Best country to visit

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

skony

Post by skony »

Visit Russia! :D
Usama

Post by Usama »

okay.
in my opinion Egypt is the best to be visited :D
it really deserves it.(not because it's my country :D )

and that's for me.
i wish i can visit paris :D
pink_cloud

Post by pink_cloud »

Welcome to Australia, the best choice for you to visit! :D
simplicity

hi there....

Post by simplicity »

have you ever visited Salalah in Oman??

it is really really really nice place ...

I was there two years ago...

regards
*&^^May Allah Be With Us^^&*
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Being and Australian I won't add that to the list! :lol:

I must admit I'm facinated with Ancient history so if I ever have the money to travel the first place I would go is Egypt. Followed quickly by Greece, Italy, Paris then England (Scotland, Ireland etc).

Then for the rest I would need THE GREEK ISLANDS!! Oh yes this sounds like bliss.

Now all I need is a sponsor or a lottery win!

8) 8) :)
waiting4sunny

Of my opinion

Post by waiting4sunny »

I like Provence. I think that is a beautiful city. I have a beautiful dream in there. I love there.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

I think unlinke most people that best countries to visit are those all forgotten little exotic places not inhabited by people... there is just this certain beauty within it.. not everyone can see it but still it's worth going somwhere unknown just to see what others didn't... but that's just my point of view... :)
hedwig14

european countries...

Post by hedwig14 »

i still have not traveled the world by means of transportation... but for me the best countries to visit are those in europe.. i like greece and italy. for me these countries resemble the ancient civilization.. France and UK are also viable countries to visit... they show the modern world and there are many chic places for you to go to... BON VOYAGE!!!
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

every country has something different to offer and we won't know about it unless we visit it ourselves. I'd like to go to Czech Rep. because it's not that famous like Scotland or Ireland but it's got pretty much the same to offer. You just have to know how to explore it :P
Yama

Post by Yama »

I went to Sicilia,Italy last year.
It had very beautiful places,especially
sunset in Trapani,westend of the island,
was beyond description. :D
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

i might go to another nice polish seaside resort tomorrow :-)
trinity19

Post by trinity19 »

i couldn't choose the best place to go cuz obviously i haven't been in a lot of places but i recommend croatia cuz it's a very beautiful country (especially drubrovnik) but not a lot of people know!
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

hey. I've actually got back from a week holiday at my lovely Baltic Sea hehe anyway I must admit travelling is a truly great experience. It really does broaden our minds... :D
wisteria

Post by wisteria »

i am a torism guider, maybe one day I will visit the country which you have mentioned above! how lucky i am
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

yeah, you should come and see the beauty of Poland. It's really worth visiting :)
wisteria

Post by wisteria »

of course i will if i got the chance, and i would come to see u at that time by the way
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

I like natural places .
so I will travel to europe in future like Italy spain .portugal...
first ITaly
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Best country to visit

Post by pob »

Podziomka wrote:Hey! What's the best country to visit. Could you recommend any and write why do you think it's good one?
You probably won't visit a country but a city or some places in a Country... :)
What do you want to visit? what do you want to see? museums? buildings? clubs? beaches? rivers? mountains? rich people? poor people? ...

But if you want to visit a country, I recomend you Russia since it's the biggest country and so you will have a lot of places to visit, a lot of geography to travel, a lot of things to see... :)
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
Katy

Post by Katy »

I was on Maldives this year and I can say that it was the best holiday of my life :D
It is a very beautiful and quiet place... Our island had a length only 500 metres :o fantastic... we were swimming with a lot of fish, with turtles, we even saw a little coral shark :) And in the evenings we were sitting alone on the beach and listening ocean...
It is a good place for romantic :D
symphony

Post by symphony »

If you are interested in beautiful places in southamerica you will be find a lot.
For example; Chile is a beutifull country, its geography permits to find differents climates. you will see from dessert to icebergs.
Places more visited in Chile are "San pedro de atacama,""laguna San rafael", "torres del Paine", but there are many places with mountains,country and beaches.
If you like skiing or snowboarding you can go to "valle nevado", if you like l surfing you can go to "Iquique, Arica, Totoralillo or Pichilemu", if you like hiking or rafting" you can go to "pucon".
well, if you need more information you can ask me whenever you want. I kwow much about this country.
symphony

Post by symphony »

I have three web sites where appear good photos about chile, they are http://www.fotosdechile.cl, http://www.sitios.cl and http://www.fotopaises.com
RAJEH

Post by RAJEH »

HI ALL
NICE TALLKING ABUTE travel. last summer i ben in thi it nice place exacly chang mai. and after theat i go to egept naice pepole and places but tray to veset it in winter.
bay the way do some one try to viset saudia.
if some intrest i give my hand to helpe.
DKMaster

Post by DKMaster »

There're many places for me to visit. So if I had a chance, I would visit all !!!!! :D :D
harvester
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by harvester »

I've never gone abroad. It's all my desire. I like travelling to Eroupe, Japan, Australia, America. I love going sightseeing and visit the museums in another countries. I think it's wonderful. Every country has the own valuable beauty! How interesting if I can go everywhere on over the world!!! :wink:
harvester
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by harvester »

DKMaster wrote:There're many places for me to visit. So if I had a chance, I would visit all !!!!! :D :D
Yes, I agree with you! Have you traveled around Vietnam yet, DKMaster?
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

ahmads wrote:I like natural places .
so I will travel to europe in future like Italy spain .portugal...
first ITaly
i will be waiting for your visit to portugal, i know that it comes on the third place of your list, but probably you will earn money to visit this tree countries very soon 8)
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

how to solve some Gordian Knots?:)

Post by hereiam »

well ...you try to guess what country is best to visit. Isn't it better to ...visit whole world and then debate which country was the best??????
All in all I found a very interesting link to read.
How to hitchhike a world in 5 years.
Interesting, indeed.
Have a nice reading and good lesson of languages it is for sure:)
http://www.geocities.com/kingachopin
Ps. for those who don't like risky and uncomfortable life I can recommend a place where you can find many interesting infos from people who like them:)
http://www.phrasebase.com/
When I was younger I liked hitchhiking too. Nowadays I would be too lazy to travel such a way. And still it would be too expansive to me to travel the world even by hitchihikng. Far beyond my financial possibilities and - probably - needs:)
:D
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

well .. let me see .. there are many countries that i would love to visit but the first one in my list is Ukraine , i have seen such a lovely photos of Kiev , its fantastic ! :D
the second country will be Italy and definitely Sicily , probably the best place for spending a memorable summer :wink:
and at the end i always loved to visit Bali islands , a little piece of heaven on earth , as i read about it once ... ..
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

hey Anahita:)

Post by hereiam »

I would probably go to Kaukas because I think these mountains are very beautiful and only some words about biodiversity of Kaukas here and there. These mountains make a border between Europe and Asia. I think it would be good to see Elbrus. I read that it isn't totally immpossible to climb 5600 metres there but conditions - I mean facilities are tragic. And you can be killed by a lighting even during sunny and unstormy day!!!
Besides I would go to Iran. They say Garden Eden was started there. I man Iran-Iraq. Close to Euphrat River etc.
But in the meantime I would choose Ireland probably.
Ireland or France. The best both.
Anahita - but why Ukraine? Would you like to admire Ukrainian steppes? They say they are really breath-taking.
Besides nothing special in Ukraine not counting Eastern Churches.
And history:)
You speak English very well!
Congratulations!!!
:)
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

ps.

Post by hereiam »

And I think in our cultures some young people are very gifted as deals arts. Specially dancing or singing. The same is in Russia.
I wonder how it is in Near(?!?) Asian countries like Iran-Iraq etc. Different culture there.
Well...besides I hope noone feels offended when I told not too many interesting things to see in Ukraine. I should rather say - not too many attractions for tourists there - probably it would sound beter (as far as I know of course).
Besides -personally- I would never trust anyone who belong eastern catholic church. I think these people are mostly false the same way as Polish roman catholics are:( .
But I claim these all because of my daily experiences. Probably someone from Iran would have different opinion. Hahaha:(
People from Ukraine very often come to Poland and trade - they arenot too honest I must say. That's why I say I don't think Ukraine is interesting.
But maybe am I mistaken?
Who knows?
Doth I never was there!
bluestar

Post by bluestar »

you can come in Turkey for holiday!you must see Istanbul.It has got a lot of historical places for example Blue Mosque, Ayasophia...

you can go Bodrum,Marmaris and you can swim in Mediterranean!I think Turkey is wonderfull!
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

hello Turkey

Post by hereiam »

Yes - personally I think much more facilities/attractions for tourists in Turkey than in Ukraine. In Ukraine you can visit churches, in Turkey probably also but somehow it seems to me that more things there compared to Ukraine.
But I don't have to be right of course.
As deals me I think I SHOULD see (simply SHOULD) Paris and I would like to get something more about famous Celtic tribes.
One time the Celts dominated throughout Euro-Asian continent and their very few remmants are what we know from far Ireland.
Simply the Celt are forgotten in the Continent cause the age of Greeks and Romans came soon and they gave a true orgin to contemporary civilisation - not the Celts. Ireland is far from the continent and was far from Roman influences so the memory of Celts lasted there stronger till today.
Thanks for reading:)
benluo

Post by benluo »

Sunny wrote::lol: China is a wonderful country too.It is beautiful.It has delicious food and ancient building,Also has very besutiful scenery.Moreover,the price of ware is very cheap.You can buy lots of mementos for your friends.
i am not sure if you has been China, could you please list some interested place and things?
daimy

Post by daimy »

Hi!
May I ask you a question? How to post picture to these forums? I have tried but not success. Give me a advice, please, thank you
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

hereiam wrote:I would probably go to Kaukas because I think these mountains are very beautiful and only some words about biodiversity of Kaukas here and there. These mountains make a border between Europe and Asia. I think it would be good to see Elbrus. I read that it isn't totally immpossible to climb 5600 metres there but conditions - I mean facilities are tragic. And you can be killed by a lighting even during sunny and unstormy day!!!
Besides I would go to Iran. They say Garden Eden was started there. I man Iran-Iraq. Close to Euphrat River etc.
But in the meantime I would choose Ireland probably.
Ireland or France. The best both.
Anahita - but why Ukraine? Would you like to admire Ukrainian steppes? They say they are really breath-taking.
Congratulations!!!

First I am sorry about my late reply i didnt see this till now ( i am always checking only 2 or 3 of forums daily cause i cant read all the posts)
And its wonderful that you have this information about Elburs honestly i didnt expect many people here know about these mountain in Iran ( which are not very known for the rest of the world ) :D and yes , this mountain has unpredictable natural condition (especially when it comes to weather ) and kind of dangerous if you want to go there alone but its one of the most beautiful places in Tehran and many people including locals and tourists are going to visit it every weekend .. my house is near to this mountain and i can see it through my window every morning which is very beautiful sight , especially in winters when its snowing ...
Well , why Ukraine? I guess its mostly because of the good , positive image that I have about Ukrainian people ( one of my best freinds is from Ukraine and i would love to meet him in Kiev , which i have heard is a lovely city. i should check this out myself ! :lol: ) i don’t like to travel just for seeing the places , natural life or historical buildings , I prefer to visit new people from different ethnic and roots who are living in various daily life . besides I think Ukraine has many beautiful places that may catch every ones attention :wink: I know it may seems an ordinary place for an European but I think I will love it when I go there for visiting my friends ..

http://www.insc.gov.ua/forum6/welcome.html
Congratulations!!!

Molto Grazie :D ( your English is more better than mine :wink: and its so great , hope you can start traveling to the countries you like very soon ! :D Good Luck ! )
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

hello Anahita!

Post by hereiam »

It is alsways nice to see your letters (interesting + good English).
Well ...lately I have read some info about gardens (I am trying to write a short books about history of gardens cause this subject interests me a lot of).
It is Iran-Iraq where CIVILISATION was started. What is civilisation? There are cities and people who sit in one place and build something.
Last year I also watched a good movie about Alexander the Great and how he won Persia.
Near East emipires had been existing long before ancient Egipt and some Persian rulers were said to keep gardens based built the same way Biblical Eden Garden was built by a God.
I also learnt that a Babel Tower was raised somewhere not far from Babylon city and according to Bible during constructing of this tower God made a mess inside human languages so finally they weren't able to communicate. However I can find nowhere HOW LONG the Babel Tower was being built. It could tell as something more about probablility of language -mess during its building.
Besides, it seems to me that the story of decorative gardens makes the story of the world and civilisations much more than the dates of all battles and wars together.
Salute for you Anahita!
And for your favourite Ukraine:)
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

correction of some language errors

Post by hereiam »

1. see the analogy Babel - Babylon (Babel means the Gate to God)
2. a short book
2. people weren't able to communicate
3. to keep garden based on Biblical Eden Garden that was built by God
4. during construction
thanks for reading:)
funnyboy

Post by funnyboy »

kannie wrote:Actually, i have been to Taiwan only, and i think Taiwan is really a wonderful country to visit, especially the bookstores and the night markets. If you visit taiwan, what you have to worry about is how to spend your time efficiently and how you can visit all the places that you are interested in. JUST VISIT AND ENJOT!
First of all, I agree with u that Taiwan is a good PLACE to visit,but
Taiwan is not a country, it's only a part of China.
In history ,there were two governments in China, but only one stayed in China's mainland. Taiwan is a history problem, but not a country.

funnyboy

Post by funnyboy »

benluo wrote:
Sunny wrote::lol: China is a wonderful country too.It is beautiful.It has delicious food and ancient building,Also has very besutiful scenery.Moreover,the price of ware is very cheap.You can buy lots of mementos for your friends.
i am not sure if you has been China, could you please list some interested place and things?
nature : "jiu zhai gou" in SICHUAN province may be the best,
If u have time ,you could visit "YunNan" province,the city of "KumMing" is called the city of spring.
food:It's hard to say,'cause China has many food series.Different sery has diffrerent taste.川,淮,鲁,粤 are the biggest four series.

If u want to know more ,write wo me at *******.com.cn
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: hello Anahita!

Post by Anahita »

hereiam wrote:It is alsways nice to see your letters (interesting + good English).
Well ...lately I have read some info about gardens (I am trying to write a short books about history of gardens cause this subject interests me a lot of).
It is Iran-Iraq where CIVILISATION was started. What is civilisation? There are cities and people who sit in one place and build something.
Last year I also watched a good movie about Alexander the Great and how he won Persia.
Near East emipires had been existing long before ancient Egipt and some Persian rulers were said to keep gardens based built the same way Biblical Eden Garden was built by a God.
I also learnt that a Babel Tower was raised somewhere not far from Babylon city and according to Bible during constructing of this tower God made a mess inside human languages so finally they weren't able to communicate. However I can find nowhere HOW LONG the Babel Tower was being built. It could tell as something more about probablility of language -mess during its building.
Besides, it seems to me that the story of decorative gardens makes the story of the world and civilisations much more than the dates of all battles and wars together.
Salute for you Anahita!

Salute and thanks so much Hereiam for posting these wonderful information and its always a pleasure to read your posts , once again wish you best of luck in your adventures and writing your books :D
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by hereiam »

Hello Anahita - my wish would be to write long pieces of news like this one:
It is alsways nice to see your letters (interesting + good English).
Well ...lately I have read some info about gardens (I am trying to write a short book about history of gardens cause this subject interests me a lot ).
Last year I also watched a good movie about Alexander the Great and how he won Persia. I am writing about it cause it was time when one big civilisation won another - quite independent one.
Near East emipires had been existing long before ancient Egipt But resuming gardens - some Persian rulers were said to own decorative gardens built the same way Biblical Eden Garden was built by a God.
Today we would rather say they owned first parks more than gardens cause trees were present in Eden garden.
It is also interesting to realize what is a difference between contemporary meaning of words "garden" and "park".
Hanging Gardens of Babylon were one of 7 miracles of whole the Ancient World!
I also learnt that a Babel Tower was raised somewhere not far from Babylon city and according to Bible during construction of this tower God made a mess in human languages so finally peaople weren't able to communicate. However, I can find nowhere HOW LONG the Babel Tower was being built. It could tell us something more about probablility of the language-mess during its building.
Salute for you Anahita!
without any language errors.
Notice that I improved my text a bit and added there some details.
And concluding I can say that if Bible is right first garden was in fact first park so the word park is rooted in much earlier times than Europe's Middle Ages (as I learnt from English wikipedia)
well... as a young kid I loved reading archeological books.
If it was paid better I could look for some valid things and dig out all my life.
but nothing like this is possible to me at this moment:(
ps. what would you like to see in Ukraine the best Anahita?:)
passionate

Post by passionate »

Have you ever visited Viet nam,a small country,which is situated next to china. Have you ever heart about the victory of my country against USA and France?Have u known that this peaceful country is the pride of millions of people? If I have a chance to vote for the most beautiful place in the world, vietnam is surely my answer.... :D
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

hello:)

Post by hereiam »

Yes - I heard that some nations has lot of problems with your country (specially US). They still make movies about their diseaster!:(
Trying to compare Vietnam to Poland I must say Germans coped much better with the last.
Don't know why.
Probably because Warsaw isnot as far as Moscow?!?
Who knows!
:roll:
ps. but noone managed to win with Russia. Both Napolean and Hitler failed. today we have had 25 Celsjus centigrades below zero and this is merely Silesia - still thousands of kilometres to Moscow!
But what I would like to say is that I have someone in my family - one still living brother of my grandmother that was sent to fight at the battle of Stalingrad.
The hell was there. People were eating people. No food.
I see him a pawn of history.
We all are pawns of history:(.
When your country loses a war or you lose your ideas or go astride the truth you become MOSTLY only a pawn of history no matter you like it or not.
I know such things cause I can see them everywhere around.
Never better:)
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

ps.

Post by hereiam »

HAD a lot of problems of course (instead of has)
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

ps2.

Post by hereiam »

2. besides WHO was sent - not THAT was sent
3. and numerous other language mistakes but I hope people are able to understand the whole text.

Besides there was no food at Stalingrad. People didn't have neither warm clothes nor medical treatment while diseases spread.:(
probably it all was deu to fact airplanes were sending only new bombs instead of food and clothes.
Who knows?
never better:)
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

ups.

Post by hereiam »

due to (of course)
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

hereiam wrote: ps. what would you like to see in Ukraine the best Anahita?:)

hmm .. well .. probably Kreschatik street in Kiev will be my first choice :wink: i have heard its a very beautiful street with musician who are performing different kind of music ,painters , lovely souvenir shops and great malls ( lol .. now iam drooling on the keyboard ! :lol: ) and its a very good place for taking a walk and enjoying of your time , then you can go for a boat trip on Denpro .. yeah :wink:
then St. Sophia's Cathedral is not a bad choice ( I love to visit some orthox style church , comparing to our eastern style in Iran , they can gives a very nostalgic , soothing feeling to a beholder , like you are still in home you know .. and then Kiev opera house and Museum of Ukrainian Fine Arts , cause I am crazy art lover .LOL .. and then .. I guess I better stop ! :lol: going to fetch some tea , helps me to wake up from dreaming ! :lol: :P :lol:
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

Ukrainian steppes

Post by hereiam »

Hello:)
I think that everyone is different. If being in Ukraina I would go and look for famous Ukrainian steppes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steppe
I would lie there and do nothing or do some research there picking up plants.
All in all I would keep far from Kijew cause people from Ukrainian privince spit at Kijew very much.
Sad but true like everywhere in Eastern Europe where people are obsessed with need of power. And power is money.
In my country people love US so much but don't want to notice that no big money is earned by ruling people in Western countries. In Poland these people have high salaries.
ps. I always keep very close to nature and wildlife in my life cause I can see a meaning there. A point. A message. A core.
A conclusion.
Some people say - you don't like animals! Oh I do like them but people so often forget that we are not necessary for the planet earth. It is that we need the planet not that the planet needs us.
Some days ago I found on the Net posts with www sides where old (XVI century) anatomical atlases were scanned and presented to the public.
Some people are bit too fat on them (comparing their built to the present standarts) but as deals human body we didn't make any big progress since Renesaince. Really.
Only technological progres + better and better understanding of physical rules has made a big step forward.
But a travel inside human body still looks the same!
It is really amazing!
ooung

best country to visit

Post by ooung »

I think , the best country to visit is New Zealand . I'm going there on summer. I think NewZealand is very beautiful,safe and clean.But thailand is the great place to visit too. You can go up north to see the beautiful flowers inChiang MAi or go down south to the beautiful beach at Puket or Krebi.It is so wonderful. :D :lol: