Reading and coffee

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

riconasc

Reading and coffee

Post by riconasc »

Hi Friends,

i live in Brazil, São Paulo. I have 30 years old. I like to "flaneurs" (the name used to urban wanderers, from writer Charles Baudelaire), because i like my town. I like to walk in the sidewalks and see things and people. Here in São Paulo city has a lot of nice bookstores and coffee shops.

If you are interested in come here, i could recommend some places and tell some tips (about culture, food, security...).

And i would like to know things and what people do in others big cities in the world. Can you tell me about it?

:)

Rico

email me: *******.com

Post by Guest »

Do you have Starbucks at where you live?
riconasc

Other option

Post by riconasc »

Unfortunately not yet (i heard that its comming soon).
but we have a lot of similars:

A casa do pão de queijo - this coffee shop have a good expresso and you can eat a nice cheese bread.

Café do Ponto: the same of A casa do pão de queijo

Frans café: this is the better because its 24 hours, and have a lot of delicious accompaniment.

Rei do Mate: Althought of this establishment especiality is tea, the expresso and the breads are nice.

Recently i discover one site with a lot of others coffee shops (some more elegant and with more option of coffees). So i need to go in everyone and them i promisse to post my opinion here.

Thank your anwser,

Ricardo

Post by Guest »

I'm surprised that you don't have Starbucks yet because Starbucks is a chained coffee shop in America. Mostly chained restaurants and shops in America usually get to go oversea. By the way, those shops you listed above sound nice. Which one do you usually go to? Which one do you like better?

Post by Guest »

I don't go to other coffee houses often besides Starbucks so I don't know which one is good near where I live. Anyway, there is Barnes and Nobles bookshop near my place and I love that place because I can get to read books for free with a cup of coffee. Thus, it usually costs me around 2-5 dollars for a cup of coffee and/or a piece of cake or cookie. It's nice to spend time like that sometime.
riconasc

Post by riconasc »

Yes, i agree with you. I dont know why we haven´t Starbucks yet. Brazilian people like coffee a lot, so it would be greatfull.

I usualy go to café do ponto and rei do mate, because its near of my job. But when i am studing (at night) i go to a coffee shop inside of local market store.

Here in Brazil have a coffee house inside the bookshop too: Livraria Saraiva and Nobel. I also like of this megastore, because we can read magazines and books before of buy (or not).

But here havent Barnes and Nobles.

Do you like aromatic coffees?

Ricardo

Post by Guest »

riconasc wrote: Do you like aromatic coffees?

Ricardo
I like Cappuccino and Latte
riconasc

I like it too.

Post by riconasc »

I like expresso (its better with chantilly!), but sometimes i take one aromatic coffee with taste like chocolate, irish drink and almond.

Ricardo
simplyblessedwithlove wrote:
riconasc wrote: Do you like aromatic coffees?

Ricardo
I like Cappuccino and Latte
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

oh i think coffee is a delicious drink. I truly love Italian cappuccino. I just wish that it wouldn't be so harmful for our hearts. Anyway the little cream over the cup of coffee makes my day! LoL :-);-);-)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

naaah, heart is important. too much coffee can damage it so we just should keep our limits. that's all. little cappuccino isn't a bad thing, is it? hehe :-)
wishooutlll

Re: Reading and coffee

Post by wishooutlll »

I like expresso (its higher with chantilly!), but every now and then i take one aromatic espresso with flavor like chocolate, irish drink and almond. See more about the nespresso coffee why it's best and what's the cost.
irakvargas

Re: Other option

Post by irakvargas »

riconasc wrote: Tue May 10, 2005 9:55 pm Unfortunately not yet (i heard that its comming soon).
but we have a lot of similars:

A casa do pão de queijo - this coffee shop have a good expresso and you can eat a nice cheese bread.

Café do Ponto: the same of A casa do pão de queijo

Frans café: this is the better because its 24 hours, and have a lot of delicious accompaniment.

Rei do Mate: Althought of this establishment especiality is tea, the expresso and the breads are nice.

Recently i discover one site with a lot of others coffee shops (some more elegant and with more option of coffees). So i need to go in everyone and them i promisse to post my opinion here.

Thank your anwser,

Ricardo
probably the government does not allow to another brand coffee shop, like Starbucks
ambpickler

Post by ambpickler »

Hello! Last year I really missed the cafe, sitting with friends, reading a book in a cozy cafe, trying something new. but I learned how to make coffee at home. It's really nice.
Angel S

Post by Angel S »

Reading in a coffee shop with friends is very relaxing.
Better Job, Better Education, Better World. Try to explore more about how to teach english in guangzhou