Let's start our Muslim Festival, Okay?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

thank you Violet!!!!

we wil write as soon as possable !!!1
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

the Islamic calender

The Islamic celender hase started 1426 years before,

thats mean , this year is 1426.

muslims started the islamic calender acoording to the year that in which Mohammed (p o h) -the massanger- have traviled from Mukka to Al-madeens (both is k.s.a).

this calender has 12 months
{ Moharam, Safar, 1st Rabie, 2ed Rabie, 1st jumada, 2ed jumada, Rajab, Shaban Ramadan,Shawal, De al Qeqa, De alhejja

}

and it is counted according to the movement on the moon,

a month starts when the first part of the moon appear in the sky, and its end when the moon dissappear,

a month can has max days of 30 and min of 29.

Muslims have two holydays in the year
on 1st of Shawal
on 10th if De Al-hejja
Last edited by mr_Love on Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunny98

Post by sunny98 »

This is just a hint about the traditions of Muslims for example:

Festivals:
Muslims have two feasts they call it (Eid).
The first one is called (Alfeter) it is the first day of the month next to Ramadan. It is after 7 days.
The second is (AL Adha) it is the 10th day of the Haj month.

Food:
Muslims are allowed to eat any food except the deads, pigs, drugs, calvados or any harmful things.

Traveling:
Muslims (male or female) can travel anywhere but females have to be with one of her relations to help her and take care of her.

Holly places:
Makkah: where one can find the holly kaa’ba in the holly mosque.
Madinah: where one can see the mosque of prophet Mohammad and the mosque of Qebaa the first mosque in Islam.
Makkah and Madinah are in Saudi Arabia
Alquds (Jerusalem):in Palestine

Fasting
In Ramadan month all Muslims stop eating, drinking and making sex affairs from dawn till sunset. Actually this makes bodies get rid of all the bad and harmful things.

After Ramadan the first (Eid) feast of Muslims will begin. The most remarkable tradition of this feast is that rich Muslims should give the poor people a sum of money to help them be happy in the feast and celebrate with them.

more soon...
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

hi Violet::
Hey Sunny, I heard that Muslims don't eat crabs, shrimps, because their bones are outside the bodies. Is that right?
No ... :lol: :lol:

It is wrong information(your information is wrong))
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

yea Violet,,,

our month satrts when the firt line of the moon is appear !!
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Muslim's Food.

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

As Muslims, God allowed us to eat whatever we want except what is written in this verse.
"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than God; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly)eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it ( in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone; (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety."[Holy Qur'an 5-4]

As for beverages, Alcoholic drinks is prohibited on Muslims.
"O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of ) stones, and (divination by)arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handiwork : eschew such (abomination) that ye may prosper."[Holy Qur'an 5-93]

*What is "Halal" food?
If you have Muslims' stores in your country, I am sure that you have seen or heard this word before.
"Halal" means something that is lawful and permitted in Islam. Nowadays, you can see it on written on the bags of meat. It means that this animal was sacrificed according to the Islamic Law (Sharia) with a sharp knife.

Prophet Mohammed –peace be upon him- also ordered Muslims not to sharpen the knife in front of the animal because it is cruel to do that to a creature that has feeling like us.

The only people that we as Muslims can eat from their meat even though it isn't sacrificed according to the Islamic Law (Sharia) are the people of the Book( Jews and Christians)
"This day are (all ) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the people of the book is lawful unto you" [Holy Qur'an 5-6]
You can see now why Muslims tourists eat sea food not meat in some countries.

In some countries, they sacrificed animals by strangling, by electric shocking, or by hitting them on the head until they die and then they cut it to pieces with it skin. Muslims never do that.
According to Islamic Sharia, The animal is sacrificed while it is alive with a very sharp knife from the throat so it won't feel any pain. And after that they take the skin off. That assures you that the meat is fresh and that's way Halal meat has a very special and wonderful flavor.

Note: I dedicate this post to my lovely friend RedRose who asked me before "Why the meat in Muslims' restaurant is so delicious?" :D :D :D
sunny98

Post by sunny98 »

violet wrote:Hey Sunny, I heard that Muslims don't eat crabs, shrimps, because their bones are outside the bodies. Is that right?
Your post is very helpful, thanks!:)
It is wrong, about me I favorite shrimps.
General I am fasting now :oops: after 3 hours I 'll breakfast :lol: and go to seafood resturant to eat shrimps. 8)

In following link U can down load "True Islam" Movie
http://binbazfoundation.org/english/msrwa_alislam.html
it talk about family, jehad in Islam and other subjects.

to more about islamic civilization visit
http://www.muslimheritage.com/Default.aspx
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Let's start our Muslim Festival, Okay?

Post by Unknownsu »

violet wrote: Unknownsu will be angry at me if he knows that I am trying to put something in his garden without his permission. Let me be the sacrifice :cry: .
Don't worry, Violet, you won't be the sacrificial lamb today. Thank you for trying to uplift this forum. I know I am unworthy of moderating any of these forums. I'm thinking of forfeiting my position. :cry:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Let's start our Muslim Festival, Okay?

Post by Unknownsu »

violet wrote:
Unknownsu wrote: I know I am unworthy of moderating any of these forums. I'm thinking of forfeiting my position. :cry:
No, you can't do it, Unknownsu. :evil:
The amount of posts in a specific forum is not the only way to tell the quality of that forum. Is a noisy forum must be nice? I never believe it.
All in all, Advanture&Travel is in a very high position in my mind, since Unknownsu is here. 8)
Thank you, Violet. I will deduct 50 cents from the 5000 dollars you owe me.
sunny98

Islam Contributions to Civilization in Math and Sciences

Post by sunny98 »

The Arab world of the seventh to the thirteenth centuries was a great cosmopolitan civilization and an enormous unifying enterprise that joined the peoples of Spain and North Africa with the ancient lands of Egypt, Syria and Mesopotamia in the east. The Arab world enhanced and developed the arts and sciences and preserved the libraries of the early centuries of the Greek, Roman, and Byzantine cultures. Indeed, during the Dark Ages of Europe, much learning was preserved for the world through the Arab libraries in the universities of Morocco (Fez), Mali (Timbuktu) and Egypt (al-Azhar). From this period of Arab influence, new worlds such as orange, sugar, coffee, sofa, satin, and algebra filtered into the languages of Europe and eventually into our own. New discoveries were made in the sciences and arts that improved the life and condition of Man, and thousands of Arab contributions have become an integral part of human civilization.

Mathematics

In mathematics, the Arab sifr, or zero, provided new solutions for complicated mathematical problems. The Arabic numeral – an improvement on the original Hindu concept – and the Arab decimal system facilitated the course of science. The Arabs invented and developed algebra and made great strides in trigonometry. Al-Khwarizmi, credited with the founding of algebra, was inspired by the need to find a more accurate and comprehensive method of ensuring precise land divisions so that the Quran could be carefully obeyed in the laws of inheritance. The writings of Leonardo da Vinci, Leonardo Fibonacci of Pisa, and Master Jacob of Florence show the Arab influence on mathematical studies in European universities. The reformation of the calendar, with a margin of error of only one day in five thousand years, was also a contribution of Arab intellect.

Astronomy

Like algebra, the astrolabe was improved with religion in mind. It was used to chart the precise time of sunrises and sunsets, and to determine the period for fasting during the month of Ramadan. Arab astronomers of the Middle Ages compiled astronomical charts and tables in observatories such as those at Palmyra and Maragha. Gradually, they were able to determine the length of a degree, to establish longitude and latitude, and to investigate the relative speeds of sound and light. Al-Biruni, considered one of the greatest scientists of all time, discussed the possibility of the earth’s rotation on its own axis – a theory proven by Galileo six centuries later. Arab astronomers such as al-Fezari, al-Farghani, and al-Zarqali added to the works of Ptolemy and the classic pioneers in the development of the magnetic compass and charting of the zodiac. Distinguished astronomers from all over the world gathered to work at Maragha in the sixteenth century.

Medicine

In the field of medicine, the Arabs improved upon the healing arts of ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt. Al-Razi, a medical encyclopedist of the ninth century, was an authority on contagion. Among his many volumes of medical surveys, perhaps the most famous is the Kitab al-Mansuri. It was used in Europe until the sixteenth century. Al-Razi was the first to diagnose smallpox and measles, to associate these diseases and others with human contamination and contagion, to introduce such remedies as mercurial ointment, and to use animal gut for sutures.

The famous scientist-philosopher known in Europe as Avicenna was Ibn Sina, an Arab. He was the greatest writer of medicine in the Middle Ages, and his Canon was required reading throughout Europe until the seventeenth century. Avicenna did pioneer work in mental health, and was a forerunner of today’s psychotherapists. He believed that some illnesses were psychosomatic, and he sometimes led patients back to a recollection of an incident buried in the subconscious in order to explain the present ailment.

In the fourteenth century, when the Great Plague ravaged the world, Ibn Khatib and Ibn Khatima of Granada recognized that it was spread by contagion. In his book, Kitabu’l Maliki, al-Maglusi showed a rudimentary conception of the capillary system; an Arab from Syria, Ibn al-Nafisk discovered the fundamental principles of pulmonary circulation.

Other Sciences

Concerning Arab contributions to engineering, one can look to the water wheel, cisterns, irrigation, water wells at fixed levels, and the water clock. In 860, the three sons of Musa ibn Shakir published the Book on Artifices, which described a hundred technical constructions. One of the earliest philosophers, al-Kindi, wrote on specific weight, tides, light reflection and optics.

Al-Haythem (known in Europe as Alhazen) wrote a book in the tenth century on optics, Kitab Al Manazir. He explored optical illusions, the rainbow, and the camera obscura (which led to the beginning of photographic instruments). He also made discoveries in atmospheric refractions (mirages and comets, for example), studied the eclipse, and laid the foundation for the later development of the microscope and the telescope. Al-Haythem did not limit himself to one branch of the sciences, but like many of the Arab scientist and thinkers, explored and made contributions to the field s of physics, anatomy and mathematics.

Acknowledgement

The information in this leaflet was reprinted with permission from the American-Arab Anti- Discrimination Committee (http://www.adc.org). The original booklet, “Arab Contributions to Human Civilizations” was written by Mary Macron of Cleveland, Ohio.
sunny98

RAMADAAN

Post by sunny98 »

Ramadaan is the ninth month of the lunar calendar, and the month during which the Prophet Mohammed received the first revelation from God, the first verses of the Holy Quran.

The Quran says:

The month of Ramadaan [is that] in which was revealed the Quran, a guidance for the people and a self-evident proof of that guidance, and as the standard by which to discern the true from the false. So whoever of you lives to see this month shall fast throughout it; but he that is ill, or on a journey, [shall fast instead the same] number of other days. God wills that you shall have ease, and does not will you to suffer hardship, and that you complete the number of days and that you extol God for His having guided you aright and that you render your thanks [unto Him].(2:185)

Muslims view Ramadaan as a month of joy, goodwill and community spirit, rather than a month of hardship. There are many benefits from fasting: personal and communal, physical and spiritual.

God-consciousness

God - consciouness is the foremost benefit of fasting and the reason for it's prescription:
"O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you so that you may have
God-consciousness." (2:183)

With God-consciousness, one is motivated to perform actions that are pleasing to God and at the same time avoid things that He has prohibited. The fasting Muslim is aware that God knows and sees all things, and is conscious of His presence throughout the day. For his observation of the fast, he is promised forgiveness and a great reward in the Hereafter. The Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) said,” Whoever fasts in the month of Ramadaan with full consciousness of faith and a sense of accountability will have all previous sins forgiven.”

Will power

During Ramadaan, from dawn until sunset, every healthy adult Muslim abstains from food, drinks and sexual relations. After sunset and until dawn, no such restrictions apply. Pregnant, breast-feeding and menstruating women, as well as people who are travelling or sick should not fast, but should make up the days when they have the ability to do so. Pre-pubescent children are not required to fast, although many children insist on fasting along with their parents and siblings. The physical effects of fasting include lowered blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure. But more importantly, fasting develops a level of patience and self-discipline that cannot be achieved easily in any other way. After fasting an entire month, one develops confidence in oneself to meet any challenge with resolve, patience and faith in God.

Empathy

Ramadaan is unique in that it provides an opportunity for every Muslim, regardless of his economic status, to have a first-hand experience of how it feels to be hungry and thirsty for hours on end. One can only become more empathetic and compassionate to the poor and disadvantaged, as well as more thankful for the blessings one enjoys every day. Muslims are encouraged to be more charitable during Ramadaan and to help anyone in need. Not only are sharing food and spending in charity encouraged, but everything from a kind word to a smile is considered a charitable act. In the evenings in Ramadaan, social visits are exchanged to promote love and brotherhood. Many people invite relatives and neighbors to break the fast together, called iftar. Thus, the month of Ramadaan is also a very social occasion. The bleak abstinence of the day contrasts with the joyous festivities of the night.

Increased worship

While the most obvious feature of Ramadaan is the fast, there are several extraordinary forms of worship that are practiced to gain closeness to the Creator. In addition to the five daily prayers, the Muslim often increases his prayers and supplications during Ramadaan, particularly with evening taraweeh prayers, about two hours after sunset, and with prayers throughout the night. The last ten nights of Ramadaan are especially important as Muslims anticipate Lailat-al-Qadr, or the Night of Destiny. This night is the anniversary of the first Qu’ranic revelation and is said to be equal to a thousand months of worship in merit. Since they are not sure on which night it falls, Muslims intensify worship for all ten nights. Many Muslims try to recite the whole Qur'aan at least once in Ramadaan. It is a time for total dedication to on’es faith, providing a focus for the coming year. It is truly a month of worship and God-consciousness.

Eid, or the Feast

Eid-alFitr, or celebration of the feast, follows the last day of Ramadaan. It is a special time of congratulations, socialization and charity. The day begins with congregational prayers after sunrise and follows with exchanging visits, giving gifts, sharing meals and social outings. However, all agree that the real celebration is not when the fast is complete, but begins on the first day of Ramadaan and lasts throughout the month.
sunny98

Eids(festivals)

Post by sunny98 »

There are two Eids during the year. The celebration of Eid al-Fitr, which follows Ramadan, usually takes place over three days. Throughout the Eid, the people will dress in their finest clothes and families will exchange visits and entertain children with outings and monetary gifts.

Eid al-Adhaa, which follows the pilgrimage season, is celebrated in similar fashion. For three days, families exchange visits, share special meals and treat children to gifts, fun and games.

The meaning of Eid

In its purest sense, the Arabic word Eid refers to something that returns and is repeated. It is known as the celebrations that follow two of the major rituals in Islam – the fast of Ramadan and the pilgrimage, or Hajj. The Eids are unique festivals when Muslims celebrate their spiritual progress with worship, charity, socialization and festivity.

Eid al-Fitr

Eid al-Fitr, or Festival of Breaking Fast, is the celebration that follows Ramadan. After a month of abstaining from food, drink, smoking and conjugal relations from dawn to sunset, Muslims celebrate with a congregational prayer, charity and joyful social exchanges.

Eid begins on the first day of Shawwal, the tenth month in the Islamic calendar. Following the dawn prayer, the Muslim prepares for the Eid prayer, which takes place shortly after sunrise. He showers, wears his best clothes, and has a bite to eat to begin celebrating breaking the fas”t. All the while, he may hear around him the people repeating the takbee”r, or praises of God, on their way to the Eid prayer. Then he goes to a large open area for congregational prayers and a short sermon. He is joined by men, women and children from his neighborhood.

There is a great joy in Eid al-Fitr, and any Muslim would agree that the joy of breaking the month-long fast is secondary to many other feelings, such as thankfulness, remembrance, achievement and peace.

Thankfulness

Muslims are thankful to God for the guidance He sent in the Qur'an, which was revealed in the month of Ramadan, and for helping them fulfill their spiritual obligations prior to the Eid. This thankfulness is not confined to spiritual devotion but is expressed with charity, good will and celebration. The distribution of alms constitutes a major part of the Eid. Every Muslim man, woman and child will give a specified amount of money or food-stuff to the needy.

Remembrance

The celebration of Eid begins with remembering God first and foremost. The congregational Eid prayer is a time to glorify Him, remember His blessings and generosity, and pray for forgiveness for any shortcomings in on’es fast.

Achievement

Every Muslim who completed the fast of Ramadan has a tremendous sense of achievement. When he abstains from satisfying the most basic needs and powerful urges of life all day, each day for an entire month, both in public and in private, he develops a level of patience and self-discipline that cannot be
achieved easily in any other way. After the fast, he feels he can meet any challenge with resolve, patience and faith.

Peace

The discipline and spirituality of Ramadan leaves in the Muslim a profound feeling of peace and satisfaction. This comes from the willful submission to Go’ds Law and from the blessings which emanate from that submission.

Eid al-Adhaa

Eid al-Adhaa, or Festival of the Sacrifice, follows the pilgrimage to Mecca, or Hajj. It falls on the tenth day of Thul-Hijjah, the last month of the Islamic calendar. Like Eid al-Fitr, it begins with a congregational prayer after sunrise. The day before the Eid, those performing Hajj spend the day at Mount Arafah outside Mecca, supplicating, praying, seeking forgiveness, and feeling a close connection with the Creator. Those who did not go for Hajj fast on that day, also increasing in worship and acts of goodness. This day, known as the Day of Arafah, is the peak of the pilgrimage. So the Eid is a celebration of having completed this tremendous day.

After the Eid prayer, the head of the household will slaughter a sheep or other animal and distribute some of its meat to relatives and the poor. This is to commemorate Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his long-awaited son, Ishmael, after receiving God's command to do so in a dream. Both he and his son were willing to comply, knowing it was a test of faith and submission. However, just as the knife was put to Ishmael's throat, a ram was brought by arch-angel Gabriel as a substitute. Abraham had proven his faith and his obedience, so the ram was sacrificed in Ishmael's place. To commemorate this event, the Muslim will purchase a sheep or another edible animal, slaughter it, and give some if its meat in charity. The meat is distributed to family, neighbors and the needy. It is received joyfully, often cooked immediately into sumptuous feasts, and several families gather to exchange greetings and share in the festivities. The celebration of Eid al-Adhaa lasts for three days.
sunny98

Post by sunny98 »

Zakat: A Muslim pays zakat (compulsory charity) to the poor and others in need. It amounts to 2.5% of ones excess wealth that has accumulated for a year. Zakat helps to establish economic balance and social justice in the society, and promotes goodwill between the rich and the poor.
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

HOW MUSLIMS PRAY:

pray in Islam is the most improtant thing muslim should do,

it will be the first this to ask about in " the final day"

muslims pray 5 times aday

every one has a name and atime

1- (al-fager), just before th esun rise, and brfor the its light shine.

2- (al - Dohor), in the noon almost between (12.30pm-1pm)

3- (al-Assar), in the after noon (3.30-4.15)

4- (al_mageb), after the sun set.

5- (al- Eshaa), in the night, (7.00-9.00)

* thie time written is not the time for the pray, it is the time for When we pray,
but the a pray takes only 3-5 mints,,
sunny98

Post by sunny98 »

playman

Post by playman »

that tradition's name is "RAMAZAN". we called this "ramazan month". i will tell you more but you have to know it's story.