Belgium and Austria

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Belgium and Austria

Post by Ms.A.Z »

hello e.c members

i need some help from u guys...i might be travelling soon inshallah if God (allah ) wills to Belgium or Austria..i dont know what is the wealth like or the life style there..i dont know what language(s) peoeple speak there..and i dont know what religion they follow..i am intrested to know these things any many more if any one of u have gone to those places or know about them then plz feel free to share it with me..thanks bye..
Mandy2

Post by Mandy2 »

I've been to Belgium a few times when I travelled across Europe. Belgium has 3 official languages: Dutch, French and German. There are approximately 75% of the Belgians who are Roman Catholic and the remaining 25% are Protestant and other religions. The kids are required to learn also English at school and from my own experience I have noticed that many Belgians speak very good English and are usually friendly and helpful.
They are speaking of course German in Austria. But don't worry, if you don't know German. Many people have chosen English as second language and you can use that to get around. The majority of Austrians is Roman Catholic (ca. 78%), 5% Protestant and other religions make up the last 17%. Austria has got a high living standard and some people across Europe consider Austria an expensive country. But that's something everyone can view differently and depends also on your own income, ... and what you can afford.
Well, you might wanna have a look at the so called "CIA world fact book". Just type this into http://www.google.com and there you'll find detailed basic information about all countries.
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

hi mandy

thanks alot for the information....i will keep them in mind when i will travel ..thanks bye
Mandy2

Post by Mandy2 »

By the way, I dont know in which country you live ... but consider that Belgium and Austria might have different electical systems. This could be important when you bring things like a hairdryer on your travels. You might not be able to use them without adapter.
Hope you will enjoy your stay. Those are great places to go with a rich cultural and historical background.
invisible

Post by invisible »

Hi all,

I think it's a very right decision to visit Belgium because this country is very beautiful. I think you would not miss the chance to stay in Bruxelles, because there you can see the EU community in mini-aturization. It's really magnific, however doesn't include the architectual works from the 10 new members of EU yet :(

Have a nice trip lady!
Going around the world
Trying to find the words
-A spot in the wind-
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

hello ec members

thanks alot (invisiable) for replying my messg and for the information. oooo yes i almost forgot can any one tell me what is the weather like in Belgium or Austria between the month of july and Aug thanks bye