on their opportunistic behavior, I would also suggest that we’d be rushing to a judgment. If we judged an entire person based on one single incident, we wouldn’t be able to trust anyone.
Y'know, I wish they had a clapping smiley. You're right, when I was stressing over finding a new place to stay, Chi Chi was more worried than me as she ran around looking for the best deal for me.

As for your story, are you still going with the original plan?

And do you know we're talking smack about you on Multiply? :roll:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

essie wrote:I feel that most of us rush to judging a person based on one incident.
Hey, you hypocrite! You always judge me by what I do!
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Unknownsu wrote:Y'know, I wish they had a clapping smiley. You're right, when I was stressing over finding a new place to stay, Chi Chi was more worried than me as she ran around looking for the best deal for me.

As for your story, are you still going with the original plan?

And do you know we're talking smack about you on Multiply?
:roll:
Yes, I will tell part two soon.

Talking smack about me or talking about smacking me? I prefer option 2 :wink:
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Unknownsu wrote:
essie wrote:I feel that most of us rush to judging a person based on one incident.
Hey, you hypocrite! You always judge me by what I do!
But you're fun to hurt, so it's okay :roll:
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

LennyeTran wrote:
essie wrote:
lol... You're were wrong, just admit it Lennye.
I beg your pardon? :?
I beg your pardon! :idea:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

essie wrote:Yes, I will tell part two soon.

Talking smack about me or talking about smacking me? I prefer option 2 :wink:
Sigh.....the flake has done it again....

It's no wonder why we're being bashed on Multiply.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Hey Ehsan, I came up with the most devious plan. It's almost certain that in Hue, Megan's name is already covered and surrounded by losers, right? How about this? We go there with our markers and.......a can of spray paint! What'd ya say, what'd ya say?
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Since we're waiting for Essie's second part, you can download a short clip from my trip to California. It's nothing special but kinda interesting.

Please note:
- It's my first trip to the States
- It's my first time seeing/firing a gun
- Quality is not great because it's a recording of a recording
- The gun I'm firing is a .40 caliber pistol
- Size of file is 45Mb; length is 2 mins

How to download:
Go to the download screen and click on Free. Wait for the download ticket timer to run down and then enter the letters/numbers and click on the download bar next to it.

Download Here
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

Yes, we are waiting for essie's second part...

Unknownsu, you did pretty good on the shooting range. I want to shoot something too! :twisted:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Thanks, Fiver, I will twist his arm to get his second part asap.

Actually, I think it was beginner's luck. Did you notice my hand flinging in all directions? I was so afraid I couldn't control the gun and shoot myself or my cousins. :?
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

:lol: I did notice but I didn't want to bring it up. I didn't want to make you seem more pathetic. :lol: J/K.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Unknownsu wrote:Since we're waiting for Essie's second part, you can download a short clip from my trip to California. It's nothing special but kinda interesting.

Please note:
- It's my first trip to the States
- It's my first time seeing/firing a gun
- Quality is not great because it's a recording of a recording
- The gun I'm firing is a .40 caliber pistol
- Size of file is 45Mb; length is 2 mins

How to download:
Go to the download screen and click on Free. Wait for the download ticket timer to run down and then enter the letters/numbers and click on the download bar next to it.

Download Here
It took ages to download :D How old were you? :lol:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Dixie wrote: It took ages to download :D How old were you? :lol:
Sorry, Dixie, I made note of your concern. I'll have my financial advisor call that download website next thing tomorrow morning.

As for my age at the time....well.....I took the trip in 2000 so that would make me....59 :shock: . In Spanish years, that would be 22, give or take a few months. 8)
Last edited by Unknownsu on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

FIVER wrote::lol: I did notice but I didn't want to bring it up. I didn't want to make you seem more pathetic. :lol: J/K.
You didn't want to say it but you said it anyway. Oh, man, this is so not good for my self-esteem. :cry:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Urgh, there's something wrong here. My posts keep appearing and disappearing and editing themselves.... :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Unknownsu wrote:Urgh, there's something wrong here. My posts keep appearing and disappearing and editing themselves.... :?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Hey gang!

My apologies for the delay... I recently came to the realization that free time comes to a halt once married :P . Part 2 is coming soon!
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

essie wrote:Part 2 is coming soon!
You've been saying that since last year!!!!
I don't believe you anymore. :x
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

violet wrote:You have been married? :shock: We didn't get your marriage invitation :( :(
Yup! Married... I sent out the invitations. You didn't get yours? Damn the international post!
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Lalee wrote:
essie wrote:Part 2 is coming soon!
You've been saying that since last year!!!!
I don't believe you anymore. :x
Oh the story from last year? That one won't be done for some time coming... I was referring to the second part of "Twice The Fun".
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

And I was referring to both. I know you won't finish the second part of the first story and the same goes for the last story you posted and let us hanging.
If you post the second part before Sunday, I'll do anything for you. How about that? :wink:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

essie wrote: I recently came to the realization that free time comes to a halt once married :P . Part 2 is coming soon!
Nice excuse, I would use the same. :wink:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

essie wrote:I was referring to the second part of "Twice The Fun".
I think people are too ungrateful. Perhaps we should start posting our stories somewhere else...
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Lalee wrote:If you post the second part before Sunday, I'll do anything for you. How about that? :wink:
You shouldn't be making promises you don't intend to keep.
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Twice the Fun Part 2

We’ve always been told to respect the elderly but does it matter who the elderly is? Does it matter how they were raised, or better yet, does it matter what they have done? No - because they are the elderly and they haven’t got much longer, so we’re told to keep them happy, while they’re still around. And that’s what we do, that’s what is normal, but what does one do under abnormal circumstances?

I continued walking at a steady pace for a few minutes, a bit uneasy, but I slowly fell back into the familiarity and comfort of my surroundings. I began to enjoy that unexplainable feeling once again. I thought, “Man, every night has been fairly routine for the past few weeks. I wish something new would happen.” You can probably tell by now that I am a pretty optimistic person; one who welcomes adventure. It was as if I had forgotten the horrific, fleshy experience, which occurred only a few moments earlier.

From a distance, I spotted a man stumbling here and there. As he neared, it became obvious that he was out of his element; a white bloke, red faced and too drunk to know it. He stepped one foot forward and the other over, and as he attempted another step, He stumbled over himself and – SMACK – went his forehead. Face all scratched up, he looked up and sneered at me, as if to say, “Why the hell did ya throw that street at me?” I offered my hand and he shouted, “Kong Kow TEEN,” which I presumed was intended to come out as, “Khong co tien (don’t have money).” I figured he assumed I was trying to sell him something.

As I distanced myself from the drunk, I heard mumbles and cries drifting off into every direction of the night. Once again, I began to enter my aura of enlightenment but before I had a chance to embrace my world, another became evident. The surroundings slowly narrowed my attention to an old lady packing up for the night. Apparently, she was the last one to close her street stall as the only souls on that street were the two of us.

I slowed my pace, afraid of frightening her. She slowly turned towards me and grinned through seasoned, black teeth. Fighting back the need to vomit, I forced a smile in return. The old lady’s smile widened in response...and that scared me.

My path led me straight past her but before I was able to accomplish that, the old lady bent down to squat so fast I was sure I was not capable of such a speed. She then proceeded to remove her elastic-banded pants to reveal what I thought were wrinkly flesh-coloured undergarments.

I almost fell over as the realization of this horror registered to my brain. I jumped back in disgust and as I was doing so, this gave me the opportunity to digest what I was actually seeing. The flesh-coloured panties turned out to be the woman’s wrinkly old butt.

Then it happened.

Just when I was about to protest with my freedom as a human being, the old woman did the unspeakable. She defecated right in front of me.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO,” I screamed, as if my scream would erase my memories and return me back to where I came from.

She turned her head slightly and once again flashed me the smile I was sure she gave noone but me as her bottom still extruded out into the air.

“Jesus......Why? Why would you do such a thing?”

This incident has left an irremovable scar that will haunt me for as long as I live. If the monks are right and nothing happens without cause, my question is, what caused this night to happen to me?
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Lalee, I will get back to you on what I want you to do.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

I'm prepared to do anything you ask. :wink: :wink:
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

essie wrote:Twice the Fun Part 2

The old lady’s smile widened in response...and that scared me.
LOL, I don't know, I just found that particular scene hilarious.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

essie wrote:
I almost fell over as the realization of this horror registered to my brain. I jumped back in disgust and as I was doing so, this gave me the opportunity to digest what it was I was actually seeing. The flesh-coloured panties turned out to be the woman’s wrinkly old butt.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The wait was worth it!
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

hello:)

Post by hereiam »

Essie - I think you should collect your different stories and try to sell them. Who knows - maybe you will sell about 50 million copies worldwide and you wouldn't be forced to run across such awful areas like paths with defecating old women.
Really.
PS. I am wishing the same for myself though perverts and abnormal idiots happen to be even in business class as it seems to me :roll: or rather - specially there... :roll:
Cheers from drunk Poland;)
hereiam
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: hello:)

Post by Unknownsu »

hereiam wrote:Essie - I think you should collect your different stories and try to sell them. Who knows - maybe you will sell about 50 million copies worldwide and you wouldn't be forced to run across such awful areas like paths with defecating old women.
Really.
50 million copies??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think he should too. He has some amazing stories. Actually, we both have plenty of stories left but we are not going to write them.
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

books, books, books...:)

Post by hereiam »

well... you can write your stories but who will buy stories about defecating old women? hmmm... you write them in excellent style or ...I don't know...maybe to put some sensation there - like that the older woman after defecating started to follow essie with her big nose at the ground and at last she caught him and gave him an injection that made him dying among spasms of horrible pain....
:roll:
PS1. ...poor essie...:(
PS2. or put some feelings there and make essie ...felling in love with this UNCIVIL old-woman. then describe his fight for his love against whole HER family... :wink:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Well, who would like to buy real stories that are fictional? Are the stories really that well written? I, for one, beg to differ.

You do have a point though. Since Ehsan's story leaves us with a question mark, I think we should all write a paragraph or two on what we think happened after the old woman defecated in front of him. Let's put our creative minds to work. It'd be pretty interesting.
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

different tastes:)

Post by hereiam »

I think some people surely would buy it! Look- old women find pleasure in defecating in the centre of narrow track so people wouldnot buy a normal ~? In some countries... I can assure you that YES. They would buy even sooner that you could think.
However I am very unlucky person with my... bit different taste.
And I try to avoid ~ rather than falling into.
I hope I express my thoughts clearly. Even though my English is bit...broken(?) I don't think myself worthy less than a thief with annual income of 10 thousand. On the contrary - even better. And take care cause money don't have to equal what is called human intellect. Neither money nor your life position as it seems to me and people can always find similar to them and life can turn dramatically very fast sometimes. Faster than you could even think - I would say:) Specially as deals money issues:) Specially in US:)
Thanks God, by the way:)
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

I'm sorry but I honestly don't have the slightest clue as to what you are trying to say in the last post. :cry:
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

it is very simple

Post by hereiam »

don't worry- be happy Unknownsu:)
hereiam
PS. imagine that in chapter 22 of "Pride and Prejudice" Mr Collins proposed to Charlotte Lucas 3 days after proposing to Elisabeth Bennet. I feel I am disgusted!:( Men have always been pigs and it will never change, won't it?:( Luckily, Elisabeth has never loved Mr. Collins - but taking into account he was a clergyman - what low ambitions he had, indeed!:(
6 months after - I can understand somehow -but 3 days?!?
Poor Elisabeth - Charlotte has always been her best friend (apart from her older sister Jane).
I can imagine these all shrubbery-gossips in vicinity.
Well... it isn't too much bout travelling but - truly speaking - why not? Longbourn...Netherfield...very interesting travelling:)
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Ah, yes, I understand now. It's like the time I had an itch that wouldn't go away. I got so fed up that I named it Frank, the 7-year itch. I know, it doesn't have much to do with traveling. Wait, it does. Frank traveled with me. :wink:
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

Oh Unknownsu - look at this link!

Post by hereiam »

Wouldn't you like to have a journey to such a lovely place?
http://www.britishtours.com/prideandpre ... PgoduipjCg

Personally, I would prefer such a tour than...defecating old women;) You?:)
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Oh Unknownsu - look at this link!

Post by Unknownsu »

hereiam wrote:Wouldn't you like to have a journey to such a lovely place?
http://www.britishtours.com/prideandpre ... PgoduipjCg

Personally, I would prefer such a tour than...defecating old women;) You?:)
Does the tour include meeting Keira Knightley? If yes, I will definitely take it! :wink:

A tour like that would be magical. The pictured castle looks stunning but I'd rather choose a defecating woman over that because Europe, for the time being, is not my cup of tea. :wink:
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

travelling with last Elisabeth Bennet:)

Post by hereiam »

Wow Unknownsu - as I can see you have a good taste, that's great:)
but look at the pictures I have collected using the Web - she, unfortunately, seems to have her Mr. Darcy and maybe he doesn't look too...British but remembering Alan Broody (who I think he is) surely more than 10 thousand pounds of income a year...;)
http://readingprideandprejudice.blogspot.com/
nice travelling though:)
hereiam:)
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Why has everyone stopped posting here??? Boo to everyone.. Boo to me
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Maybe it's because you don't write here anymore? Boo to you and Jimmy. You two guys were supposed to keep this thread alive.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Essie,

youre writtings are a very delicious dish to read, since you don´t post I don´t want to visit the topic.
But if you are here again then I quit the diet and begin to taste your next literary creation.