These are my tips for a tourist visiting California:
1. Must-visit places: Disneyland, Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Castro District (if you never seen many gays at one place
), Universial Studio in Hollowood, Santa Cruz, Monterey Beaches, Baker Beach (nude beach in S.F), and many more I can't remember right now.
2. Staying in Los Angeles?= It's mostly hot, don't bring Eskimo jackets or shoes
. Staying in San Francisco?= It's mostly cold, bring them jackets. Other places in California?= Bring both types of clothing.
3. Buy cheap things?= Go to Chinatown or Walmart
. Buying expensive things?= Go to stores that sell souvenirs for tourists.
4. Going to eat?= Ask the residents.
5. Getting around? Bart or rent a car. Taxi is a ripped-off.
Ask me if you'd like more. I can't think of anymore right now.