travelling to Ireland

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Ireland - The Emerald Isle

Post by Shazzam »

I haven't been to Ireland but my parents were both born there and I have relatives there; who send me pictures etc. It is a beautiful place. They don't call it the Emerald Isle for nothing! Everything is so green.

Also over the last ten years or so they have geared themselves for tourism; so it is very user friendly now; with lots of bed and breakfasts, motels etc.

There is alot to be said about the various cultures that live there now. It has become very multi-cultural; whilst still holding onto its wonderful by-gone traditions.

Wish I had the money to go. One day I hope to win lotto and go and visit! :mrgreen:
riconasc

Beer or not beer.

Post by riconasc »

If you are visiting Ireland you need to know the Guiness factory (or only drink it in one pub). Also, i recommend to read James Joyce (Dubliners) and when you will be there, listen some U2 song (80's).

Rico
real_lord

Post by real_lord »

Hi people:)
U2 I know, The Crannberies and Th Corrs too. CDs with fascinating folk music I can buy here and there too, also read about history and look at some pictures (on teh Net for example or buy/borrow an album about Ireland ).
Next year I am going to go to Sweden. I have to visit country of this man:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolus_Linnaeus
He isn't too handsome probably but I think his merits for botany can never be overestimated;)
All the best for everyone:)
hahaha:)